Goodbye

I was a Linux fanboy once. I can certainly see the irony in that post…

If more Comodo users know about the poll due to Melih posting a link to it, then obviously more CIS votes will be cast in comparison to other AVs.
I don't see it as bias if other AV companys are doing the same, it levels the playing field(it's not exactly right, but that's just how it works. The AV market is extremely competitive. I think it comes down to brand loyality and how many people like and willing to support it (like taking the time to vote for your software or by other means.

My example
If you posted a poll and see “proccess hacker” in it for a possible vote to compair against others. Due to the fact I love “proccess hacker”, I’m will be more then happy to take the time and vote for it. I guess it’s my way showing I care, so I respond <–something like that

Yes, I recognized this POV in a previous post, but it isn’t the main issue. What I saw was forum rules getting bent in order to dissuade brucine from making comments criticizing the process. And it’s still bias even if other companies are doing it. Bias + bias = bias, wrong + wrong = wrong.

If you posted a poll and see "proccess hacker" in it for a possible vote to compair against others. Due to the fact I love "proccess hacker", I'm will be more then happy to take the time and vote for it. I guess it's my way showing I care, so I respond <--something like that

But I wouldn’t tell all my users about the poll. It’s the knowledge of the poll’s existence that counts. It makes the poll participants more self-selecting than they already are.

“Taken out of context” & “thin skinned” immediately come to mind after reading over this thread. Oh, i almost forgot “blown out of proportion”. :-X

I wouldn't tell all my users about the poll. It's the knowledge of the poll's existence that counts
I do agree with you, but I also think everyone should be given an opportunity of some sort. <--I guess it's not possible to have both ways is it ???
it's still bias even if other companies are doing it. Bias + bias = bias, wrong + wrong = wrong.
True(No argument there), But what I can't understand is why they'll place a poll in the first place knowing that it's going to happen regardless. Or operate a poll using a more appropriate methodology l
I was a Linux fanboy once
which linux did you like, mine was ubuntu :)
"Taken out of context" & "thin skinned" immediately come to mind after reading over this thread. Oh, i almost forgot "blown out of proportion"
propably

Very useful comment, Watasha. Care to elaborate?

Due to the risk of falling short of making my point by trying to refrain from evoking a TL;DR reaction, I’ll say this:

Firstly, I’ve never been a fan of “goodbye” threads. I’ve already put forth my brief feeling about Brucine’s leaving so I won’t delve into that.

Part of my annoyance was due to oversensitivity, another part nitpicking, and yet another part just plain being long winded. I started to write you a detailed response but as I typed i realized I was only adding to the problem. Suffice to say people need to lighten up a bit here. Either mistakes were made regarding moving/deleting posts or they weren’t, it has nothing to do with culture, nationality or any of the other 5,000 things we have piled on to this. Sorry, I guess I just don’t get offended or upset easily enough. :-\

I don’t understand what your point is. Are you saying we shouldn’t care or complain about how brucine was treated, because the situation is somewhat complex? I have a feeling this isn’t the first time this kind of thing has happened. You say we’re being long-winded - fine, all I want is some kind of apology. I think Melih should not assume too quickly that people are in some kind of anti-Comodo “gang”.

I think Melih should not assume too quickly that people are in some kind of anti-Comodo "gang".

I really agree with this. If I have some questions or some notes it does not mean that I am in so called “anti-Comodo gang”. People should ask questions to understand concrete subjects. That is a normal think to do.
And different kind of people will never have identical opinion on certain cases.

Take care everybody …

+100

I’m saying stick to the point. If the problem is Brucine’s posts were moved then THAT’s the problem. If the problem is posts were moved without just cause then THAT’s the problem. I f y’all have a problem with Melih or a particular mod…see my point? The thread (like many others) mushroomed out into a billion other directions and the “point” was convoluted to the point where nobody even knows what the “problem” is anymore. I don’t necessarily disagree with you, maybe I totally agree with you but the point is lost within a bunch of posts going off into tangents. That’s why i think it’s long winded & blown out of proportion. :wink:

We do know what the problems are, and they’re not as simple as you would like them to be. This is a discussion after all, and asking for less complexity in a discussion is pointless.

I haven’t got a dog in the fight here. I’m just giving my opinion, which I am fully aware will most likely be ignored. That’s cool with me, but the idea that striving for less complexity in a discussion is pointless is exactly why most discussions never end in a resolution. The over complication of something simple is what’s pointless.

What are the problems?

I’ve already stated one above.

I think Melih should not assume too quickly that people are in some kind of anti-Comodo "gang".

No question about it that was stressed in my 1st reply here

At least we (you and me) can have similar point of views … sometimes & that’s 'all that matters. :wink:

==============

Other than that - it’s a simple - Witch Hunt. Pure case of:
“Totalitarian regime does not like critics” …
“Watch out! Dissident are around!”…
"Keep the nation uneducated!
That’s easy to manage clapping clowns; “Grey mass is good. They will obey & follow”;
“We need more sheep” - they have no sense of fear, which is a scientific fact, therefore their meat is the most healthy one compare to other animals (digressing?.. not really)

I beg your pardon ???!!! All this forum is international
What context?
Do not exaggerate.

Actually how about “banana republic” as internationally accepted term.
And that was a correct meaning of what brucine posted.

Is that “prohibited” as well?
That’s more than funny if not stupid.
…hmmm … 88) Am I on a blade edge… Who cares? Not me.
“You cannot be serious!”
can we use the said phrase considering the history behind it? No? Why?!

[at] Watasha

Indeed, as it was said above - your comments do not make any sense
Please decide and make it clear where you are standing … or sitting

play nice siberlynx <—A few words removed by jay2007tech
… but eventually one should make a choice which side of the fence to jump.
Tough decision indeed, but the has to be done.

Further…
The famous

… violation of the mentioned section 8 subsection 2…
and alike sections & subsections

Have anyone ever thought about repetitive use and subsequent misuse of that by zealot mod(s)?

Have anybody considered that any law clause used so many times is not an abuse of the law per se, but rather a failure of a law itself as it stands?

How many precedents do we have? Do we know that eventually it must be be changed?

Otherwise it’s extremely easy to pervert anything and abuse the power given to the moderators.

Unfortunately some of them turned to “blindfolded-brainwashed-converts-clerics”
Those who refused to do that - left already, which was a great loss to this forum

Brucine and many other current & retired users were (are) victims … many more to come (hope not) if such ■■■■ load will not be changed drastically

As it was pointed above here and in another threads the CEO must stay away of encouraging ugly brawls
That was not a case at all when I joined this forum
But slowly, slowly … and recently often even Melih shows absolute intolerance to any criticism

He is using different but annoyingly repetitive methods

• you do not have enough “technical knowledge” and alike despite several times he was dead wrong (read the forum… I am not going to post links her now… again);
  • aggravated repetitive questions, when being frustrated. The latter can be judged only as totaly unacceptable pure Jesuit way of torturing an “alleged victim”.
    Basically, it does not matter whether the addressee was right or wrong - That is entirely wrong irrespectively

Jesuits? ; KGB? ; Guantanamo;?.. any other examples? please share …

That’s just bloody simple - breaking a spirit of the opponent - that’s what matters… nothing else. Decency, Justice ? What’s that?

I can tell more. Do you want that? To be continued … Next time?
Will do, unless the “wonder button” will be used by zealot mod

p.s.

I’m specifically placing this into “PS”

“C’est le ton qui fait la music”?

Sure, but as far as I can see it currently your tone & Melih’s tone are way out of tune - adjust your guitars, guys! hahah! :slight_smile: too late

Have you ever play guitar?

I did & I do (4 years of classical guitar education)

...otherwise we'll have more angry responses, which are not appropriate and rather used during some scandals and brawls that may occur in public places a bazaar or caravansary - Was it against the policy mentioning "ˌkarəˈvansərē" , since the word derives from Persian/ Turkish? or - it is against the policy because it is in the context of criticizing you actions as a moderator? or - it is against the policy because I do not agree with certain reactions by the CEO of Comodo?...
[quote="EricJH post:25, topic:263717"] Tell me how you would answer your own questions and tell straight up what you think instead of hiding your opinions behind questions. Now it may look like you want to start antagonising. [/quote] Woohoosh! another surprise - such an educated person asking for the answers to purely rhetorical questions woW! :o You've really changed and being brainwashed by "Comodo religion" :) Oh mama! Things happen... unfortunately. That's not good for health as proven by science ... but anyways, in order to clarify: - No - No - No

Was that “antagonizing”? Oh sorry - that was another rhetorical question- my bad!

I still remember the state of the forum when i joined back in 2007 April. The overall atmosphere was quieter and there were fewer members and fewer moderators(Little Mac and a few others). I still remember that back then, melih was much more friendly and replied to most of my stupid queries in a very polite manner. Now it seems that he is more frustrated and a few of his recent posts had shocked me.

Guys remember: Words are mere combination of letters. They mean what we interpret. They just cant express one’s emotions or feelings in the same way as we speak them.

It all depends what members are here for.

Criticism of the product is always welcome if carried out in a constructive way.

When the Forum first started Comodo was not classed as competiton.

I am afraid Comodo is now classed as competition and some members come here for one purpose only.

Dennis

Edit Please note this comment is not directed at any particular member(some members come here for one purpose only)

+1000000

The constructive and polite criticism is what we really need to begin to construct this foundation for improvement in a nice and smooth way.

IMO the constructive criticism should address an area that needs improving but does not speak to the person’s self.

In the other hand , Negative criticism means voicing an objection to something only with the purpose of showing that it is simply wrong!!, false, mistaken, nonsensical, objectionable, disreputable or evil. Negative criticism is also often interpreted as an attack against a person.

Kind Regards

Please d on’t exaggerate. It this forum would be totalitarian then posts would be edited, deleted and history rewritten. This is the fourth page in one out of three topics surrounding Brucine’s posts getting split off by Melih. Is that totalitarian?

Actually how about [i]"banana republic"[/i] as internationally accepted term. And that was a correct meaning of what brucine posted.

Is that “prohibited” as well?
That’s more than funny if not stupid.
…hmmm … 88) Am I on a blade edge… Who cares? Not me.
“You cannot be serious!”
can we use the said phrase considering the history behind it? No? Why?!

That was only one out of three arguments provided.

Have anyone ever thought about repetitive use and subsequent misuse of that by zealot mod(s)?
Please state names. Now it looks like you are just making a lot of hot air with wild accusations.
Have anybody considered that any law clause used so many times is not an abuse of the law per se, but rather a failure of a law itself as it stands?

How many precedents do we have? Do we know that eventually it must be be changed?

Otherwise it’s extremely easy to pervert anything and abuse the power given to the moderators.

Please comment further on this point of view.

Unfortunately some of them turned to "blindfolded-brainwashed-converts-clerics" Those who refused to do that - left already, which was a great loss to this forum
Please provide us with names. Without them your posts may be perceived as a lot of hot air.
Brucine and many other current & retired users were (are) victims ... many more to come (hope not) if such [b]■■■■ load [/b] will not be changed drastically
Brucine has not gone unnoticed among us moderators over the last months. It has been noticed that he had periods where he was more aggressive and periods where he wasn't. Most of the time he got away with it. So, Brucine was not without history when this event happened.
As it was pointed above here and in another threads the CEO must stay away of encouraging ugly brawls That was not a case at all when I joined this forum But slowly, slowly ... and recently often even Melih shows absolute intolerance to any criticism

He is using different but annoyingly repetitive methods

• you do not have enough “technical knowledge” and alike despite several times he was dead wrong (read the forum… I am not going to post links her now… again);
  • aggravated repetitive questions, when being frustrated.
Now this is something more solid.
The latter can be judged only as totaly unacceptable pure Jesuit way of torturing an “alleged victim”.
Basically, it does not matter whether the addressee was right or wrong - That is entirely wrong irrespectively

Jesuits? ; KGB? ; Guantanamo;?.. any other examples? please share …

That’s just bloody simple - breaking a spirit of the opponent - that’s what matters… nothing else. Decency, Justice ? What’s that?

I can tell more. Do you want that? To be continued … Next time?

Corroboration always works.

Will do, unless the "wonder button" will be used by zealot mod
Wonder button? ???
[i][b]p.s. [/b][/i]

I’m specifically placing this into “PS”

“C’est le ton qui fait la music”?

Sure, but as far as I can see it currently your tone & Melih’s tone are way out of tune - adjust your guitars, guys! hahah! :slight_smile: too late

Have you ever play guitar?

I did & I do (4 years of classical guitar education)

Three years of classical guitar ages ago.

Woohoosh! another surprise - such an educated person asking for the answers to purely rhetorical questions
Thank you for admitting to using useless debate tactics.
woW! :o You've really changed and being brainwashed by "Comodo religion" :)
You serious here? :D
Oh mama! Things happen... unfortunately. That's not good for health as proven by science ... but anyways, in order to clarify: - No - No - No

Was that “antagonizing”? Oh sorry - that was another rhetorical question- my bad!

You just love to oppose do you? :wink: You just love to hate me… :smiley: