"Ethernet adapter vEthernet (WSL)" cant create with installed Comodo

He not alone with this problem. I know some people (include me too) who has a this bug, and it bug not done. Docker desktop work on hyper-v switch. Comodo has blocking action a hyper-v switch initialization.

This makes WSL2 unusable, because Comodo is installed. Sounds kind of like the same issue to me. The difference is, that you are also trying to make a difference between 2 parts in a bigger problem. Obviously, we need to have the whole problem fixed, not only parts of it.

Yes, it happened for me too, but on version 7036. Working some time, and next reboot has blocking hyper-v switch initialization. And for best use practice, can u response my question - hyper-v switch not be created or something block Hyper-v Switch<->Windows host traffic when u testing CIS v12.2.2.7062 [unofficial release]?

Docker is not WSL2 hence not the same they are two different software packages, the main issue is if the hyper-v Ethernet adapter is able to be created at system startup with CIS installed. If hyper-v switch does start but docker does not start then it is a different issue.

Why don’t you check for yourself hence I specifically asked to check with the new build.

Second restart today and again > error 0x80041002.

at least i could get wsl2, docker and vs code running once. It’s genius!

So, please fix this problem!

The count of install-remove cycles for a Comodo product is enormous.
An attempt to save wasted time and nerve cells.

I was super happy to hear that this version resolved the issues with WSL 2 but unfortunately it doesn’t >:( I uninstalled the previous version and ran the Comodo Uninstaller Tool before installing 7062, however I still have Docker crashing as soon as I start it because of error code 0x80041002. In the Event Viewer I get the following events:

HNS-Network-Create :- 
 ID di rete = '{c08cb7b8-9b3c-408e-8e30-5e16a3aeb444}'.
 Tipo di rete = 'ICS'.
  Codice risultato = '0x80041002'. 

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
        <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Host-Network-Service" Guid="{0c885e0d-6eb6-476c-a048-2457eed3a5c1}" />
        <EventID>1013</EventID>
        <Version>0</Version>
        <Level>2</Level>
        <Task>0</Task>
        <Opcode>0</Opcode>
        <Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>
        <TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-10-18T12:01:51.9708320Z" />
        <EventRecordID>1278</EventRecordID>
        <Correlation />
        <Execution ProcessID="2988" ThreadID="3352" />
        <Channel>Microsoft-Windows-Host-Network-Service-Admin</Channel>
        <Computer>DESKTOP-PUS11B2</Computer>
        <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    <EventData>
        <Data Name="Parameter0">HNS-Network-Create</Data>
        <Data Name="Parameter1">{c08cb7b8-9b3c-408e-8e30-5e16a3aeb444}</Data>
        <Data Name="Parameter2">7</Data>
        <Data Name="Parameter3">0x80041002</Data>
    </EventData>
</Event>

HNS non è riuscito a creare la NIC interna con errore = '0x80041002', ID = '6AE4A725-973F-420B-AF24-AA3EDEDD8C26' e nome descrittivo = 'Default Switch'.

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
        <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Host-Network-Service" Guid="{0c885e0d-6eb6-476c-a048-2457eed3a5c1}" />
        <EventID>1002</EventID>
        <Version>0</Version>
        <Level>2</Level>
        <Task>0</Task>
        <Opcode>0</Opcode>
        <Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>
        <TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-10-18T12:01:51.9634015Z" />
        <EventRecordID>1277</EventRecordID>
        <Correlation />
        <Execution ProcessID="2988" ThreadID="3352" />
        <Channel>Microsoft-Windows-Host-Network-Service-Admin</Channel>
        <Computer>DESKTOP-PUS11B2</Computer>
        <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    <EventData>
        <Data Name="Parameter0">0x80041002</Data>
        <Data Name="Parameter1">6AE4A725-973F-420B-AF24-AA3EDEDD8C26</Data>
        <Data Name="Parameter2">Default Switch</Data>
    </EventData>
</Event>

I’m pretty much desperate, I like Comodo firewall but I cannot live without WSL2 so any feedback/help is appreciated or I will have to uninstall it

Confirm that I have the same error running version 12.2.2.7062 which is on beta at the moment of writing. It seems that Comodo still prevents the NIC from being created >:(

Same here, and very annoyed by this issue.

The Interface vEthernet (WSL) doesn’t even appears in the Window control panel !
I’ve tried to uncheck the comodo driver in the properties of the interface as a workaround but then comodo crash !

It’s a pity !!!

Please solve this problem !

Guys anything? I was using COMODO for a LOOONG time, and had to uninstall it because of this reason, when this will be fixed?

For the past few days with version 7602 the vEthernet (Default Switch) NIC suddenly started being created and when I started Docker the WSL NIC was also created, thus everything worked fine. Until this morning… The first time I started of the computer the vEthernet NIC did not get created, so I restarted the computer and this time it got created but then the WSL NIC didn’t. It seems a joke, it’s months that the issue has been reported and it should have already been fixed. As I said I like the firewall product, but in recent times I really believe that Comodo as a company doesn’t invest the adequate amount of resources on its development as updates are more a miracle than something that happens regularly and the product itself seems abandoned . I know that an opinion of a random user doesn’t really matter for them, but I wouldn’t suggest Comodo anymore in these times

Can we know if developers are working actively on fixing this bug or not? I’m really struggling with this on multiple computers, and I’m at one step from uninstall Comodo because I need WSL 2

100% Agree !

I did uninstalled comodo on all my computers because of this bug. Waiting for comodo to solve it…
Did they even start to correct this ???

Thank you very much for this, user_01, you saved my day! Few Windows restarts and WSL2 working fine (for now), I hope that it will stay that way!
I really need Comodo up and running, so I do not wanted to uninstall it (as suggested on few places as a only solution).

Been going crazy the last couple of days until I found this thread.

I just use the stand alone firewall - is there any version of it that currently works?

Same problem here, and I’m not using Docker. I’m just trying to start WSL2.

What happened:

1. Couldn’t convert WSL1 to WSL2. Found this thread back in June 2020. Postponed conversion to WSL2 thinking it will be solved by now.
  2. Came back to this thread. Found the link to install the beta version (only released end of September…)
  3. Installed beta firewall
  4. Conversion from WSL1 to WSL2 completed successfully yesterday, the error message didn’t reappear. WSL2 seems to start correcty
  5. 12 hours later, after exactly 2 restarts, WSL 2 doesn’t start. Same error: “Error: 0x80041002 Press any key to continue…”
  6. Back to this thread to see that Comodo isn’t taking the matter seriously
  7. Tried to convert WSL2 to WSL1: not possible, same error
  8. Next step = uninstall Comodo and just live with Windows Firefwall :-TU

Maybe you have already read the previous posts in which users report that version 6882 works well with WSL2.
Wouldn’t it be a temporary solution for you to install 6882 until they have fix the issue?

The version 6882 didn’t work for me.

I tried ZoneAlarm, and it works well with WSL2.
Tinywall, works as well. Check the changelog, you’ll see the version 3.0.7 - Maintenance release (12.07.2020.) clearly states that they add specific functionality for WSL and WSL2. (https://tinywall.pados.hu/changelog.txt)

Do Comodo care about WSL2 support ? I don’t think so.

To provide help to other users which are having the same WSL2 issue, which previous CIS version did work for you regarding WSL2?

Windows update brings changes about WSL2 (see tinywall changelog). Comodo did not release any update specific to WSL2, that’s might be the problem.

This is my windows version :
Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎03/‎05/‎2020
OS build 19042.630
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0