Failed to update the virus signature database

I just downloaded Comodo Antivirus and Firewall. I have Windows XP Pro 32 bit. I had AVG free 9.0 but of course uninstalled it before installing Comodo. I also have Malwarebytes and Superantispyware. It seemed to install fine but when I try to update I get the message “Failed to update the virus signature database. Check your internet settings.” My internet settings seem fine but maybe there is something I need to adjust that I don’t know about. The version I have is 4.1.150349.920. Can anyone help? I really want to use this. Thanks.

Paula

Guys- I am 68 years old and been running my business with computers since 1995. The whole computer world is going to hell. It is impossible to get help anymore, and the situation is in fast reverse, like our society and our govt. I have a lot of work to do today, and am just trying to update the virus signature database, which fails in 1/2 of a second.If anyone can help me, or steer me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it.

Chuck

This link will provide you with the signature file if you wish to manually add it to CIS.

Please note, only 15 minutes passed between these two posts before this response.
That is just a bit too soon to start complaining about response time! Understand?

Yes, 15 minutes is a bit soon to complain but that wasn’t me. That was someone that just tagged onto my post and should have just started his own thread. And thank your for your quick reply. I have had to wait much longer than this for help on other forums. :slight_smile:

I’ll do the manual update for now but I’d really like to figure out why I can’t connect and fix that. I don’t want to manually update it forever. So, any idea why I would not be able to connect and how to fix that? Thanks again.

Paula

I followed the instructions given but I still get the message that my virus protection is out of date. :frowning:

Paula

Is your system time and date correct?

Yes, my time and date are correct.

Maybe we need to narrow the problem cleaning the AVG remains.
AVG Remover can be downloaded here: http://www.avg.com/download-tools

I ran the AVG remover but still getting the same thing.

It is a known problem, after updating manually, you must run the update again and the display will be correct.

Cheers

After I downloaded the update file and placed it in the “scanner” folder I did try to run the update again and it still said “failed to update” and says my virus definitions are out of date.

I agree with Paula. I am trying to clean a Win XP SP3 machine for an idiot friend who was running without AV or a firewall, and the PC got rootkitted and infected. I was able to clean the machine (I think) but I can’t get the virus database to update past 5%.

I have sfc’d Windows files, made sure that the AVG remover has been run, and did everything recommended in the strings on this subject but the db still won’t update.

Regardless of what Bulgroz says, just rebooting after applying the dl’d 88MB database doesn’t fix the problem.

Does Comodo have a fix in the works, or are they denying the problem exists? I’d like to give my friend back a working PC with a reliable AV and firewall, and for whatever reason, CIS 4.1 isn’t reliable in this config.

Here just the same. Version: Newest 4.1…920, XP/SP3
The Update starts and hangs at 50%,
it stops right after downloading the “BASE_UPD_END_USER_v5422.cav” today and yesterday it was the 5421. :wink:

I tried everything, but can’t find a solution, I guess it has nothing to do with the DL itself. I think the DL is completed and the problem has to do with processing or copying of the new signatures.

Greetings!

I do not use the AV component personally because I had too many problems updating. However I keep using the firewall and Defense+ because they are top notch.

Cheers

I have the same problem here it stops after the download of 5422 and says internet connection error.

Some of my 60+ machines has got 5422 down but now when maunualy checking update on them gives the same internet connection error

Hi there,

I don’t want to bring this topic up every few hours, I’m very satisfied with CIS and I know it’s for free!

I checked the laptop and PC of my cousin and there’s exactly the same problem. Seems this case is not isolated. Today Cav downloads up to “5434” and that’s it, no update… :frowning:

Greetings!

Did you try to manualy add the update?

Regards
BlackList

Yepp, with the dowloaded bases.cav. Tried a new installation, registry clean, file authorization rights/ownership, checked all services, pathes, etc…
The date of signatures is always the same, the update.exe works, seems all the newest cav’s are downloaded (every day a few more :wink: ), but then it won’t update…
Must be a concatenation of some strange circumstances, which is responsibly for the the update failures on some machines.

Greetings!

Anybody still suffering from problems with the AV updater? At this moment database 5447 is the latest.

No problems here, I have the latest database.