How many users have not had trouble with CTM?

Ok, so I have had only one issue with CTM and it did corrupt the system drive on my home PC, however, I was ‘testing’ the product and making many changes to the config, you know, “just to see what it would do.” I wasn’t surprised. At the same time, I used it on some of the test laptops at work and none of them had any issue. I think the main point is to make sure you have plenty of room on the drive and keep good backups. The latter is a best practice for ANY computer. I have to say I see WAY WAY too many people say they installed a program like this and ‘lost everything.’ Everything, but your backup’ed data, right???

I think CTM is the future of restore point system recovery, so I would be very disappointed to hear that development had ceased and/or the application was discontinued. I am VERY interested in incorporating it into Comodo Endpoint Security Manager. I know this idea is mentioned in the CESM documentation and literature.

From what I read on the forums, the CTM is not compatible with Comodo Disk Encryption either, which is fine… no worries about that. Time Machine would have much more value than Disk Encryption anyway… as far as I am concerned. I would only add disk encryption on laptops that are off-network anyway. A strong password and a retention policy (no corporate data on the laptop) would be a better use as well as hardware encrypted flash or hdd drives (ie. Apricorn Padlock) for data.

So, to sum it up. There is a significant niche in the market for CTM and I would like to see it developed further and definitely integrated in to CESM.

Mug

+1

I don’t think what will be happening anytime soon;

Jake

Kill development is kill the application.
Let the development hibernate is making it an abandonware…

Lets hope you are wrong. I find CTM very good and an product that can safe a pc if it woks as it should. The only little issue that I have seen is that the CTM Consol is not opening correctly; while it’s loading reindex or something like that it and 73% windows asks me to start windows normally or to start the reparation guide (or whatever it’s called)

Comodo and Melih… keep CTM alive.

Regards,
Valentin N

CTM is not a toy.
It interacts very deeply in the operational system.
So, it’s not a matter of GUI or easy things.
It requires a lot of development and what we’re seeing it is going abandonware.
Version 2.9 Beta is out for months.
The developers disappeared from forums.
Is it the Comodo way of development? :cry:

As Tech points out, all signs at this time do point to abandonware.

With the demand for such a program I would throw some money into it and then charge a small fee for the software to recover the costs of getting it right. Sell it for $30 and you would be half the price of Rollback (when it’s not on sale for half off).

I gave up on CMT and bought RBRx half off and have had no real problems (it’s not perfect either–but nothing major thus far like with CMT). I’d go back if CMT got it right and got it stable.

You only have to browse old forum history to find the answer is yes, many products just seem to be abandoned. Then discontinued. :-\

That worries me… I mean, like user and for the company image. Really. Serious.

+1

It had saved me from disasters for more than 4 times

And if you browse any software companies archives, you’ll find abandoned, redundant, discontinued or retired applications.

It happens. It’s the nature of the industry to continually progress. The price of progress is that not everything can move forward with you. Sad, but true.

!ot!
Lets have a look

Comodo Cloud Scanner - CCS, - Intergrated into CIS / CAV / CFW ( Still Avail )
Comodo Anti-Viruspyware (CAVS) - Upgraded!/Updated!
Comodo BOClean Anti-Malware, - Intergrated into CIS / CAV / CFW
Comodo Diskshield, - Upgraded (aka CTM)
Comodo Firewall, - Upgraded - CFW/CIS
i-Vault, - Discontinued ; Dev’s no longer wanted to work on; Will return in a different form later
Launch Pad (Discontinued), - Community said No! to this , so Comodo Discontinued it ( I believe)
Comodo Meet (Web Conferencing Product) (Discontinued), - May Come back soon :slight_smile: here
Comodo Memory Firewall(Buffer Overflow Protection), - Intergrated CIS / CAV / CFW
Safesurf, - I believe still available or is it another product i’m thinking of
Trusttoolbar (Discontinued) - Bundled with Ask.Com, Didn’t like very much ; discontinued
Trustfax (online faxing), - I believe this was sold to another company ( Data on Call, Inc. )

Trustix Enterprise Firewall, - Outdated/Dis Continued In the wishlist / what would you like Comodo develop next thread

User Anywhere - Is Being Upgraded As We Speak here Also / Intergrated into eVPN
UserTrust - still available
Comodo Vulnerability Analyzer - CVA, - CPM :stuck_out_tongue:
ZTL - In the wishlist / what would you like Comodo develop next thread

So… How many discontinued products?

Not very much;

Most of the products are either intergrated or upgraded… others will be coming back in different forms…

Will edit for clarity later.

Jake

Jacob, will all respect, all the other products were integrated. CTM is a different, standalone, technology, not related to antimalware/firewall/HIPS directly.
We’re all frustrated with this Comodo policy. They bought the code, they released it for free, they messed it (instable all the times, users lost everything), they give up…
I wouldn’t expect it from a development team.

I have CTM version 2.6 on two machines XP 64 Bit and Windows 7 64 Bit NO PROBLEMS AT ALL ON EITHER MACHINE. I’ve been told the reason they stoped any defragging with 2.8 is the defrag program would put the fragmented files in the space for the snapshots and it quickly filled the space. I think I found a fix for this after doing a defrag I delete all unlocked timestamps and the space doesn’t seem to fill up. Now this only works if you have CTM version 2.6 on your machine and not 2.8.

Sorry comodo but CTM-never again.
It ■■■■■■■ my computer up.

I forgot my wife has version 2.6 on her Vista 64 bit laptop no problems. Oh my other two machines I have CTM version 2.6 on the XP 64 bit and the windows 7 premium 64 bit are desktop machines. And no problems on any of them. And CTM has saved me so many times I’ve lost count how many times it pulled my fat out of the fire. I think version 2.6 is great. I don’t like 2.8.

horrible troubles. continually running out of space. This forum has helped me be cautious of uninstalling it. I will disable and make sure my backup clone, and acer recovery hidden partition is back first.
I’m running Vista on 32 bit machine. with a TB over 2 Ext HDs in addition to the 250 gb Acer laptop.
I am most worried about CTm’s unpredictable effect on those external HDs. The program goes in and wipes the windows values on the backup, and files I don’t have in synchronization. If I leave the HDDs unhooked up when rebooting-- that seems to work.
I’ve had to make sure of mywriting by copying onto CD’s I"m a one woman shop. this has been a terror.
I so wish I had just cloned with Western Digital or gone to get Esaeus.

Below is a comment I put on a software site-- where many people were cursing this program. It has spilled over in my feeling about Comodo in general. I hate incompetence. So that even in firewall protection, I am going to Kaspersky. And have been using Panda, threat fire and a good vpn until I can get squared away.

The program misreads memory. and will flash that ■■■■■■ screen about low space every second… and will override you to go to restart. Then it will fail to snap a shot or to defrag because it has no space. And there are 100gb available locally? That the heck would it have cost to make a provision to re-allocate additional space, if it is available? I was a bored PL/1 programmer back in the day. This allocation issue would have occurred to me, believe me. Disgust

---------------------------------- what I posted elsewhere

See the CTM forum. Beware uninstalling it. Just disable it. and get your full clone (esaeus. ultimate boot cd-- free)

It has a very bad habit of misreading hte amt of space. Forum says old version used to allow 30-60 and more snapshots. I can tell you-- after a few, it tells you there is no more room. no way to re-allocate more space to the snapshot.
begins to corrupt windows, as other people have commented.
I had 50 gb each avail on C and D.

Worse-- IT DOES NOT protect your external drives! and it will go in there and corrupt the data. the manual is skimpy. there is no in depth coverage of what is best to do. If i leave my backup Tb drive out of the loop-- sleep the machine and then do a restart: I’m stuck with CTm having wiped my backup C files (even tho the top level folder was renamed!

Stay away from this program. It is incompetent.
Even on the CTM forum-- the Comodo techs stay away. Speculation that it is abandoned software in the company.

Backup really important files onto a CD before you work to get rid of this program.

I’m doing this now. grief. wish me luck. and good luck to you

You can’t pause the driver. You can pause the snapshot making… but it is not enough. Uninstallation is the only way.

Holotribe, Which version of CTM you’d used ? Version 2.8 ?