Languy99's Video Reviews

For newbies, yes I would.

eXPerience

Yes, but he;)) That’s the problem, he is he, not me :smiley:

yes I would, in all of my previous tests (published and unpublished) I tried every security suite so I could seeing how well it protected, how much impact it had on the computer and how quiet it was. even though I like computers I don’t want to spend my time messing with the av. The ultimate av is one that is totally quiet until needed, and protects you from 99.9% of all malware. As of right now KIS is about as close to that as you can get. Why? becasue KIS not only has great signatures but they incorporate HIPS, a Behavior Blocker and Heuristics (that actually work) to catch as many zero day malware as possible.

Well, I agree that the AV still needs a bit of work, but not for the fact that it only manifested once. With CIS, the AV is basically the final layer of protection. The concept of CIS is that protection is the most important layer of defense. Stop things before they get into your system.

So the fact that D+ and the memory firewall jumped in and stopped the threats before the AV had a chance to even see the stuff goes right along with Comodo’s design philosophy for CIS. They don’t want things to get as far as the AV.

uff…
Any AV is the first layer of protection.

I’d beg to differ in regards to what Heff said, Defense + really is the first layer of protection as it is about prevention and not detection.

uff…

I quite agree with that. And I like Kaspersky myself.
But how does a reguler user reacts when confronted with this…(snapshot)?

How about a review of KIS?

Regards,
Jose.

[attachment deleted by admin]

KIS offers great protection in stock form, nothing needs to be changed really. I’ll do a review why not.

Do us a favour languy.
Try to break it down. Don’t just splash it with some url’s. Go for the core. The first thing a security software should do is to protect itself. See what happened to MacAfee (well, with that one it wasn’t too difficult).

Regards,
Jose.

!ot! Only if you think in the past. With the complex malware these days, AV is the final resort. A firewall is obviously the first layer. Second would be a HIPS or behavioral analysis. (Defense+ is a HIPS) Last is the AV.

As I stated earlier, the goal is to stop things before the AV comes into play. Before anything actually gets in your machine! AV is always going to be the weak link because the AV can’t act until something either gets into memory or on your HD. In other words, the malware is already in your machine. At this point if the AV can’t deal with whatever got in, you’re ■■■■■■■. You are at the mercy of the quality of the signatures or heuristics.

Two requests:

DriveSentry, classical review.
CIS, to install on an infected machine and clean it up.

Regards,
Jose.

I would also like to see a review of Geswalll if you get the time. Thanks

Keep up the great work.

Please test Panda cloud beta 3 :))

immunet protect too, please:)))

http://www.immunet.com/protect

great work there Languy99.

One suggestion if i may: if you put all the links to different reviews in your original post, then it would be easier to find them. Again, thank you for the great work! Keep it up pls.

Melih

sure, i’ll do that today.

EDIT, all done they are not all in the first post, in chronological order.

new panda cloud av review posting in first post at bottom, check it out.

Doesn’t look like Panda has improved much for mrizos’s beta 2 test.

new trendmicro IS 2010 review is up, check it out on the first post at the bottom.

EDIT, I also posted a drive sentry Review.