Framework dll issue [Resolved]

Depends on what those stray files are. Can you list them?

Well, I added an attachment of one of them. The other file that I know about is called guard.dll, NOD32 uses that one, but one of my security tools says it is a Comodo File. However, I’m not sure it belongs to Comodo Firewall. I have Comodo BOClean and Verification Engine also.

Also, when you click start, program files, and go to Comodo Firewall it displays Comodo Firewall Pro, and the Uninstall file. However, if you click them it says it can’t find them. So, I guess that is the shortcut in the start menu. If there are others I don’t know about them. I only ran the .bat file, I didn’t think it would remove as much as it did, so I thought it may have solved the problem.

[attachment deleted by admin]

The only security program I presently use is CFP 3, so I know that guard.dll is not part of it. And yes, the ones from your Start menu are just shortcuts that you can delete. cmdagent.exe is a big one from CFP 3 - just delete the entire C:\Program Files\Comodo\Firewall folder.

Once done, you’ll probably have to download CFP 3 (assuming you don’t have the setup file) and install. This time, however, before you install I would recommend that you disconnect from the internet and shutdown your other security programs. This minimizes the risk of conflicts during the installation, which I suspected caused this framework.dll issue in the first place.

OK. Perfect! It is done, and is now working perfectly. Thanks everybody for your help, I couldn’t have done without you all.

USSS,

I also wanted to thank you for that .bat file. If I had to go through the advanced step by step procedures I would have been forced to buy a new computer. That .bat file was a perfect solution for newbies.

Sorry for being a little late to tonight’s “party”. I just reviewed the latest posts, and it’s great to see that Dr. T.O.M.'s problems have been resolved.

Thanks to Soyabeaner this evening for wrapping up the post-mortem. BTW, the .bat file is auithored and updated by forum member “Ragwing,” so your compliments should be directed to him.

All’s well that ends well, so I guess we can tag this thread, “Resolved.”

Great work, everybody!

We kool wit dis (:KWL) :-TU

If the issue returns (let’s hope not), PM an online moderator to open thread.