free forever is no more?

Never meant anything like that, actually i wrote that to me CIS will be kept free (or better, the free edition will survive), for the moment as you said all these are only unjustified rumors.

Whether removal remains free or not who uses the AV to remove malware? I myself have never used it to remove as all the detections have been FPs on my system. All said it would be nice to have a full suite free.

I cannot agree with that.
If the AV quarantines a virus it has consequently REMOVED it from operation,
and that renders it available for simple deletion if required.
It is far better than other AV products that delete what they detect and consequently destroy Windows by removing vital components that were wrongly fingered by defective virus signatures.

All said it would be nice to have a full suite free.
Agreed, but is there such a suite, free or otherwise, that can automatically and fully deal with any malware or rootkit, or hidden registry keys that have all permissions set to a full lockout ?

When such a suite is available then malware fighting forums will be out of work.

I did not know that and can believe it.

Had you said that 5.3 now FAILED to delete the rootkits that 5.2 successfully deleted I would be concerned.
I have no problem with Comodo charging for a more comprehensive product and would defend their right to do so,
but I would be disappointed if previous free capabilities were crippled - but if it is free we have no right to demand.

There is however no indication that this is on the cards.

In my view whatever follows v 5.4 has zero hope of removing rootkits if it cannot first detect them,
so 5.3 and 5.4 are necessary first steps to a better product,
and since Comodo have, so far as I know, always attempted to improve the product without making a charge,
I am more than prepared to assume that this will remain the case.
If Comodo were in the future require once of or annual payments (e.g. if bought out by Norton) I would be thankful for the free ride till now.

In my view it is absolutely impossible to clean up all the effects of malware executables.
If the malware has stolen your data and put it on the Internet,
or if malware was just a dirty trick that corrupted all you documents,
you cannot “Please make it not to have happened” (taken from a child’s prayer after breaking a window).

Regards
Alan

melih please clarify so everyone will know the direction of comodo so that everyone will

a. feel relieved that cis will always be free

b. have to pay some money, get angry about it, get over it, pay for comodo anyways because it’s the best suite out there in my opinion and a lot of others i’m sure

Just FUD. Don’t give him any attention…

Some Staff input on this Topic could help clear up any doubts or concerns for concerned users.

Comodo team please respond on this topic… we need to understand comodo’s position on this? first its said CIS with tech geek is free for 1 year, now i heard that for removing malwares/ virses we need to pay? isnt that included in free?
I personally dont like these new changes, i request melih and comodo team to respond and clear this situation.
We all have higher hopes from comodo, please dont let us down.

I would like to see a response… If this is the case and comodo is going to do that they will lose a huge amount of people and i’m sure most of the moderators would leave as well.

CIS will always be free!

nothing has changed guys.

thx

Melih

great news … We look forward to your confirmation!!!

Just did confirm it didn’t he.

That looks a little insulting.
When your wife is about to go shopping do you ask her to repeat a previous promise that she will NEVER run off with a toy boy ?

Do you mean you want Melih to swear an affidavit and post a certified copy to every user ?
Or are you wanting that each version update to be accompanied by a fresh statement that there will be no change of policy.

Thanks for clearing this up. I never had any doubt CIS would no longer be free in the future. :-TU 8)

Consider yourself warned. Trolling is not allowed.

Probably he wanted to say “Oh, I was waiting for your confirmation…thanks”.
Don’t find always an excuse to be polemical ;D

I don’t think he’s a troll, since he’s the italian forum section moderator…

That’s right. That makes it less likely he was trolling. It may have been a language issue then.

Warned?!?! I am not a troll

My view is this: finally Melih clarified this situation… thanks

that works for me too

Ciao wonderlust76, grazie!

Thanks alot Melih, for clarity from you.

Because it can’t remove them, or because it wont remove them.?

Apologies for the misunderstanding.