i am getting Attack

my comodo firewall keeps blocking these connetions its

the application is windows operating system
action is blocked UDP source IP is all different
Source Port all diffrent Destination IP is 192.16*.*.**
Destination port is all the same

its been blocking this for a while now, ver 250 and counting , what should i do?

sorry i am new and i am also scared, sorry if i posted in the wrong section

Welcome. :slight_smile:

Do you have a router and what is your stealth ports wizard set to?

Firewall > Stealth Port Wizard

Define a new Trusted Network, Stealth my ports to EVERYONE else
and the zone name is local area network #1

Are you behind a fire-walled router?

well i am not really sure, because i got a bell router for internet i think, and i am using a Ethernet cable, this never happened before, should i just retart my pc?

Restarting won’t do anything. This blocking of Windows Operating System is a common issue, as you can tell from here.

From the IP’s that you have provided, it looks like common internet “chatter”. Things like port scans and such from the internet that are trying to connect to your PC. That’s why they are coming from all different IPs. The reason I asked if you had a firewalled router, is because they usually filter this garbage traffic first.

CFP is doing its job in blocking these, because they are not form your network. If the logs bother you, got to Firewall > Network Security Policy > Global Rules and edit the block rule so that it doesn’t log. CPF will still block all that traffic, but won’t log it. :slight_smile:

P.S. the reason they are called “Windows Operating System” is because the traffic is not targeting a specific program.

alright thanks,

Source Port all diffrent Destination IP is 192.16*.*.**

I’m sure your referring to Destination 192.168.1.68 RIGHT??? I pretty sure your fine.
I also wouldn’t worry about 239.255.255.255 either

If I’m wrong people, Feel free to note it here

It depends on their IP address. The last two digits in the IP can be anywhere from 0-256 depending on the assigned node.

Thanks .FaZio93. (:CLP)

I was basing it on my number(Mine is memorized), I forgot about 0-255 on the last part

Oops…yea I meant 255…it was a long day… (:TNG)

Ok…I’m a bit lacking in the network/firewall section in the brain department, so I have a question (or make that plural):

1. Does each person have their own, special IP address?
  2. If so, can malicious servers and port scanners try and access those IP addresses? In other words, can someone on a regular home network have the ability to “attack” my computer?
  3. Who gives you your IP address, if you have your own?
  4. How can you make sure no one else has your IP address?

Thanks

~Jeremy

On the internet each connection will have its own IP address. When you share a connection the computers will have an IP address that is only used for local networks. This is because with Ipv4 there are not enough IP addresses for all computers.

So when on a local network your computer will have an IP address in a range that is reserved for local networks (and therefore not used on the web). Most common is the 192.168 range.

When using a router all unsollicited access requests will be dropped (not an answer to a request from a computer in the local network). A router works like a firewall in the sense it keeps the bad guys out. In order to hack a computer behind a router you would need to hack the router first and then the individual computers. An open port, or course. gives immediate access to a computer on a local network and the hacking could start.

The IP address of your connection is handed out by your ISP. The IP address on a local network is usually handed out by the router; or when chosen set by hand.

As to question four. The IP address handed out for your connection is all handled from above. IANA and your ISP. On your local network you could make a mistake and give two or more computers a the same IP address when handing out by hand.

Thank you!

I’m not quite sure if you said this already and I didn’t understand, but: do I have an IP address anyone connected to the internet could access? And be able to “get” into my computer if there weren’t any firewalls in there path?

do I have an IP address anyone connected to the internet could access
And be able to "get" into my computer if there weren't any firewalls in there path?

The subject of IPADDRESS is big, I’ll keep it simple as I can, so lets start with this
A local IP is the IP that is desiggnated to each computer on the network while the Global IP is the IP which is sent out to the internet

An example, a partial answer
Lets say you’re trying to play an online game and you and (John Doe) have the same IP Adress, the Game server would see you both as the same person because you both have same IP Address

Hope this helps

Ok. But what I’m wondering is, can a hacker focus his/her attack on a specific Global IP? Because someone else might have the same Global IP…

As far as I can see, it wouldn’t be easy. Maybe someone like Melih :slight_smile: can do it or the person that wrote >:( conficker go do it.

Then how can people get these “port scans” & attacks like the OP talked about and whatnot? Where are these coming from?

Then how can people get these "port scans" & attacks like the OP talked about and whatnot?
Are you referring to tools that can do that?
Where are these coming from?
Are you asking about where people are getting these tools from?

If you go to www.grc.com and take the Shields Up test it will tell how secure your firewall is. Ideally you should be in stealth mode, see grc, and this means you are not seen by people on the internet scanning for pc to hack. They send a probe to pcs and in stealth mde the firewall will not reply at all, it will ignore the probe and so this means you are invisible to the hacker. To my knowledge no 2 people can have the same ip at the same time. Dynamic ips anre non permanent and can be handed to different people at different times, a static ip is always the same. I stand to be corrected on this but I am fairly sure