Languy99's Video Reviews

Same here… its a ok scanner. And the beta may get it back in the game.

the only questions I got from the HIPS in counter spy is do you want to let the program run. In rising it told me that this program was modifying a protected registry key. So they were two different alerts.

Potato, Potahto…

The alert from Counter Spy said the application wanted to change your system startup settings. What protected registry key did you block with Rising? I’m going to guess system startup.

Edit: I’m not a user of either product, just playing devil’s advocate here.

[attachment deleted by admin]

can a mod move all of my videos on here from the other thread. Thanks

wow weird, so many people saying things about my voice… who knew ;D

edit, I got two more reviews coming tonight. NOD32 and Sophos.

Hi languy,

wouldn’t it be better if you added them up in your first post ? It makes it easier to look for them then.

eXPerience

I would have been interested to see if a scan with NOD32 would have turned up anything.

And man, I just don’t understand the concept behind the HIPS usability of Sophos. What are they thinking with that? ???

That’s McAfee at what it does best: ■■■■■ up.

A request: Online Armor Premium.

Thanks,
Jose

online armor premium is just a firewall, did you mean online armor ++?

It’s also a HIPS. My curiosity was to compare it with CIS. Maybe in that case version++ would make more sense.

Regards.
Jose.

Edit: from all the tests/reviews I saw (many) and my own experience (limited) I find Comodo and Talemu to provide the best solutions in the market. A confrontation would be very interesting, but under the same circumstances: same settings (high), same url’s (a lot of them) etc.
Could you find the time and the patience for a through review of this two?

Best regards,
Jose.

yeah I could. might take me a while, but I can

Just FYI, taskkill.exe is a valid Windows process when running from C:\WINDOWS\system32.

Phaha, OA++ is a totally mess. If a regular user tries to use it, will throw it to the garbage very fast. ;D I didn’t like what i saw on this videos from OA.And listen to HeffeD, he’s right about taskkill.exe.:)))

P.S. One more thing.How do you choose when to allow or deny some process?It’s unrealistic in your way.Everybody can decide a different thing.:))

‘’…wants to run another program, I THINK…‘’ Haha, a bit confused, right? ;D :smiley:
Sorry, but OA++ is not good at all.CIS already had passed this way. :))

I never liked the way online armor looked and felt. Too confusing and too much ■■■■ in the way from making an easy decision. And I can’t believe they charge tons of money for this program, three licenses for one year $90 while I can get kaspersky internet security that is better for $50.

+1
Absolutely.:slight_smile: :-TU

I’ve just watched your Forticlient review and i like it very much.:))). :-TU

Thank you so, so much Languy. Very good review.
They both did very well but I woud choose CIS for three reasons:
You can configure it more thoroughly.
It’s pop-ups are easier to deal with.
It’s free.

One thing though, the AV needs a bit of work. It only manifested itself once.

Regards,
Jose.

He made the proper decisions. One could call it common sense based.

Would you rank KIS above OA in terms of effectiveness? hum…