[Forum] Notified of post reports despite not being a moderator

We get it, don’t need to spam the forum with the issue, it was a mistake in the default permission profile that gave board moderation to regular members. It has since been fixed and you should ignore/delete the email that you received.

I don’t think you actually do and maybe YOU and/or Comodo in general need to learn to respond with an explanation and factually correct information in a timely manner whenever users raise IMPORTANT ISSUES … especially those that look very much like they might well be a significant security problem :wink:

Had you done so, no alleged spamming would ever have been seen because any ‘problem’ raised would have been addressed and explained in relevant detail long before multiple reports were made by numerous concerned users. A lack of response and/or a lack of any response containing sufficient relevant information is somewhat unprofessional at best and clearly demonstrates a total lack of care/regard for users.

TBH, I find your explanation somewhat lacking in relevant detail and/or of dubious accuracy in any case. How exactly does a simple alleged “mistake in allocating moderation rights” ultimately lead to some/many/all users receiving forum e-mails allegedly from Comodo.com sent by some random CDN via Microsoft but with a reply address at dodgy old yandex.com ?

I also note that you haven’t answered my query above regarding the apparent out-of-date version of SMF currently in use. Is it V2.0.7 as documented on every forum page … or is it some later version ?

IN ADDITION, I’ve just noticed that there is a sizeable thread concerning a Comodo security breach which occurred in September 2019 and Comodo officially recommending that all users change their passwords etc.

Why is this the very first that I’ve actually heard about the 2019 security breach when specific user action was deemed necessary by Comodo ?

Why does it appear that users were not contacted at their registered e-mail address to directly inform them of such a significant issue ?

It sure doesn’t seem to me that “At Comodo, we take security very seriously and it is our highest priority” as was being claimed in that thread. Just the usual totally meaningless disingenuous statement that’s regularly trotted out whenever any Company gets caught with their pants down and has to, very reluctantly, actually say something about it in public !

It would appear to me that there has been, and continues to be, a significant lack of attention to detail at Comodo which is more than a little concerning considering the nature of the products involved. This being the primary reason why I ceased using Comodo products several years ago.

I’m getting 2 (two) email with more or less the same content related to this thread.

How can it happened? And how the forum management could anticipate about this issue in the future?
It’s so uncomfortable…

I hope someone could explain to us why this kind of issue happened anyway…

Thanks

Comodo forum is no longer a place where we can get answers to our questions :-X

well we had moderator rights, even if some kiddy managed it to hax in in this forum and gave us the moderator settings/rights… remains one little thing; what is the link/connection to send us ppl that mail about moderation rights in here… seems we are/were on a list … but why are we in that list? have u some speacial IT skillz? are u an autoditact?

yandex Yandex - Wikipedia… and we all had moderator rights… seems mo and mo like comodo was haxed, and those who got that email was choosen by propouse… some skill and/or deed unity us … but I also could be total wrong neitherless we had that moderator rights , which we shouldnt have at all… weird ish is going on

How many user from comodo froum have received that email/ how many was recent added as moderrator? plstalk /ask comodo staff members-TY

I was one of the members affected
I’m not worried at all, I changed my password.
Furthermore I use proxy e-mail addresses for any forum I’m member of.
Even though I get spammed I can disable any alias I use at any time.
Cheers

I’m not worried per se, just bl**dy annoyed at yet another company who apparently couldn’t care less about security and/or the potential abuse of users’ personal data by a 3rd party as a direct result of their negligence.

The only things that I can see whoever at yandex.com has to gain is definitive confirmation of valid and working e-mail addresses effectively harvested from Comodo plus the content of any technical or commercial discussion which may be contained in responses made by someone casually replying to the message. That and creating the highly embarrassing situation where a Company whose business is in security products various has quite clearly suffered a “security incident” of some kind of course. Creating trust online … NOT :wink:

As someone else said earlier, the URLs quoted appear to be valid and not redirecting to some hoax site for phishing purposes but who knows what other alleged “mistakes” may have been made in the SMF configuration 88) I was somewhat concerned by having issues logging in for the first time in several years for instance as I got asked for my password twice which was very odd to say the least. Suffice it to say that it was swiftly reset and changed to something completely different !

Then of course there’s the potential issue of an SMF installation which may or may not be anything up to 8 years out-of-date and thus may or may not contain a whole host of very well known security holes various sat there just waiting to be exploited 88)

Also not to mention the ‘interesting’ departure from the forum of the Comodo Staff Member who started the thread and some other newbie Comodo Staff Member subsequently editing that original post the following day 88)

Something very odd has definitely been going on behind the scenes that’s for sure and it’s abundantly clear to me that despite Comodo statements to the contrary, security is NOT taken very seriously and is NOT the highest priority.

The silence from Comodo is quite deafening isn’t it :-TD

I thought I was replying to another member, I’m not familiar with this forum although I joined It in 2006. Sorry.

You May want to ask to have your account deleted. I’m going to ask.
Cheers

https://forums.comodo.com/

Found this in my spam folder. Feels sketch.

Reported post: Comodo Dragon v102.0.5005.61 32&64-bit are now available for download by vasi.dragon

The topic: Comodo Forum
Moderation center: Comodo Forum

The reporter has made the following comment:
I cannot comment, Why?

Regards,
The The Comodo Forum Team.

There was a permissions error with the forums a few weeks ago and a number of users got that email. It’s since been resolved.

Hi IB12NV,

As Eric Cryptid said there was a permissions error with the forum a few weeks ago and a number of users got that email. It’s since been resolved.
So, you could ignore/delete the email that you have received.
https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cd/comodo-dragon-v1020500561-3264bit-are-now-available-for-download-t128421.0.html;msg919501#msg919501
Thanks @Eric Cryptid for supporting.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT