Google Chrome V28.0.1500 takes about 30 min to start in the FV Sandbox[M575][V6]

The problem is with cis not dragon so updating dragon wont fix the problem

I will have to disagree on that one, not that dragon isn’t the problem but that updating it wouldn’t solve anything, because earlier versions (before Blink) worked just fine (with the exception of a very noticeable input lag) and obviously something must have changed and that change could be removed in later versions of Chromium and then if CD would use that or later versions then updating would fix the issue.

But I agree that the fault lies within CIS and something must be changed to allow chromium based (excluding opera) browsers to work fine in the sandbox again. But I guess I don’t really care all that too much since I gave up on the sandbox of CIS and changed to Shadow Defender and now use the HIPS in CIS. (gasp HIPS and virtualization? Yes, and it’s working very good.)

Thanks, I understand that now, though I didn’t until this morning. :slight_smile:

In any case the Dragon update was automatic as I mentioned, I could have stopped it of course but I saw no reason to do so. My post was simply to let you guys know what I’d done.

Everything works fine in Windows 7 so it seems to be only a Windows 8 issue. I also can not open Dragon in the Kiosk on Win 8 32 bit but it has no problem in Win 7 64.

Those who have this issue and have not yet posted your OS, please do. So far everyone who has posted about having this issue in this thread, and posted their OS, has been using Windows 8. Meanwhile in another thread there were two examples of how Windows 7 worked fine, so perhaps it might only occur on Windows 8 systems?

The problem now runs deeper for me. I am unable to run ANYTHING in the sandbox with Win 8. Right clicking and choosing Run in Comodo Sandbox fails to open any program I have installed. The advanced settings show 3 files being sandboxed cmdvirth.exe and 2 instances of svchost. When I choose to show all running processes, every single thing shows as disabled.

I’m not seeing that problem. I’m running Windows 8 Pro (with all latest updates) and CIS 6.2.285401.2860 and programs start and run perfectly fine in the Sandbox (using righ-clik and Run in Sandbox). I’ve tried both 32-bit and 64-bit programs and they’re both fine.

I still get the Dragon problem though. :wink:

What happens is that the programs will only run in the sandbox if you right click on the actual .exe for them. Right clicking on a shortcut like on the desktop does not work although it does in Win 7.

Dragon also will not run sandboxed from the widget but IE10 does. IE10 is the only program that will run in the sandbox.

I still don’t see that problem either. I just created a desktop shortcut for a 64-bit program (shredder.exe) and a 32-bit program (audacity.exe). Right-clicking on the desktop shortcuts and selecting Run in Comodo Sandbox works perfectly for both. They also operate correctly within the sandbox.

I run Stardock’s Start8 application to restore the start button and start menu to Windows 8 and right-clicking on programs in the Start8 start menu and selecting Run in Comodo Sandbox also gets them running successfully in the Sandbox.

It’s not possible to select Run in Comodo Sandbox from the Windows 8 Start Screen of course because that option doesn’t exist there. Is this what you mean?

No, I meant any shortcut, either on the desktop or in the start menu of Classic Shell. I fixed the problem after determining that it was due to a registry hack I did to remove the shortcut arrows. I restored the deleted keys and then used a portable utility to hide the arrows and now everything works fine, except Dragon which still will not open in the sandbox. The strange thing is that the same registry hack has worked with every version of Windows since 98 without issues. I have it applied on my Win 7 machine and there are no problems with sandboxing anything, including Dragon.

Does anyone know whether this issue (the slow start of Chromium-based browsers in the Sandbox) will be fixed in the next release of Dragon and/or CIS? It’s a bit of a “shoot yourself in the foot” issue when two Comodo products don’t play together nicely.

:slight_smile:

+1 but it appears to be a problem with Chrome as well but only on Win8 systems.

Still no answers? That is not not a good behaviour. >:(

I’ve been told this should be fixed in next version, no idea on the delivery date of that though…

Thank you for this Ronny, at least we know it’s not been forgotten. :slight_smile:

Just to confirm, this bug is fixed in CIS 6.3.294583.2937.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

I can sadly not confirm this, Comodo Dragon V28.1 still doesn’t open in CIS 6.3.294583.2937 (been waiting 10 minutes)

Dragon now opens in the Kiosk on my Win 8 machine with CIS 6.3.

So I am the only one it doesn’t work for now? ■■■■ it :cry: at 53 minute mark at the moment… still hasn’t opened.