Freeze on initial scan after update installation

(I only report it here because I was requested to do so there)

1. I don’t have a dumb because I didn’t realize I hit a significant bug.

2. COMODO Internet Security Premium Beta/RC 7.0.312140.4101
3. Windows 8.1, 64bit
4. I don’t know, if I already changed the configuration at this point, sorry :-\ Maybe I loaded my old configuration during the initial scan, but I don’t remember.
5. I upgraded from 6.3.302093.2976
6. Bitsum ProcessLasso; no security products beside Comodo installed
i) Upgrade installation
ii) restart during installation
iii) Started initial Scan after installation
8. It froze at the status shown in the attached screenshot, but after round six minutes. I was unable to close the scan window (didn’t try to use task manager). Restarted windows. Everything is fine now, I wasn’t able to reproduce the freeze.

[attachment deleted by admin]

It is very important to know whether you loaded your previous configuration before or after the scan. This could be part of what caused it.

Also, please attach a Diagnostics Report and KillSwitch Process List to your first post.

In addition, after doing that, please try reinstalling CIS. Then try to reproduce this (perhaps by putting in your previous configuration just before the scan). If you can reproduce it create a Full Dump using KillSwitch during the hang. If you have questions about how to do any of that please let me know.

Thank you.

I know. I didn’t realize I might have discovered a problem with CIS here. Thought it was something else. I didn’t know, you’re looking for feedback about the upgrade process when I upgraded CIS, so I wasn’t well prepared and not that attentive.

As I already said: I don’t have one.

Sorry, I know, you are giving me a great product for free, but reproducing would take a great amount of time. Especially because I personally don’t believe this was connected to CIS I’m afraid of wasting time to something I’ll not find.

I’m sorry to be unable to offer the things you need to investigate further. Thanks for doing such a great job!

No problem. I absolutely understand. However, in that case I will have to move this out of the Bug Reporting board without forwarding it to the devs. There will not be enough information for them to reproduce the issue.

However, I do want to point out that if this issue does reappear you can create that Full Dump. That will very likely contain nearly all of the information the devs will need to fix it. Therefore, if it happens again please create the Full Dump. If you have any questions about how to do that please feel free to ask.

Thank you.

CIS version 7.0.313494.4115 Final has just been released. Therefore, if the issue still occurs please create a new bug report for it in this section of the forum. The required format is provided in this post. Just copy and paste the code. Then replace the question marks with your responses.

I’m sorry, but as the most recent release is no longer in Beta the Beta bug reporting format can no longer be used. I will therefore move this report to Resolved. If the issue still occurs please do create a new bug report.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.