Get rid of Ctfmon alerts

How do I do that? Every aplication gives me that alert.

Can you elaborate? What programs exactly. Just CTFOM?

i think i know it.
i have the same problem, everytime i shutdown my comp, i often see a a warning box :
“window is closing ctfmon.exe, if you close… this appl now, you will lose any unsaved information”.
so it’s related to V3 ???

Yes, the same problem occurred for me last version, though I haven’t noticed any problems with it for this version. Could be I switched it off soon after I updated comodo.

I honestly don’t get that error even on a fresh install of Comodo. CTFOM is part pf Microsoft Word and Works.

i’m still using 3.0.17.304 :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t have MS Word or Works but have still seen that box occasionally on shut down; but can’t remember seeing it with v.309 though.

Never used to see it before using CFP.

Mike.

I had that problem once but it’s easy to get rid of.

Just go to Control Panel: Regional and Language Options: Languages: Details: Advanced
and check the box that says “Turn off advanced text services”

Then it should not bother you ever again.

Thanks, done.

Mike.

The message says. “name of aplication” is accessing ctfmon in memory or something like that. I can’t turn off text services cause I need them. Any way to give a configuration to how comodo handles this file?

Are you running in Paranoid Mode
Is this the alert you receive screenshot below

[attachment deleted by admin]

The alert is very similar to that. But I’m in train with safe mode. And I still get those alerts.

What Is the Ctfmon.exe (Ctfmon.exe) File?
Ctfmon.exe activates the Alternative User Input Text Input Processor (TIP) and the Microsoft Office Language Bar.

What Does the Ctfmon.exe File Do?
Ctfmon.exe monitors the active windows and provides text input service support for speech recognition, handwriting recognition, keyboard, translation, and other alternative user input technologies.

Can I Remove the Ctfmon.exe File?
Removing the Ctfmon.exe might cause problematic behavior in your Office XP programs, so removing it is not recommended. To prevent Ctfmon.exe from running, follow these steps… Frequently asked questions about Ctfmon.exe

If you use Clean PC Mode you should not have those alerts or each time tick the box Remember my answer and you will receive the alert once only for each new app. that you start.
It is entirely up to you.
Dennis

I use MS Word and need ctfom but get no errors from Comodo.

jeims,

So if you place checkmark “remember my answer” on that alert you mentioned, it continues to arise after some time/log off/reboot?

If so, try to change permissions under computer security policy for your app that is trying to access ctfmon in memory: set switch to “allow” instead of “ask” for interprocess memory accesses.

You can also ‘turn off’ ctfmon.exe if it doesn’t do any harm to your system. And you will save some memory also.

In this order:

1: rename ctfmon.exe to ctfmon.exe.org in …\Windows\System32\dllcache

2: rename ctfmon.exe to ctfmon.exe.org in …\Windows\System32

3: Ignore (Cancel) all Windows alerts for this change.

4: Reboot.

If something needs ctfmon.exe anyway, then rename it to it’s orginal name in same order as above.

I don’t get the message at start up or shut down. I only get it for each aplication started. Except some that are were considered safe since the begining. There should be a way to tell comodo to skip the file if I need it running. Or some override rule or something. I don’t want to be asked for almost each aplication I run. I need ctfmon running cause I read and sometimes type in asian languages so I need it running.

You can add it by manually to each process that needs it in the Defence+ ( process) screenshot below but you should not have to it should be added automatically. I can only think you had a bad install if you do reinstall I would suggest downloading again from Comodo in case there is a problem with the file you downloaded.
Dennis

I think i got solution for you, set your CFP to protect memory access of ctfmon.exe, then if some application really needs it to run properly (you will see it in defense+ events) add it to exception list by clicking on modify.
You will not get any prompts anymore, but your defense+ events will be full of it…
see screenshot below