Error 119

WHEN I TRY TO UPDATE MY COMODO FIREWALL I GET ERROR 119 DOWNLOADED FILE NOT SIGNED BY COMODO… CONTACT SUPPORT!!! CAN ANYONE HELP? i NEED TO GET MY UPDATE…

Hi,

Does this happen all the time? Perhabs it is falling to download the updates properly.

THIS IS THE FIRST TIME…BUT I HAVE NOW TRIED TO UPDATE 3 MORE TIMES BUT STILL GET THE SAME ERROR MESSAGE # 119

Hi ukmediaman,
We have added another layer of security since last updates that updates can not be hacked. Earlier that was possible. After Updater downloads updates, for every .exe/.dll/.sys it verifies if it’s digitally signed by COMODO or not.

The error you are getting is b’caz downloaded file is found to be not signed by COMODO.
Here what i need from you to investigate further:

1. Assuming you have OS installed in ‘C’ drive, go to
    ‘C:\Documents and Settings<USER NAME>\Application Data\Comodo\Firewall Pro\Data\TempFiles’. This folder contains files downloaded by updater.

2. Right click every .exe/.dll/.sys file there and select ‘Properties’, in that check if you see ‘Digital Signatures’ tab or not.

Please verify this so that we can take next step to resolve the issue.

Thanks
-umesh

Hi ukmediaman

You’re in good hands here to get this fixed so I’m just going to give you a bit of Forum Etiqutte advise.

When posting in online forums, it’s considered “Bad Form” to post in ALL CAPS. Caps are considered a way to show that you’re “SHOUTING” or upset about something, so please remove the caps lock when posting on forums in the future.

Hope you get this issue fixed, Good Luck!

Dave

Hi,
I’m using CFP-3.0.18.309
and I ever get this errormessage:
“Error 119: Downloaded file is not signed by COMODO. This is only possible if update process has been hijacked by some malicious application or updates have been re-directed to wrong sources”
So update via CFP is impossible.

I can download the complete CFP-file to install but than I lost my settings.

What can I do?

Ralle

You can go to miscellaneous/manage my configuration and export your current settings. Then do a clean reinstall and import them again. Do you get this message when you try to do an update from within CFP3 at miscellaneous/check for updates?

Yes, and when CFP checked by itself for updates.

Are you using Vista? If so, try turning UAC off or running CFP as an administrator.

No XP/SP2

Having the same problem on a Vista Home Premium laptop (no probs with previous updates or with current update on XP Pro machine).

UAC is off.

Following files are present in TempfFiles folder (drive:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Comodo\FireWall Pro\Data\TempFiles - not path mentioned above.)
cfp.exe
cfpconfg.exe
cfplogvw.exe
cfpres.dll
cfpver.dat
cmdGuard.sys
guard32.dll

All appear to be digitally signed EXCEPT cfpver.dat.

Just deleted all files in TempFiles and reran the update. Download failed at 92% with Error 119.

Hello,
When I chose to update to 3.0.19 from 3.0.18 I received an error message that the download was not signed by Comodo and that it is a possible Hijack.
When I presses again on update, Comodo “forgot” that the file was unsigned and installed the files that were downloaded on the 1st session.
I suspect the following: When Comodo downloads a file and sees that it is unsigned - it does not delete it. on the next update, comodo sees that an update already exists on the computer, does not check it for signature and automatically installs it.
I’d like to hear your comments.

Did you 1) do an update from within CFP 3.0.18 or 2) did you download the installation file for 3.0.19?

If 1), you are the first and only to report this.

If 2) the download URL should be forwarded to Comodo for verification.

Ewen :slight_smile:

I did get this as well this morning but the 2nd attempt to update worked fine.

Error 119: Downloaded file is not signed by COMODO. This is only possible if update process has been hijacked by some malicious application or updates have been re-directed to wrong sources. Please contact support

Windows XP
Service Pack 2

Version 3.0.19.318

1. I did the update from within CFP
  2. I did not see any previous reports of this problem.
  3. I cannot forward the download URL since I made the update from withing CFP, unless you can direct me how to obtain this information (perhaps from whinin one of the log files).

I will combine this with the bug report that Comodo Staff is looking at on error 119.

Hi Guys,
There is another possibility that at times module checking if a file is signed or not failing in that particular PC. So it may not have been really hijacked.
Regarding:

I suspect the following: When Comodo downloads a file and sees that it is unsigned - it does not delete it. on the next update, comodo sees that an update already exists on the computer, does not check it for signature and automatically installs it.

This is how updater works:
Whatever files are available for update are first checked if they are already available in temp folder, as last update may have been aborted for some reasons. If we find that file integrity is intact(SHA check), we don’t download that file again, it helps in reducing bandwidth usage for not downloading files which have been completely downloaded once, as in past in V2.x users had to download all over if update was aborted. So this is one of the significant change in CFP 3.0

If you see a binary (.dll/.exe/.sys) is signed and you are still getting that error, you can manually copy that file to respective location related to CFP installation. As it could be simple case that file is really signed but updater is failing to verify it’s digitally signed.

Thanks
-umesh

Today got a message to update then error 119

Error 119: Downloaded file is not signed by COMODO. This is only possible if update process has been hijacked by some malicious application or updates have been re-directed to wrong sources. Please contact support.

So here I am!

could it be that the download is corrupt?