"Ethernet adapter vEthernet (WSL)" cant create with installed Comodo

It would be interesting and helpful to Comodo to know if there are users out there using the same windows version and using a certain CIS version on which WSL2 works nicely.
It may lead to a good solution for the current WSL2 issue.

Anyone?

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎11/‎9/‎2020
OS build 19042.630
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

CIS
v12.2.2.7062 Beta 2 - Tried on a machine I’m about to wipe: Could not create a new WSL2 instance.
v12.2.2.7036 - Could not create a new WSL2 instance.
v12.0.0.6882 - As others indicated, works as far as I know.

PS C:\WSL\Ubuntu> .\ubuntu2004.exe
Installing, this may take a few minutes...
WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80041002
Error: 0x80041002 (null)
Press any key to continue...

Thank you for reporting. That’s very helpful. :slight_smile: :-TU

Anyone else having a working WSL2 experience on the same (or other) Windows 10 version with a certain CIS version?

Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 Installed on ‎12-‎Sep-‎20 OS build 19042.630 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

Works fine with Comodo 12.0.0.6882 (for about 15 days).

Great to hear Condor06. Thank you for reporting it. :slight_smile: :-TU

Are there more users with a working WSL2 on a certain Windows 10 version with a certain CIS version?

Was WSL2 issue fixed in this update?
I understand “No welcome screen at startup” is very important to be #2 in the list, but WSL2 bug was reported a half of year ago.
Users started to uninstall Comodo because of this bug.

So?

UPDATE::: Error 0x80041002
WSL2 doesn’t work
Hyper-V Switch cannot be recreated

just joke… (сглазил **)
I’ll try to return at 12.0.0.6882

Seems to be fixed, at least for my case.
Comodo version : 12.2.2.7062
Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎03/‎05/‎2020
OS build 19042.662
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

just for interest:

1. start any wsl2 distribution

2. open cmd.exe as Administrator

3. insert

wsl --shutdown
wsl -l -v

1. reboot Windows system

Repeat 2 times & post the result cmd.exe->“wsl -l -v”, pls!

Ps: second attempt failed for me…

The issue persists on 7062, with the same error.

I cannot confirm. The issue still exists and it is not possible to use WSL2 with 12.2.2.7062 installed.

Adding another here. Docker for Windows can’t start with the current version of COMODO (same error reported 0x80041002) a required piece of software for the work I do.
I followed a different post on these forums to rollback to a June/July version. that did get things working, but the thought of running my Antivirus/Firewall 6 months out of date really skeeves me out.
Beyond that, as of this last weekend, I started getting the incessant trying to update virus signatures failure. I could ignore, but it would pop up again (often stealing focus) every couple of minutes. This is sadly driving me to the point of searching for a COMODO replacement. As a developer it’s infuriating that they can know which version of which dll rolling back to will fix the issue, but so far no fix?
I hope this isn’t goodbye, guess that’ll teach me to pay for a year in advance :confused:

It looks like CIS version 12.2.2.7036 also blocks the installation of VirtualBox and VMware Workstation virtual network adapter drivers. After I returned to version 12.0.0.6882, I have no problems not only with the installation of the WSL2 virtual network adapter (Hyper-V), but also with the installation of the VirtualBox and VMware virtual network adapters that were before. I thought Windows 10 itself was to blame for this.
Now with the CIS version 12.0.0.6882 installed, I have no problems, even the CIS diagnostics ends without errors. I will not upgrade to the new version 12.2.2.7062 until I am convinced that these problems have been fixed in it.

Hi All,

Our development team has found a solution for this issue. The fix patch will be added in the upcoming release. We will make it as earlier as possible.

Hi C.O.M.O.D.O RT !

Thanks to you and the developers for the good news! :slight_smile:
We will all look forward to it!

Just wasted almost a full day tracking down this issue to COMODO Firewall. Been using it nonstop for 10 years+ so imagine my shock when I uninstalled and Docker immediately started working again.

Best news today!

Occurred again. It’s really exhausting that every Windows update produces the same issue anew. Any permanent solution or should I switch to another product?

wait mode ON

I confirm that, the latest version Comodo Internet Security 2020 v12.2.2.7098 Released - News / Announcements / Feedback - CIS - Comodo Forum still has the issue.

Is there any workaround till Comodo fix it officially ?