Help with CDE on external hdd

Hi guys,

I read loads of threads here, yet I cant find any useful reply. I just dont understand what happened/what to do to fix my problem as follows:

• I installed CDE few days ago on my W7 x86 Ultimate system
  • encrypted my external sata hdd as one partition, using password protection (not boot up password )
  • today I reboot my laptop and since then I cant load my encrypted ext.hdd, getting error messages:
    • “CDE has detected that your disc configuration has changed. please restart windows.”
      • after reboot the same messages apper again and again…
    • “Cannot add encrypted partiton.”
      • I tried all possible versions of has + encryption algorythms, all times with the same password, getting
        the same “answer” all the time

Im not familiar with this kind of software and issues as it was my first-time. Can anybody help me to sort it out, PLEASE?

P.S. found a thread about restoring W7 MBR… I dont have any W7 bootable media. Will the restore be the way how to get out of this mess…??

Thank you in advance.
koblih22

Hope Im not OT with this, but I found EXACT description of my problem, even the hdd brand is the same…

Though I tried to fix it concerning the hint in this ( https://forums.comodo.com/help-cde/western-digital-hard-drive-not-working-please-help-t49065.0.html) thread, it doesnt help. Or, I am doing something wrong…

Im lost. Whenever I typed the password by bootup it doesnt change anything and CDE still shows message : “CDE has detected that your disk configuration has changed. Please restart windows.”

Is there ANY help…?

I too am having this issue. I just want to decrypt my hard drive and get all of my information off of it. This is causing me a MAJOR headache… :frowning: