I miss Vettetech

!ot! !ot! !ot! !ot! !ot! !ot!
^^ i finnaly got a chance to use this smiley ^^
you guys are soooooo off topic. we’re discussing vette the supercop, not NIS 2009 :slight_smile:

I’m quite sure that Vettetech doesn’t care that we’re testing NIS and he would like to help us with some more information ?

Anyway back on topic now : Hey there Vett (:WAV), I hope everything is fine there

Xan

Agree.

Comodo are still new (in my eyes). Comodo aren’t a company who started in 1995, This Forum only started in 2006.

It’s only the beginning for Comodo, in a few years to come… I believe Melih will create something the world has never seen before, for free. !ot!

Josh

I just want to say something seriously (for once):

I miss Vettetech

Of the 20 or so various forums that I post in from time to time (some way more than others) nowhere, I repeat, nowhere am I more admonished or censored than I am here…and I genuinely make an effort to pull my punches, watch my language, mind my P’s & Q’s, and just plain be a good boy.

I miss Vettetech

Never thought I’d see it here.

I post in all types of religious and political debate/discussion where I say things (usually sardonically) that might likely get me sued in some places…or worse in others.

But I’m almost never censored.

I miss Vettetech

I can’t help but believe that (some of) the mods here practice selective judgment when it comes to exercising their “authori-tie” when I notice that some threads meander freely from topic to topic while others are strictly supervised, almost as if the moderator is just waiting for someone to slip up or deviate from the topic so that they might flex their muscle.

Apparently “Off Topic: Anything and Everything” really means “Some Topics: We’ll Decide as We Go Just Exactly What We Mean by That”

I miss Vettetech

I never use profanity or offensive language of any kind. I do not call names or insult unless I consider someone close enough to a friend to tease them a bit (and I attempt to make it very obvious that it’s all play). Yet I’ve had entire posts removed or censored for the most innocuous statements.

I miss Vettetech

When I was a kid I had a friend for a minute who was a pretty cool guy, fun to hang with etc. But his mom was really strict, and had 0% tolerance for any kind of horseplay or shenanigans. If we were playing around having any kind of fun she’d yell at us, one time I said “darn” and she sent me home - it was an uncomfortable environment where you could never relax and just enjoy yourself.

Finally I had to quit hanging out with him 'cause his mom was pure anti-fun.
(I found out later that she died from face cancer…you guys don’t want face cancer do you?)

I miss Vettetech

Seriously, this place is reminding me of that dude’s mom.

How dare you!! for that I’m going to delete this thread

OD

Are you kidding or serious (it’s hard to tell since I’m not with you)?

Hi Comofo, what? ??? :-TD
Xman 8)

Off topic posts have been split and moved to the OT Thread. I’ll PM you Chet.

Josh

Oh whatever. Still up to your old tricks. How can it be off topic when this is an off topic thread under General Discussion. This is a thread about me so I should be able to say what I want.

Thanks everybody for missing me   (:TNG)

Vette, you can stick out your tongue, but I am serious. You are some kind of Forum Rebel, and I like Forum Rebels :slight_smile: It doesn’t matter if I agree with them or not :wink:

Greetz, Red.

( Edit reason : Those ■■■■ typo errors :frowning: ( I am getting old :-\ )

Thank you Red. I tell it like it is. People are so dumb. You ever stop and realize that. The other day I was at the gas station. I filled up and then went inside to get a snack and something to drink. There was this women behind me waiting. After I came back out she was still waiting. She rolled down here window and snottly said “It would have been nice for you to move your car since you saw me waiting”. Now keep in mind there are 20 other pumps around. I replied back to her and said " Whats wrong,your car doesn’t have reverse? There are 20 other pumps to choice from. If you simply turn your car around and back up you can use the other pumps. If you do not know how to do that then don’t drive a car". Man people are so dumb. Its like people with there pc’s. Simply read instructions and you can figure things out. People have become so lazy they refuse to take the time to educate themselves anymore.

I follow this simple rule :
Learning by doing

it has never let me down my entire life (well yeah, just 16 years I know ;D)

Xan

So very true Xan. Its like people who’s house you go over to and the clock is blinking on the microwave and they say they don’t know how to set it. Well duh. Open up the instructions and read. You can figure out anything in this world if you take the time to read and understand. But instead most people just throw there arms up in the air and say “I give up”. Hell I was working on a 08 Vette the other day. I have no idea whats going on with it . I haven’t had to work on one yet. So do I give up. No. I simply went on SI( GM’s tech website) and read all about how to diagnose the problem. Comodo comes with a well laid out Help file but to people take the time to read it. No. I did.

My example. I now have been busy the whole day to make my Vlite setup work. And finally it does …

Xan

:BNC and you know why it works. Cause you were patient and read the instructions correct.

Welcome back Vette, she sounds like she was out of gas in more ways than one…
Cheers :■■■■
Xman (:KWL)

Gotta say I agree with ya there Red

OD

why was topics moved from this post i thought this was off topic area makes no since i suppose this will be moved to.

Well, I’ll jump in the ‘danger zone’ :slight_smile:

1. The post were removed because they were in the Grey zone, this means they were in a zone that depends on the users view. I didn’t delete the posts though, but moved them in the Malware Research Group as they’re “safe” there. As of the many responses we’ve got lately, we mods have been discussing how we’re going to work and maintain this forum further so we can have ‘clear rules’ what will happen…
    These were the ‘possible’ rules
[b]Illegal Stuff.[/b] Comodo is focused on building trust on the internet. Users discussing or inciting illegal activity, posting or requesting anything illegal or inappropriate will be warned or banned as appropriate.

Live Malware. Comodo is in the business of helping secure the internet, not distributing malware. Thus, it is not the appropriate place to attach or link live malware (viruses, trojans, rootkits, etc) to posts. In general, a link to the download site for ‘malware’ tests/demos and other ‘proof of concept’ applications are acceptable, provided they are not intended or designed to cause harm to a computer. The ONLY Exception we have is our “Malware Research Group”, Where people are specifically designed to a special board, For them to research, discuss and post malware if they wish in that board, However we don’t let anyone join, You need to be prepared to help otherwise. Contact Melih for more information or if you would like to join.

1. You’re post won’t be moved, why should it be ?

Please remember that we mods try to do our best to protect normal users from doing themselfs harm. The last thing we want is that they’re going to search and install for Antivirus 2008 (and you can be sure some of the did)

Xan

Thanks guys. I would love to come back but I also love my NIS 2009. Well spent money. Its nice to actually be able to install things with being nagged to switch to install mode.