i had to do system restore and now comodo wont install/unistall :(

i had to do system restore in windows and now i can’t restore back
and comodo wont install as i need to remove previous version first

and it won’t uninstall and i get message - the c:\program files\comdo\trustconnect\unis000.dat does not exist. cannot unistall
so how do i remove ?

the tap -win32 adapter v9 network that comodo made is still there and i cannot delete it also
plz tell me how to unistall so that i can install fresh copy
thanks in advance

For problems with Windows installer you can use Windows Installer Clean Up utility. This tool cleans up all Windows installer related traces from your computer. It will allow you to run an (un)installer where it was getting blocked because it couldn’t find a needed file or says the products is already installed.

This tool does not uninstall a program.

Does this help?

thx for reply,
i installed this just now but it doesn’t even shows comodo trust connect :frowning:

Doesn’t Comodo Trust Connect show up in the list? If it is not there then try running the CTC installer and see if it gives the option to uninstall it.

Are you trying to install Comodo Internet Security Suite or just Comodo Trust Connect?

To get rid off CIS run this clean up tool, reboot and run it again. Then you should be able to install CIS again

i had to do system restore in windows and now i can't restore back and comodo wont install as i need to remove previous version first and it won't uninstall and i get message - the c:\program files\comdo\trustconnect\unis000.dat does not exist. cannot unistall so how do i remove ?

no it does not show up on the list and comodo internet security is working fine, its just trust connect,
i can’t install as i need to remove the old version first
and it won’t uninstall as
c:\program files\comdo\trustconnect\unis000.dat does not exist. cannot unistall

any other ideas?

Do you still have the installer of Trust Connect? Try running it and see what happens.

If CTC installs successfully then you should be able to uninstall it. Or may be it gives the opportunity to repair the installation or uninstall it.

you don’t understand i already have tried installing it and i just tried again as you told me to
but installer says the same thing, that i need to uninstall first and it won’t uninstall
is there any way to manually uninstall it? some registry thing? etc
help!

Hi warcraft. Sounds like you possibly restored before trustconnect installation, if this is the case it may have just left the trust connect folder behind. I don’t know why you can’t undo restore which is a pity, failing that i would try renaming the trustconnect folder to trustconnectold reboot and then try to install newer version if this works you could then delete the trustconnectold folder. Another way maybe using this product to try to recover the missing file Download Recuva | Recover deleted files, free!
Not sure if any will work, but just some ideas to try. Good luck.

thx mr.captainsticks because of your renaming folder idea i checked inside comodo and there were 2 folders created, the old one had a .dat file which i copied into the new one and then tried uninstall and it worked.
I removed tap win32 connection via device manager
problem solved :-TU

Glad to hear you found a solution. All the best to you.

I am having the same problem. I have used an uninstaller, etc. and still cannot reinstall a new trustconnect. I can’t find any folders, but when I run the installer says it cannot install because I already have trustconnect on my computer. It gives me the choice to uninstall and I click yes, only for it to tell me it can’t uninstall because of previous version.

Edited to add I run Windows Vista.

There are traces left apparently. If I recall correctly GB uses Windows Installer. Try Windows Installer Clean Up utility to get rid off Windows Installer left overs.

Thank you for the reply, I will download this tool to try and post back with my results! :slight_smile:

I loaded the Installer and am not finding any traces of trust connect. I can’t re-install trust connect until I get all traces of the old one off the computer. I just don’t know where else to look.

Hi Gembug.
Did you try the unofficial Comodo cleanup tool?
It has helped people numerous times in the past, you can find it here.
I personally recommend giving it try.
Kind regards.

Thank you for the link , I am downloading it now. I will post to let you know what happens. Thanks so much!

Thanks Gembug, I hope it works out for you.

Thank you it worked!! Now I am having troubles connecting, something to do with a TAP 32 adapter that I don’t have. I will read up on this and try to get it figured out. I had trust connect working a couple months ago , but after a system restore messed things up. Thanks for your help! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Glad that worked for you, and I hope someone out there can help with your adapter problem.
Kind regards.

Hello Gembug

Go to start > Run > “devmgmt.msc” (Without the “” ) > View > Show Hidden Devices > Expand Network Adapters > Search for Tap-Win32 Adapter In the list (It may be changed since updated versions but should still contain “TAP” If you are unsure please reply saying so) > IF Not found in Network Devices, Please Expand Non Plug-In Play Drivers > Search for it there.

Once Found Right Click > Uninstall

Restart Once Done.

After Succesful Boot Up, Go to %systemroot%\system32\Drivers
and Delete tap0901.sys (As this is the actual driver from CTC)

Please Let Us Know if Problem Persist

Kind Regards