I am thinking in change Panda solutions for Comodo Solutions. Do you recommend?

LOL, I thought LA was an established name after 1200+ posts. :slight_smile:

:male_sign:

Even if it was preinstalled you should be able to uninstall it just the same as if it was installed by yourself. But they don’t need their product’s being installed to send you spam.

Are you sure that the emails don’t have any unsubscribe link? :o Even the smallest honest business or newsletter will include that. Otherwise you can filter them out with your email client.

Hello,

If I simply add an application as “trusted”, it will allow any incoming and outgoing traffic for it (I have made it for Imesh, for example)?

Yes, but: policies are separate for the firewall and for Defense+. A program can be “trusted” or whatever policy you define in Defense+, and still you can make it blocked in the firewall. In network (firewall’s) policy, trusted means allowing everything in and out (without logging), yes.

So, in this case, have I to create the rules both in firewall and in defense+?

Can the creation of the rule only on firewall, or only on defense+ cause some problem?

Thank you again. :slight_smile:

When you need a rule and CFP doesn’t learn it automatically, you’ll be asked with a popup, so don’t worry about creating them until them.

Also consider that in the default train with safe mode, the firewall will grant access to any program within Comodo’s safe database. The same for Defense+ in train with safe mode, but besides D+'s default mode is clean PC, which will allow execution permissions for all programs already in your computer at the time of installing CFP. So a lot of rules are created without your intervention. (Should you not like this you could switch to more restrictive modes.)

Thank you, Japo.

I am beginning to understand the way of work of CPF. :wink:

So, the fact that I have inserted Imesh as a “trusted” application does not interfering with the incoming or outgoing traffic for this application, because CPF has asked me and “learned” previously regarding this (I really forgot this ;D).

Thank you again. :slight_smile:

i’ve uninstalled them, but the email keep coming. (:TNG) naah, i was to lazy to unsubscribe mine, i just delete the email

The same occurs with me, unfortunately. ???

As I said before somewhere here, I’d really recommend using all of Comodo’s sec products with the exception of the AV (for the moment), why not use Avira free until CAVS finally rules?

sorry, my posting was somewhat late as I just recognized…

You already use Avira free now, what do you think about it so far, friend?

Hello!

I am using Avira AntiVir Personal Edition Classic for about 2 or 3 days, and it seems to be very “light” and powerful, at the same time. It don’t consumes higher resources on my machine, has a real time scanner and a very easy-to-use interface. :slight_smile: The unique negative point (but it is not so bad) is the absence of a mail scanner in the free version.

I also would like to mention that yesterday it had detected 2 false-positives in my machine. I have submited both for Avira Technical Support and they have answered quickly to me, confirming the false-positives and saying that in the next 2 or 3 updates this problem will be corrected.

I have already used some security solutions in the past, some of them free and some of them paid, and I think, until the moment, that Avira is the best free anti-virus I have used.

Of course, I am awaiting anxiously for version 3 of CAVS, but for now, I think Avira is a very good solution. Congratulations to them! (:CLP)

P.S.: I would like to use all Comodo’s Security products, too. :slight_smile:

Concerning your experience, I cannot help but ask myself:

Why could or should not Avira and Comodo be the best friends?

Best AV and best FW. Well, come on, why not marry?

(Melih will kill me now, I am sure)

Hello!

I see no problem in use both solutions (Avira AntiVir and CFP). :slight_smile: I am sure that both are very good solutions, based on my own experience.

But, I am very interested in see the new CAVS 3, and if it be so good as I expect (including the merging of CAVS and BOClean), I will prefer to use it instead of Avira (of course, some tests will be made by myself regarding it :slight_smile: ).

I also know that CAVS has a mail scanner, a feature not present in Avira AntiVir Personal Edition Classic (free). Of course, we can consider the purchasing of a licence of Avira AntiVir Personal Edition Premium to this, but why not to use a free solution like CAVS?

I do not, and have never deemed a so called “mail scanner” essential.
Nice addition, maybe, but only necessary if owning one of those worse av’s.

I told the reasons for my attitude towards that topic more than once.
So I will not repeat them here …

Have a fine ■■■■, though

:slight_smile:

Hi Marcos.zy (:WAV)

I think if I were you I would keep Panda Antivirus and get Comodo Firewall v3. Currently I’m running Comodo Firewall v3, Panda Antivirus 2008, Comodo BOClean, Comodo Memory Guardian, and Norton AntiBot.

I really love Panda Antivirus (:LOV) it got me out of a few virus jams more than I can think of. It deleted the other day two virii inside two zip folders instantly. NOD32 waited for the virii to be downloaded for me to be able to do an on-demand scan for detection, and even then NOD32 did not delete them. NOD32 waited until I unzipped those folders before it can delete them.

Malicious cookies are a thing of the past since I’m running Panda. Panda shot all of them dead instantly. Comodo Firewall v3 and Panda Antivirus should be essential layers of a computer security.

Jaki.

Hello Jaki, :slight_smile:

So, I have unninstalled all Panda solutions from my machines, because it was slowing down my system and detecting inumerous false-positives. The technical support was unable to solve the issues.

I have installed Avira AntiVir on all machines, and now all is working fine.

Thank you for your comments. :slight_smile:

and panda’s not free. that’s the main problem ;D

Hi Marcos

Yes indeed Panda Internet security suite 2008 did slow down my own computer as well; however the stand alone antivirus did not. Avira Antivir is a good antivirus, but it does also have false positives in its scans. As a matter of fact that’s actually one of the reasons that such product did not achieve an advanced+ award in the latest (NOV 07) av-comparatives, Avira Antivir only got a standard one.

One of the reasons that I like Panda antivirus is because it has a substantial virii sugnatures, close to two millions as of yesterday. At the same time it provides good heuristic for unknown virii. What probably happened to you is that you have set your unknown heuristic level to high, and consequently had false positives.

In the mean time I’m looking forward to the next version of Comodo Antivirus and Spyware (CAVS v3); then and only then I will replace my Panda Antivirus 2008. Melih hurry up, I cannot wait anymore.

Hello Jaki,

So, I have unninstalled Panda because of inumerous false-positives it was finding.

Now, I am using Avira Antivir Personal Edition Classic, until CAVS 3 be released. I hope this occurs ASAP. (:AGL)