Give all that for FREE!!! What's the Catch? How does Comodo Make Money?

Hi Mokisma and welcome to the forums,

It is always great to people who use Comodo products providing positive feedback such as yours and spreading the word. Comodo are committed to making their products better and better while keeping some of them (e.g. firewall, antivirus and v-engine, etc) free.

About the antivirus detection. It does sound like it may be a false positive, but it may also be an old file which has become infected with a virus.
You can check the file at www.virustotal.com to see what other vendors detect the file as and submit the file to Comodo (under the quarantine section) from the antivirus if you feel it necessary.

Mike

Wow, just updated from the Sept. 2006 version, and there is a lot of wonderful editions- kudos on that…
Am still checking it all out, but I see a favorite edition of mine Custom -allow, and block all :BNC
(:CLP) (:LOV) :■■■■
Ahhh, very refreshing, and may 2007 be a record of sales for your company, once everyone realizes that you are indeed customer oriented company…
A lot of people are still probably gun shy from the likes of some of the other greed machines, whose only goal is to acquire everyone who is good. and dis-continue the products, forcing customers to buy, only to be compromised–Ok, OK, I am just a little passionate about this LoL (B)

Thanks Darrell (:CLP)

We are very passionate too :slight_smile:

Melih

I have known about comodo firewall and antivirus since it first came out, I even have an SSL cert from you guys. But it isn’t until today that I have decided to install the firewall. I am very particular about my security software and I want only the BEST of the best. I am installing CPF right now and will run various tests to ensure I am happy with the product. Why use free software then, why not pay for it. Come on people… would you pay for Norton, or Mcaffee, or even zonealarm… all junk. Most free software I’ve used is top of the line, that you would expect to pay for but don’t have to.

One suggestion I have Melih, is to make this donateware. If someone wants to thank you let them donate a dollar.

Free software is always great!! But not all software is great. Melih, and forum mods. You all seem to be doing a great job. I am eager to find out if this firewall is the best I’ve found to date!!!
If it need improving I will post it openly on this forum and PM someone.

First of all, welcome to our forums. And a big thank you for using our SSL certs :slight_smile:
we would welcome your feedback and we have created a wishlist for each product where we can put our wishes about how to improve the products so that our dev guys can work off that.

Thanks

Melih

Will Comodo make Trustix Secure Linux a community version the same as the paid for version (less commercial support) ???

I used TSL some years ago but gave up because tech people on the .org community forum [Christian etc] are too busy with real tech issues to answer the small guy.

If TSL, the full version with ‘Zero Touch’ Web Interface was made available for download and this forum supported it, there would be alot of interest as I think its a great product. You could then make money from supporting companies larger than say 6 clients.

Sorry if this is already covered, I only just joined the forum !!!

Hello,
I’m a new member of this forum and actually new to Comodo solutions as well. Today I decided to try Your free antivirus and firewall software. Well, to be honest, it looks like promising pretty much :wink:
Well, at the moment I just wanted to say “hi”. I hope, that while using the software I will be able to share my experiences with You.
Good day!

Hi and welcome,

Glad you like the products. Don’t forget to spread the word and feel free to ask any questions. :slight_smile:

Mike

Hi everyone! I created an account to say that I really love the firewall your company has made!

I found out about it from a website I frequent that has a thread about recommended security software, and saw CFP as the Writer’s choice, so I decided to check it out…

…And fell in love with it instantly! It’s the perfect combination between what I liked in Zone Alarm and Sunbelt Kerio Personal Firewall, but with this all of the stuff I liked stays on, forever! :BNC

Not only that, it appears to be the best on RAM as far as I’ve seen; where ZA used ~18-25MB, Kerio used ~14-18 MB, and even trying Symantec’s at about 12-16 MB, this one had only used over 18 MB the first time I ran it, but now it stays around 9-13 MB with it going to 16 MB max!

And you say that your going to add even more to it!? What a great team and product! (V)

I haven’t really found a need to use the rest of your products, and I didn’t really find a need to change AVG (sorry, but I like that too!), but I might take a gander at them later on in their development to see how well they perform.

Keep up the good work, and I’ll be more than glad to spread the word about your amazing firewall!

I forgot to mention how easy and practical your Updater is in CFP. As soon as I had installed it there was an update for it. It’s probably one of the cooler things about it, and I can’t wait for the Host Intrusion Prevention implementation you guys are working on, then this will be THE BEST firewall ever for the price. :smiley:

Thank You for everything you have done for the lil people.

Tricksta_

Great stuff man! (B) I ve used zone for a long time and it kinda slowed ma machine. And for a free windows product, i guess this is only second to firefox… Hats off for the great work ppl!

This is a great idea, Hope it works for you. I’ve tried several firewall products in the past, paid good money. Nor**n let me down. Mc*fee is too invasive. ZA is somewhat flakey. I’ve been using Comodo firewall for bout a month now and it’s solid. Easy to install and easy to configure. I’ve just installed the anti-virus (so far so good) You’e got almost all the bases covered (Except for anti-spyware), but there’s a bunch of those floating around. Thank you for such a great product and such a good price : )

Hi and welcome,

The anti-virus is also an anti-spyware application. :wink: CAVS stands for Comodo Anti-ViruSpyware.

Mike

Why did you use the * for naming Norton and McAfee?

In this forum the names of other products and companies are not banned. (:WIN)
(R)

(:TNG)

Er, um crikey - I’m missing something. Still don’t understand why a top rated product is free. Can’t believe I’ve paid a small ransom for what I have and my firewall failed your leak test. Looking forward to putting Comodo through its paces!

Sevgili/Dear Melih,

Like your name and Comodo firewall. I am new user for you thanks.

Well Done/Tebrikler.

(:WAV)

thank you Abba :slight_smile:

Melih

Been playing around security for 7 years , basically all the firewall I can find from free to trial ones…

Comodo Developers are scary from the first build I test which was v1.0 that I give up testing on to now v2.4 I am really ashamed of myself for letting go each development of Comodo Firewall which gets madly develop to something so superior.

Why do I say you guys are scary, no development in this world that I had played for 7 years of security that will say " Free for Lifetime ." The effort you put in in this firewall can say the price of it is equal to that of any Shareware Firewalls in the market or even more. ( No developers have such insane method to develop and resolve a product at such intense speed (:CLP))

I will always remember Comodo is the best firewall best support best people in here who will always get many people trust, you have already earned the trust in the first start of the development soon you will get much more than now.

I have been spreading the words of this great product Comodo Firewall Pro. Its really the security I looking for , a little for begineers , a lot for advanced , a lot for experts wow (B) (J) (L) (R) (CLY)

I just wanna say the last thing " You Guys Knows Poverty and you the one which millions will look up on"

I myself will not be able to purchase any of those shareware to me the past they were great till I researched and found comodo !.

Thanks again :BNC (:AGL)

Thank you for your kind words Mirage.

We really really appreciate it.

Its our goal to protect every user for free!

Melih