I am lost with CIS and the whole OS thing

I don’t know anymore, this is my dilemma

Since the Win10 thing was released recently, it seems something “dark” is going on in the whole “internet bubble” of things. This includes iPhones and the entire industry that is “connected” to the internet in one way or the other.

In my opinion, the culprits is the “advertising” corporations and their money. Of course no one will admit it, and the naive will scoff because they are like the sheep who follow the advertiser’s propaganda.

I thought COMODO was not part of this game, and it seems no one is safe.
You, the PC user, will be “hit” one way or the other by advertising. Look at the how many ads are on TV, and the can run for as long as 4-5 minutes with only 4 minutes of viewing the actual program or movie.
The evidence is everywhere, and even as I write, it means little.

The mute button on my TV remote control is the best defense for now, but in time my bet is, the advertising dollar may pay the manufacturers to have remote-control-volume-mute-button removed, to force us to hear their screaming ads!
If the advertising dollar can dictate the likes of Microsoft, Google and Facebook, then there is no limit to this “■■■■”.

So, I am lost,
Where to now COMODO ?

I want to have all my 4 machines networked, using Win 7.1 OS and my Excel 2010, plus some internet activity for my researches that I do, and I want to feel safe again using this product as simple as possible.

However

IMO if you want an Internet that’s largely free you have to accept some advertising. If you want an advert free Internet you can expect to have to pay subscriptions to your favourite websites.

Accept you do have to pay for the internet, and you do pay a subscription for the TV as well, and there’s still advertising on it. Even though it isn’t free. The worse is when companies use your pc & connection as a distribution mirror. It’s illegal to steal your neighbor’s internet but not for companies to steal your bandwidth? Double standard much?

Where is you concern with Comodo? Comodo brings Adsanitizer to its Chromium based browsers. Hopefully the new release of IceDragon will also have Adsanatizer.

Umm that whole thing with privdog. Never trust ssl injection.

My question was aimed at topic starter.

Where is you concern with Comodo? Comodo brings Adsanitizer to its Chromium based browsers. Hopefully the new release of IceDragon will also have Adsanatizer.

My apologies, I completely skipped my actual question.
The question is, when I re-installed CIS, it took forever to download updates.
I am currently running 3 computers with no AV or FW, hoping this is sorted.
CIS is simply not happening as posted on another thread, many are in a similar scenario.

The browser in use is COMODO DRAGON.
Version 43.3.3.185

CIS Version is :
cispremium_installer_6100_08

Current OS on all computers till things are sorted
XP Pro, service pack 3, ( this is temporary till Win 7.1 installs resume as soon as my question here is resolved)

I will not be using Win 10 for now
because
1, too many issues till I read MS has got it’s $#@ sorted,
and
2, I don’t have the money to spend or time to learn new things when what I have works as it is and no new upgrades of PC required. ( it is rather expensive to buy 3 computers just because MS insists to use it’s latest OS.

Thanks

Np, we all get at times side tracked sometimes…

The question is, when I re-installed CIS, it took forever to download updates. I am currently running 3 computers with no AV or FW, hoping this is sorted. CIS is simply not happening as posted on another thread, many are in a similar scenario.

The browser in use is COMODO DRAGON.
Version 43.3.3.185

CIS Version is :

Current OS on all computers till things are sorted
XP Pro, service pack 3, ( this is temporary till Win 7.1 installs resume as soon as my question here is resolved)

How long did the download take? Do you recall what download speed it had? Can you look up the version number of CIS in the Details tab of the Properties of the installer?

Is there anybody also from Australia having problems with the download speed of the AV definitions?

I will not be using Win 10 for now because 1, too many issues till I read MS has got it's *$#[at]* sorted, and 2, I don't have the money to spend or time to learn new things when what I have works as it is and no new upgrades of PC required. ( it is rather expensive to buy 3 computers just because MS insists to use it's latest OS.

Thanks

Windows 10 runs lighter than Windows 7. Installing it does not require new hardware.

The properties shows

I am prepared to deal with Win 7.1, mainly because the web browser soon has to be later than IE 8, this depends on the web address my VBA Excel does web queries.
Soon, they ( the owners of the commercial web page/address will not be allowing anything less than IE9 for “security reasons”. That means if I want to log into my account on that particular web page, if I have IE 8, it will not be allowed, it has already been posted on their web page.
Once that happens, then Excel VBA will not be able to do web data queries if using XP and IE 8.
It has nothing to do with my codes or whatever I do. It is their doing, not mine.
( BTW, I have no real need to upgrade anything, all my projects work fine as they are using XP and IE 8. ).
I simply do not need to upgrade anything, except perhaps a HD once it fails due to wear.
Everything is backed up in case that happens, so I have no problem on my side of the street.

As for Win 10,
it is not about the OS, it is about MS and some of their policies I don’t like, forced updates, and too many other things to list. I simply don’t want it forced.
No human likes to be dictated to, it’s a universal natural law of nature.
All it means is more downtime to change, and for what ?

I did a Google search for cispremium_installer_6100_08. It gave me a download of the most recent version CIS v 8.2.0.4703. See attached image.

It is not clear to me why the download in your case was so slow whether it was incidental or structural. In case of the latter I can contact one of the admins. That process may involve a little homework from your end.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Something is not right, I cannot get the same properties window, and I have less details.
Yet the version numbers are the same.

Had to zip the file, it would not upload

I attempted to start fresh, directly from official COMODO download page

The uploaded images speak for themselves, take note of the computer times and the time to complete download.

This is on a ADSL 2 modem home line connection, ( copper wire, still )

OS is XP Pro

It will not install, I for got to point out in previous post.

IF, I have to upgrade to a minimum OS of Win 7.1 Pro, then so be it cos I am in preparations to commence soon.
4 machines will be upgraded.
Not upgrading past 7.1

So if the problem is due to no support for the current XP os, then perhaps a earlier version of CIS ?

Thanks

What exactly is the problem? Does CIS not install? Does the installation stop at a certain point with an error message?

What CPU’s are your computers using? Can you see if they support SSE2? You can use Speccy to see. The latest version of CIS require CPU’s with SSE 2 support.

I uploaded more screen shots during download and install about an hour ago.
Will try to upload them again.

The screen shots in the previous post/zipped folder shows what happens,

What CPU's are your computers using? Can you see if they support SSE2? You can use Speccy to see. The latest version of CIS require CPU's with SSE 2 support.

OK, I will do this next while you examine the screen-prints

Thanks

Speccy

Summary Operating System Windows XP Home Edition 32-bit SP3 CPU Intel Pentium D 820 SmithField 90nm Technology RAM 2.00GB Motherboard Acer E661FXM (Socket 775) 60 °C Graphics IBM L190 (1024x768@75Hz) 64MB SiS Mirage Graphics (Acer Incorporated [ALI]) Storage 149GB Western Digital WDC WD1600JS-00NCB1 (SATA) 37 °C Optical Drives HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-H21N Audio Realtek AC'97 Audio Operating System Windows XP Home Edition 32-bit SP3 Computer type: Desktop Installation Date: 30/03/2007 4:57:35 PM Serial Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ! Windows Security Center Firewall Enabled Antivirus Disabled Windows Update AutoUpdate Disabled .NET Frameworks installed v3.5 SP1 v3.0 SP2 v2.0 SP2 v1.1 SP1 Internet Explorer Version 8.0.6001.18702 Java Java Runtime Environment Path C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\java.exe Version 5.0 Update 6 Build 05 Java Runtime Environment Path C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\java.exe Version 6.0 Update 3 Build 05 Environment Variables USERPROFILE C:\xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ! SystemRoot C:\WINDOWS User Variables TEMP C:\Documents and Settings\Stephanie.ACER-3F31164F8B.000\Local Settings\Temp TMP C:\xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ! Settings\Temp Machine Variables ComSpec C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe FP_NO_HOST_CHECK NO NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS 2 OS Windows_NT Path C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\ C:\WINDOWS\system32 C:\WINDOWS C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem PATHEXT .COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.PY PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE x86 PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 7, GenuineIntel PROCESSOR_LEVEL 15 PROCESSOR_REVISION 0407 TEMP C:\WINDOWS\TEMP TMP C:\WINDOWS\TEMP windir C:\WINDOWS Power Profile Active power scheme Home/Office Desk Hibernation Enabled Turn Off Monitor after: (On AC Power) Never Turn Off Hard Disk after: (On AC Power) Never Suspend after: (On AC Power) Never Screen saver Enabled Uptime Current Session Current Time 5/10/2015 1:41:53 PM Current Uptime 11,737 sec (0 d, 03 h, 15 m, 37 s) Last Boot Time 5/10/2015 10:26:16 AM Services Running Application Layer Gateway Service Running Background Intelligent Transfer Service Running COM+ Event System Running Cryptographic Services Running CyberLink Background Capture Service (CBCS) Running CyberLink Media Library Service Running CyberLink Task Scheduler (CTS) Running DCOM Server Process Launcher Running DHCP Client Running Distributed Link Tracking Client Running DNS Client Running Error Reporting Service Running Event Log Running Fast User Switching Compatibility Running HID Input Service Running IPSEC Services Running Machine Debug Manager Running Memory Check Service Running Network Connections Running Network Location Awareness (NLA) Running Plug and Play Running Protected Storage Running Remote Access Connection Manager Running Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Running Secondary Logon Running Security Accounts Manager Running Security Center Running Server Running Shell Hardware Detection Running SSDP Discovery Service Running System Event Notification Running System Restore Service Running Task Scheduler Running TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper Running Telephony Running Terminal Services Running Themes Running WebClient Running Windows Audio Running Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Running Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) Running Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) Running Windows Management Instrumentation Running Windows Time Running Workstation Stopped .NET Runtime Optimization Service v2.0.50727_X86 Stopped Alerter Stopped Application Management Stopped ASP.NET State Service Stopped Automatic Updates Stopped ClipBook Stopped COM+ System Application Stopped COMODO Dragon Update Service Stopped Computer Browser Stopped Distributed Transaction Coordinator Stopped Extensible Authentication Protocol Service Stopped Fax Stopped Health Key and Certificate Management Service Stopped Help and Support Stopped HTTP SSL Stopped IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service Stopped Indexing Service Stopped InstallDriver Table Manager Stopped Logical Disk Manager Stopped Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service Stopped Messenger Stopped MS Software Shadow Copy Provider Stopped Net Logon Stopped Net.Tcp Port Sharing Service Stopped NetMeeting Remote Desktop Sharing Stopped Network Access Protection Agent Stopped Network DDE Stopped Network DDE DSDM Stopped Network Provisioning Service Stopped NT LM Security Support Provider Stopped Office Source Engine Stopped Office Software Protection Platform Stopped Performance Logs and Alerts Stopped Portable Media Serial Number Service Stopped Print Spooler Stopped QoS RSVP Stopped Remote Access Auto Connection Manager Stopped Remote Desktop Help Session Manager Stopped Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator Stopped Removable Storage Stopped Routing and Remote Access Stopped ServiceLayer Stopped Smart Card Stopped Uninterruptible Power Supply Stopped Universal Plug and Play Device Host Stopped Volume Shadow Copy Stopped Windows CardSpace Stopped Windows Installer Stopped Windows Presentation Foundation Font Cache 3.0.0.0 Stopped Wired AutoConfig Stopped Wireless Zero Configuration Stopped WMI Performance Adapter TimeZone TimeZone GMT +9:30 Hours Language English (Australia) Location Australia Format English (Australia) Currency $ Date Format d/MM/yyyy Time Format h:mm:ss tt Scheduler No tasks currently running

I uploaded some zip files of screen shots, and they no longer there.

Update

I tried to install both today’s download of CIS and previous

Both have error message during install

Non7z Archive.

When I searched this error, it is a common error not only associated to COMODO,
it is everywhere, the search results even showed up on a DEBIAN forum.
Common reply was “incomplete download”
??