A. THE BUG/ISSUE (Varies from issue to issue)
[ol]- Summary - Give a clear summary in the topic subject, NOT here.
- Can U reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?: On my system yes and very reliably.
- If U can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what U did & what happened: Start Google Chrome in the Fully Virtualized sandbox in any way you want.
- If not obvious, what U expected to happen: I expected to be presented with the GUI for Google Chrome, however when trying to run Google Chrome in the Fully Virtualized sandbox the GUI never shows up.
- If a software compatibility problem have U tried the conflict FAQ?: I don’t think it’s an incompatibility.
- Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version: Google Chrome Version 28.0.1500.72 m
Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how U tried to fix it etc: My guess is that when Google Chrome went over to the blink engine they did something which broke the possibility of running it inside the sandbox.
I’ve tried re-installing Google Chrome, I’ve tried re-installing CIS, I’ve tried using the default configuration, I’ve even tried several complete re-installations of Windows, nothing has worked.
Always attach - Diagnostics file, Watch Activity process list, dump if freeze/crash. (If complex - CIS logs & config, screenshots, video, zipped program - not m’ware)
B. YOUR SETUP (Likely the same for each issue, so you can copy forward)
[ol]- Exact CIS version & configuration: CIS Version 6.2.285401.2860, configuration will be attached.
- Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV: HIPS - Safe, BB - Fully Virtualized, Firewall - Safe, AV - Stateful.
- Have U made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.): Yes, configuration file is attached.
Have U updated (without uninstall) from a CIS 5?: No.
[li]if so, have U tried a a clean reinstall - if not please do?: N/A
[/li]- Have U imported a config from a previous version of CIS: Yes, however I have also tried the default configuration.
[li]if so, have U tried a standard config - if not please do: Yes.
[/li]- OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, V.Machine used: Windows 8 64 bit, UAC is disabled completely in the registry, Administrator account, no virtual-machine.
Other security/s’box software a) currently installed b) installed since OS: a=
Zemana AntiLogger Free. b= N/A
[attachment deleted by admin]