free forever is no more?

Really, the original rumor was just FUD.
Of course, an official word always makes people calm.
But I don’t think it is necessary to recall the subject on each release.
If you can’t trust in your security company, better is to move on.

Hi Melih. Thanks for your response it will put a lot of people at ease. The only question I have and I believe a few others would like to know is the communication issue between Pazsion and Geek buddy. Was that a language breakdown between the two or was GB totally misinformed, or did Pazsion hear it wrong or get it wrong ???. I am not pointing the finger or wanting to offend anyone, I just think it would be nice to know where the misinformation started? Thanks and Kind regards.

What about all your other programs?? are they going to be going the route of CSC??

Cheers
Shaun

I never saw any announcement of a charge for CSC.

Or are you whinging about the cost of a supplementary manual service by salaried employees to assist users who have allowed their systems to be so badly compromised that cleansing needs more than automated software ?

Maybe you should read this topic…
https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-csc/comodo-systemcleaner-40-beta-released-t72566.0.html

"Hello,

The PRO version will be a payed version. The price along with other details about the PRO version will be available soon.

Thanks!"…posted by Razvan Raschitor

Thanks for the info.

So the whinge was not about CSC after all, but about CSC PRO

Are we going to ask Comodo to make a commitment that they will never put any effort into designing for sale a world beating product ! ! !

Alan…really…you’re a pain in the arse… ;D

Yes Alan please give up the holier than thou attitude.You are taking this thread no where. We are only trying to find out the direction Comodo are taking their software.

Now who is getting angry - not me.

You seem to be eager to defend those who spread FUD and/or spam a CIS topic with irrelevant and BADLY defined complaints about paying for CSC when they are actually banging on with complaints they have already raised about CSC PRO in a topic devoted to CSC PRO in a totally related sub-forum
https://forums.comodo.com/comodo-system-cleaner-csc-b124.0/

Grumbling in a relevant sub-forum is one thing.
but spamming unrelated sub-forums is something else.

Now you, please keep your cool.

And you already complained at
https://forums.comodo.com/comodo-system-cleaner-csc-b124.0/

Just cool it before this topic is locked.

I am only asking Melih if CPM, CBU, etc are going the same route as CSC. I am not whinging or grumbling in this thread. The topic will only be locked because you feel the need to argue with everyone about total non issues.

You are the one who is raising non-issues that are nothing to do with CIS and are a hijack of this topic.

Is it your desire that Comodo should never produce and sell a PRO version of any product ?

The Question has been answered.
CIS is Free Forever.

The topic’s purpose has been served

I think it is time this topic was locked.

But “Forever” is going to end on 21.12.2012. >:-D

Sorry, guys… !ot!

Hey Guys/Girls. !ot! I don’t think locking the Topic just due to some misunderstandings or conflicts is the right fix. Their are still some unanswered issues in this Topic, but if any of you have some personal issues with one another a more pleasant manner for the goodness of the Topic would be to sort out your personal differences via PM and I think it will surprisingly help with any problems between the parties involved. Please don’t take offence I am just trying to help everyone out. Kind regards to you all. :slight_smile:

:BNC

Given that this topic has evolved from discussing the free CIS to contemplating the free V paid-for versions of other Comodo products, I have taken the liberty of moving it from the CIS boards to the General Discussion (off topic) board.

Ewen :slight_smile:

Hello guys,

Some clarification on the differences between the paid and free versions of Comodo Internet Security.

CIS Free:
*Fully Functional Firewall with Defense+
*Fully Functional Antimalware engine
*Sandbox
*Eliminates threats detected
*Free for home and commercial use
-Optional 60 Day trial for Geekbuddy

CIS Plus:
*Everything included in the free version in addition to:
*Remote Security Support via Geekbuddy for the duration of the subscription

CIS Pro:
*Everything included in the free version in addition to:
*Remote Security and System support
*$500.00 Virus-Free Guarantee
*$15,000 Identity Theft Protection

CIS Complete:
*Everything included in the free and Pro versions in addition to:
*TrustConnect Wi-Fi Security 10 GB per month cap
*2 GB Online Backup system

This is the breakdown, as you see each package uses the same protection system, the differences are simply options to make things easier for less knowledgeable users, the base protection system (including the virus definitions, firewall, scanning abilities, sandbox, and defense +) are identical across each version. The premium versions are simply available for users who want the conveniences of having those guarantees, or being able to have a technician connect to their system to fix various issues. The point is the actual protection and removal abilities across each version, are the same, and Melih has confirmed that nothing has changed.

As promised by Comodo a long time ago, the base protections have been and will remain free.

That’s why Comodo gets sencere love and support of its free users.

:love:

XD

thank you again melih!

I wonder then how me and the tech got confused? my wording wasnt that much different from this post’s…

To me malware is a virus… software that causes issues or mines data without the expressed consent of the pc’s user. And does not deserve a different name or category…

locking the topic as it has offically been answered appropriately by the highest authority possible xD

Please pm me and define what a FUD is… I did not mean to alarm or be creating causeless issues… it just needed some clarification.

Pazsion, for your knowledge and all others;

FUD is an acronym meaning fear, uncertainty, and doubt. It’s what others spread when they don’t completely understand a concept or idea and broadcast it thus causing fear uncertainty and doubt among a population.