[Forum] Notified of post reports despite not being a moderator

The following post, “Comodo Dragon v102.0.5005.61 32&64-bit are now available for download” by vasi.dragon has been reported by yigido (lugo_58) on a board you moderate:

The topic: Comodo Forum
Moderation center: Comodo Forum

The reporter has made the following comment:
I cannot comment, Why?

Regards,
The The Comodo Forum Team.

I moderate what?

i received an email the same as that one, which likewise said i moderate this board. i don’t know what it’s talking about.

The following post, “Comodo Dragon v102.0.5005.61 32&64-bit are now available for download” by vasi.dragon has been reported by yigido (lugo_58) on a board you moderate:

I cannot comment, Why?

Regards,

I got the same spam… I also do not moderate this topic

Here is the same problem. The same email came again a few minutes ago. I never installed or used Dragon. And I didn’t subscribe to anything either. Very strange…

So it turns out I can moderate this board.

How nice.

Thanks removed email

I guess someone ■■■■■■■ up the social engineering.

Even though a failure, I’m still somewhat impressed…

same here I also now a Moderator even on posts back to 2004…
seems something or someone messed up the whole forum settings …maybe even get haxed bcuz the message I wrote , does not show up , in sended message tab

or is this maybe a starnge from of recurting… incase it isTHX but Iam not intereested

I don’t think anything got haxed, could be a simple phishing trick, because it’s from Yandex mail.

However, the link in the email was genuine.

My guess is that some kid is starting the whole black/gray/white cyber business and it’s learning to be a bad/good guy, but ■■■■■■■ up because:

1: real email was visible in the from title instead of notification@comodo.com

2: in the body, the link was real instead of phished one like forums.com0do.com or something like that to trick users to log in with their details.

However, I don’t get what would someone gain from accessing someone’s credentials on a cybersecurity forum…

I just got a couple of email notifications about post reports relating to this announcement of the latest Comodo Dragon update[/url] but I’m not a moderator on this forum at all (not even for the Comodo Dragon section).

I haven’t used any Comodo product or even logged into this forum for many years now and I was only ever just a ‘user’ in any case. Why am I therefore getting multiple e-mails as quoted below as of just recently ?

The following post, "Comodo Dragon v102.0.5005.61 32&64-bit are now available for download" by vasi.dragon has been reported by yigido (lugo_58) on a board you moderate:

I cannot comment, Why?

Regards,

Has Comodo, the forum site/host in general or a specific user/moderator been hacked resulting in my personal data being disseminated hence this apparent spam/abuse now being received ?

Seriously unimpressed to say the very least considering that Comodo is supposed to be a company PROVIDING SECURITY PRODUCTS and not one that is somehow involved in breaching my security by disseminating personal data and/or is simply randomly spamming me with totally irrelevant messages due to some fundamental problem with their site/host >:(

NOTE: This post has also been “reported” by me to ensure that it is seen and relevant action taken by a moderator as a matter of urgency

Yes, why they did send that message? The one who sent the message was Yigido
How can i delete the account from here?

I’m guessing it’s a glitch in the forum software, but I have had a couple of messages recently that I got because they have been reported and are “on a board you moderate”. I am not and never have been a moderator, I don’t have access to the moderation area.

Yup, same here and same remark. Security company getting hacked and not even notifying users about it as they should… not very GDPR, and fairly ironic

Same here. Posted the following message in the relevant thread earlier today. I note that the forums were apparently taken offline very shortly after I “reported” my post to get moderator attention but are now back with no obvious changes or explanation.

Soooooo … what exactly is/was going on here Mr.Comodo ?

It looks very much like a security issue and/or breach to me and I’m not very happy about it to say the very least, especially considering the apparent “yandex” connection and the intriguing swift newbie response to my post needless to say 88)

Same here. Got the following this morning but I’m not a moderator -

[i]The following post, “Comodo Dragon v102.0.5005.61 32&64-bit are now available for download” by vasi.dragon has been reported by yigido (lugo_58) on a board you moderate:

I cannot comment, Why?

Regards,
The The Comodo Forum Team.[/i]

Got the exact same here.

1st time ever seen a staff with 1 post :-TD

I have now gotten two of these notifications… :frowning:

I have received several of them the last couple of days.

I very much doubt it is just a forum glitch.

If you look closely at the from field and the source code in the email they are not coming from the forum but from a sketchy [at]yandex address.

Reply-To:

My first thought was the someone had managed to get a hold of the emails from the forum but I did a password reset and compared the paths of the emails and they looked pretty much the same so that does not seem to be the issue as the emails do seem to be coming from the comodo server.

Not sure what is going on but I do not see how a simple glitch would change the from and reply to fields.