Framework dll issue [Resolved]

It should be a folder in C:\Program Files\Comodo\Firewall

[attachment deleted by admin]

That’s a screenshot of your %programfiles%\COMODO\Firewall\Repair directory, not %programfiles%\COMODO\Firewall . The Repair directory is like a backup of the core CFP files.

In other words, your computer should have the framework.dll file in the Firewall and Repair directories. If you only have one then simply copy and paste framework.dll to the Firewall directory.

Edit: Looks like Matty was quicker lol

Dr. T.O.M.:

Try Matty and Soyabeaner’s suggestion(s) FIRST.

If that does not fix your problem, download and execute the batch file (“CFP3 File+Registry Cleaner.zip”) found at the END of the FIRST post in this thread:
https://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v3/comprehensive_instructions_for_completely_removing_comodo_firewall_pro_3_info-t17220.0.html

Unzip that file, then run it and see if it resolves your issue. If not, you will probably have to perform the comprehensive uninstallation steps in the post mentioned above.

Well, the cfconfig.exe was in the repair folder. If that is the repair file it didn’t do a thing but give me a popup that says it can’t help me. I provided two new attachments of my Comodo Firewall folder, and my Comodo Firewall Repair folder. What you see is everything that is in it. Is there anything missing from it? Maybe that is the problem? ???

USSS,

Will that prevent my firewall from working? I can’t uninstall it, but at least it still runs.

I don’t know if that’s the culprit, but you are missing one file in the Firewall folder: cfpconfig.exe. Copy and paste this file from the Repair folder to the Firewall folder.

You also have a bunch of other files that I don’t recognize in the Firewall folder. Hope they’re not conflicting with things.

Here are mine.

OK, I tried that solution and rebooted. It didn’t solve the problem, but when I click the Diagnostic link in CPF I get a popup. Before it wasn’t even doing that. Unfortunately, the popup was basically saying it couldn’t find framework.dll, so it couldn’t help me.

Do you think all of the extra files that are not related are causing the problem?

Like I posted, I don’t know if that’s the culprit, so try everything you haven’t yet. I would delete those files (not permanently, just to the Recycle Bin) and see what develops.

Yes, running the batch file essentially removes most, if not all, of the remnants of CFP.

Continue your attempts to solve the problem using Soyabeaner’s suggestions.

However, my gut feeling tells me you will need to completely remove CFP, then reinstall it. You will need to allot about an hour or so to complete all of the steps in my guide.

Well, I did it. It didn’t solve the problem; however, it did stop some of the popups that I had posted. Don’t get me wrong, trying those methods again did not create any solutions, I just don’t get popups saying they can’t find any files. Some of the popups still happen but not all of them. ???

Then I’m ■■■■■■■. That manual uninstall guide was way beyond my computer skills.

At this point, your time would probably be better spent completely removing CFP, then reinstalling it or another firewall product if you desire.

There maybe more files missing and/or corrupted because with each step brings something a little different. I though that uninstallation was what you were going for all this time. Could it be that you have other security programs running during the initial installation that caused this?

If you have System Restore enabled, that might undo the changes before CFP was installed.

That was his first post. He clearly said he wanted to uninstall Comodo.

Yeah, I had to uninstall so I could upgrade to the latest Comodo Firewall. Looks like I’m stuck with this version of it for the rest of my life.

No you are not stuck with it. There are plenty of people to help you out. There is always a way to fix something.

Yeah, but I’m not skilled enough to work with the solution. It is over my head.

Come on now. Tons of people have followed those instructions. Just do it step by step. Its not that hard. I never had to use it cause I use Revo for everything.

Leaving the firewall on your PC in its current state could seriously compromise your system. Missing and/or corrupted files could expose you to malware and attacks.

Since you’ve been working on this for the better part of the afternoon/evening, I would take a breather and disconnect your PC from the Internet and try again in the morning. It’s easy to get discouraged the longer a troubleshooting session drags on. Time to take a break.

In the morning, I recommend that you run the batch file that I referenced a few posts up. In probably >90% of the cases, it will remove the files and registry entries of the original installation, thus allowing you to reinstall the firewall of your choice.

Trust us: we know the difference a day can make, and I think things will go better for you tomorrow.

We’ll be back then to provide whatever assistance you need.

USSS,

I ran the .bat file and it removed everything. Only a few stray files were left behind. Is it safe to install the latest Comodo Firewall now, or are there other things that have to be done?