Exciting News: Comodo Internet Security 2024 Beta Now Open for Testing!

Detection fails and protection also fails for CIS.

1 Like

Oh, thank you! Didn’t realize I had to switch it back to Lycia. Wish there was a Lycia Dark Mode!

Now if I can just figure out why HIPS keep blocking Windows system components, even when in Training Mode…

1 Like

Please fix low download speed with option anti arp spoofing in firewall settings. When i enable it, it gets
very slow download. Upload a lil bit slower but doesnt hurt as download 2mbs/99mbs. When Off 320/105 on fiber. Windos 11 latest Home, Avast and Comodo Firewall. Pretty good Pc.

This is old bug too on my side.

Please add the “Advanced view” already present in the previous version.

I suggest, in the firewall, to separate the various Services, contained in the various “Svchost.exe”.
In fact, currently, the firewall considers only one “Svchost.exe” and does not allow you to create rules for the various Services contained in the various instances of it.

2 Likes

Hi fabri9533,

Thank you for reporting.

Please add the “Advanced view” already present in the previous version.

We could see the “Advanced view” option in CIS v12.3.0.8088. (Refer the attached pic.)

I suggest, in the firewall, to separate the various Services, contained in the various “Svchost.exe”.
In fact, currently, the firewall considers only one “Svchost.exe” and does not allow you to create rules for the various Services contained in the various instances of it.

Could you please provide us steps to reproduce on the above suggestion you provided?
Any related screenshot ?

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Issue / BUG report for CIS 2024 Beta 12.3.0.8088
Windows 11 Pro 22H2 build SO 22621.2215

Three issues:

1. Comodo Firewall broke Internet in the Windows Sandbox
If Windows Sandbox is enabled, with a use of a week (of the PC), sometimes or always the Internet connection on the Windows SandBox are not working because CIS block IT.

I have to disable Comodo Firewall close the Windows Sandbox and reopen again to have the Windows Sandbox with the Internet available.

Please FIX this issue.

2. Wrong Link for Report BUG, seems old.
The link in the app, hamburger menu for report BUGS is wrong, seems point to the old forum then a redirect point to the main Comodo forum but not to a specific link or page where report the issue.
This can be improved.

3. Cannot install Secure Shopping and Cleaning essentials because size is 0 MB and setup file corrupted.

Some Italian translations still be missed.
Hope to see soon this 2024 version as stable :slight_smile: will the beta update to stable or not?

Thank you

cis issues

Will be also nice if you can introduce a light and dark theme that change based on Windows OS status.
My Windows is set to use light theme in the day and automatically switch to the dark at night.
Will be nice if Comodo can follow the operative theme color.

Also the prompt to insert the password should be dark in the dark theme, seems is not :slight_smile:

Intel TDT never work for me

immagine

Your theme is different than mine.
When I installed Comodo v12.3.0.8088, on a “clean” PC, the default theme is “Light Theme”.
On the “Light Theme”, the advanced view is not present, as you can see from the pictures.
Also the “Dark Theme” do not have the Advanced View.

As for “Svchost.exe”, it is a system file that hosts one or more Windows Services.
Normally, multiple instances of this executable are active in the system and host various Services.
Comodo does not allow you to set rules for each Service but only for the “Svchost.exe” executable.

The steps to try are as follows:

1. disconnect from the internet
  2. Set the firewall to “Custom ruleset”
  3. Remove all “Application rules” from “Settings”.
  4. Connect to the internet

You will see, among the various warnings in the Comodo firewall popup, the executable “Svchost.exe” appear but without any indication of the Service hosted by it, which is actually connecting to the internet.

I would like to be able to set rules on the single Service hosted by “Svchost.exe” and not on the executable “Svchost.exe”.

The Windows firewall allows you to treat the services hosted in “Svchost.exe” individually.

They informed me that the “Net Peeker” firewall, present at this address , also has this feature.

Thank you for your support. :grinning:

Fabri.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.
Following your instruction show a pop up if I allow Internet work temporarily.

Now I set the firewall back to secure and back to custom bust still have issues… so this unfortunately is not resolving the issue.

I hope Comodo can fix it and give a solution.

I want to point out that my post is not a bug report, but a request for a new feature.

Fabri.

Hi fabri9533,

Kindly follow this format and add poll for the feature request, so that other users could able to understand and vote on your wish.
We will report this wish to the team depending upon the receiving maximum vote counts.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

I want to report a bug:

I set

Setting > Firewall > Network zones > don’t show popup alerts and treat location as : public

But it still sets new networks as home networks

Hi user9823742,

Thank you for reporting.
We will check this and update you.
Can you share us any related screenshot of this issue ?

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Thanks C.O.M.O.D.O RT

I have added the feature request here.

Fabri.

Hi fabri9533,

Thank you for following the format.
Have a nice day.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

@C.O.M.O.D.O_RT

Will the new CIS include the requested option? Do you have any information about this?

Hi khanyash,

Let me check with the team and update you.
Could you please share us any related screenshot on this?

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

1 Like

There is no screenshot available. The request is for an alert option in auto-containment. Users can choose to either run unknown files auto-contained or receive an alert with containment, allow, and block options.

1 Like

This has been asked for billion times for many many years now. I can assure you we won’t ever get this feature. Which is just bizarre why they are resisting it so hard when it makes so much sense.

1 Like

From the security perspective is always better to block first. If you are sure you want to allow it, you will manually allow the unknown file.
Many users will mess up, or simply clicks by mistake and so on, and fault of infection will be Comodo’s. Which from my point of view, is not worth the risk.

1 Like

Поддерживает ли СНГ ранний запуск ELAM anti-malware protection?