I am lost with CIS and the whole OS thing

Wow, I am impressed with your tenacity, which paid off in the end, and got your problem fixed… :-TU 8)

On a sidenote. Would you say that the helpdesk scripts failed in your case? From what I understand they didn’t or couldn’t properly establish that the problem was not on your end.

On a sidenote. Would you say that the helpdesk scripts failed in your case? From what I understand they didn't or couldn't properly establish that the problem was not on your end.

I think when all the CIS boxes are ticked, computer and physical items checked and there still is a problem, it did not fail.
It was inevitable the physical connection outside of my zone was going to break down sooner or later.
But it took a total suburban power blackout to break the last straw in this case.
As far as the telco technician said when I asked, my physical line connector pin was the only one mostly corroded and damp, not by that actual pipe burst. Probably an electrical jolt from one phone line street connector to another, ( mine ) at the time. These street phone line connectors are wired to the main sub telephone exchange about 1 mile away.
So it was bound to happen due to current corrosion prior to burst water main, the final straw that tipped it all over.
Rain may not have caused it sooner because it rains from above,
but a street pipe burst the water is gushing and spraying upwards with force.
As they say, “it all comes out in the wash” !

In a strange twist, the burst water main worked in our favor, because who knows how long the mystery could have proceeded with “slow internet connection” ?

Everyone I spoke to from the ISP technician to the telco technician when I mentioned, “power blackout due to burst water main since no internet at all”, had a similar reply which was;
“a ha it’s making sense now”.

For the record, cause of the power blackout;
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/burst-water-main-causes-flooding-in-clearview/story-fni6uo1m-1227582365891
Burst water main, gushing water everywhere, a few cars got a free car wash in their own driveway.
Cause of burst water main;
Common fault lately due to age of pipes and geological earth movements, near the top of a hill section.