Languy99's Video Reviews

Looks like you changed your resolution or compression settings on the videos? The Trendmicro and Drive Sentry videos are fuzzy if you view full screen. The previous videos have looked really good full screen.

Edit: Hmmm… No, if I look at the previous videos, they look the same way now… Maybe YouTube has changed something. ???

Oh, and you messed up on the drive sentry video. You didn’t pause when you started scanning with Malwarebytes and the video runs out before you show the results of the scan.

I didn’t change anything, it has to be youtube.

Testing Immunet Protect AV, see how it did. First page, at the bottom.

EDIT, I also added a geswall review.

Yeah, the player is different. Don’t know what’s up with that. Did you see my edit in my previous post about your Drive Sentry video?

Hi Languy. Good job. Keep it up.

I’m afraid you messed up the DriveSentry review. Could you check that up?

Regards,
Jose.

You got a lot of reviews languy, nice work :)?
EDIT: Review online armor free please? :smiley:

It’s all about the voice ;D

eXPerience

Great Geswall review. Matts review of it was fine but he didn’t use the unrusted files feature or do a scan with MBAM. Thanks.

One thing i found that was a flaw in Geswall though was that on the untrusted files list the “delete file” and “label as trusted” options are right next to each other, and they dont ask you to confirm you choice when you click either of them. Once when I was testing it i managed to click the wrong one and label 100’s of malicious files as trusted. And there’s no way undoing the changes.

Does any one know how GeSWall compares with Sandboxie?

Regards,
Jose.

P.S. Can you test Sandboxie Languy? Thanks.

No, he just deleted the stuff manually. I did think that was odd when watching his review. I thought there had to be an easier way, which Languy99’s review pointed out. I think however, the fact that Matt uses Geswall on his systems and doesn’t feel an AV is even necessary with this setup speaks volumes…

It wouldn’t let you change them back? I’d imagine the developer is open to user input. Have you suggested some usability changes to accommodate this?

Both different methods although both very effective. IMO I think that geswall integrates seamlessly with windows and user habbits.

Thanks for the answer Kyle.
One more question though:
How about security wise? I mean, would a virus designed to break a sandbox application find it easier in Sandboxie?

Regards,
Jose.

Well… GeSWall isn’t a sandbox to start off with,
http://gentlesecurity.com/docs/geswallfaq01.html#q4 ← Lot’s of questions answered on their faq too.

And to-date there is no reports of any real malware bypassing sandboxie or GeSWall (Unless it’s been discussed away from the public eye? >:-D ;D) So your safe with either.

Thanks for the answer and for the link.
I found it a bit confusing. Same as when I was looking for the difference between HIPS and Behaviour Blocker. Sounds the same but not exactly.
I think I’ll stick with Sandboxie. For what I want it (web browsing, mainly) it will do fine. Besides I like the program.

Thanks again Kyle.

Regards,
Jose.

Bloody Hell… You’ve got me thinking.
What do you mean?

Regards,
Jose.

Lol it’s just a very big IF. Nothing more than speculation I think :stuck_out_tongue:

I couldn’t find anything that would change them back. But i might be mistaken. They could at least have a form that says something like “Are you sure you want to label these files as trusted?” after you click on it. Imagine if i had done that on my actual system. i would have just dumped a shed load of malware on my system in one click. I was thinking about making the suggestion to them about it, I think I will now. Other that that though Geswall is a great program and i will most likely be using it when it becomes 64bit compatible. Just hope the 64bit version is as secure as the 32bit.

How about a review of Avast! free? I recently installed it on the other machine here and I’m not satisfied with the reviews Matt (Mrizos) did. In one , I’m not sure he applied the right actions or came to the right conclusions and in the one where he used it to clean up an infected machine, he kept clicking in the wrong place to update the defs and wondering why it wouldn’t work. I’d like to see another person’s take on Avast!

I used to use avast for years so I know how to use it. I’ll do a review tonight. I am also finishing up a review of GDATA and Ikarus AV.

New reviews up, Avast, GDATA, and Ikarus. Bottom of the first post first page.