Error 119

I got the same error when I updated within the firewall.

Error 119: Downloaded file is not signed by COMODO. This is only possible if update process has been hijacked by some malicious application or updates have been re-directed to wrong sources. Please contact support.

I’m very nervous about the security of my computer, which is the reason why I like COMODO so much. I know you guys say “it’s not possible for it to be hijacked,” but I was taught to be paranoid. It’s just not probable that it’s hijacked.

I’m using Windows XP

When checking for updates I get told there is one but after downloading it , it comes up with Error 119. Whats going on?

I’m using XP also

Hi – this is my first post at Comodo support. I rec’d a message, error 119 today, after using Comodo’s firewall for about two weeks. It said that, I believe, the update file that I rec’d did not have Comodo’s digital signature or certificate on it, so that it could have been altered by malware. Later I ran the diagnostics tool and just ‘booting’ that up it gave me two messages of concern. What does one do in such a situation?

Many thanks.

so where is this temp exe file it is locating and flagging? If we delete it will it redownload a now verifiable exe?
I cleared my temp folder under user/local
(running Vista SP1 RC)

Hi Guys,
Please wait for next update, there is a remote possibility that digital signing check may time out, we are going to remove that possibility also in next update.

If you get an error like this, you can attempt again to update, if it’s really time out case, you will succeed in updating in new few tries.

Thanks
-umesh

Could you please give a small instruction for a ‘Newbie’ what I have to do to run the update/to get the newest verson of CFP without lost my preferences?

Thanks.

Ralle

Hi Ralle,
If you are getting error 119,
what you should do is go to following folder (aasuming you are using XP OS)
[OS Drive]:\Documents and Settings\umesh\Application Data\Comodo\Firewall Pro\Data\TempFiles

and if you see any .exe/.dll/.sys file, right click on it and go to Properties window and see if you find ‘Digital Signature’ tab in it, if you find, cut that file and move to respective installation location and then re-run update.

Thanks
-umesh

The funniest is still that upgrading CFP causes the new program files to be send back for verification thru BoClean (and as if bandwidth comes for free).

The funniest is still that upgrading CFP causes the new program files to be send back for verification thru BoClean (and as if bandwidth comes for free).

Can you please explain more ?
How BOC is sending any file! it doesn’t do anything like that.

Would appreciate, if you could explain here behavior you are seeing.

Thanks
-umesh

There’s this Comodo Application Control Icon (Safe List File Submission) that collects anything new, including as said the update stuff installed for CFP so that they can be entered into your database of safe applications, which i presume communicates a signature back to the local definition store. This icon and activity started showing when BOC was installed, so what else is it… a, right click properties… it’s part of Comodo AV… still from the same house.

Hi Umesh,

Sorry, I did what you wrote but I get still ERROR 119.

Ralle

Attemped on several occasions to update from v3.0.18 to v3.0.20 from using the “Check for updates” function and was greeted by the following:

Error 119: Downloaded file is not signed by COMODO. This is only possible if update process has been hijacked by some malicious application or updates have been re-directed to wrong sources. Please contact support.

I am getting a sinking feeling that because of this issue I may have to re-install CFP v3.

Getting a little bored of re-installing CFP v3. (:AGY)

I have removed it from my production boxes for the time being.

axl.

I’m aware of several users (and myself) having update problems in general. I think that is a bug with the software. For now you should manually download updates and we shall wait and see.

I have been trying to update my Comodo since early March and have been receiving either 119 : “Download file is not signed by Comodo. This is only possible if update process has been hijacked by some malicious application or updates have been redirected to wrong sources. Please contact support”. The few times I have not received error 119, I have received the internet connection lost error (error 109?). Anyway, my current Comodo version is 3.0.17.304 on an XP PRO desktop with a 56k modem (and I usually try to wait until I have a 40k or better connection before letting the firewall attempt to update). Please help as I’m out of ideas, really don’t want to have to change firewalls again (my Comodo is replacing a very sluggish freeware firewall I had used previously) or go through the uninstall/reinstall Comodo work, and I’m tired of wasting my time on downloads that won’t come through. Thank you. LS

Can you put a link to the manual update. I hope this isn’t a silly question but do I have to uninstall the version that I currently have

where are the updates please?

I got this error 119 last March 29, so instead of clicking finish, I clicked cancel. So this means, whatever is said not signed by comodo is not launched/installed into my system? I tried to checked updates again thru Miscellaneous tab and then hit next for the notified updates and everything went well now. The update was installed. I verified that I successfully updated from 3.0.20.320 to 3.0.21.329. My concern is that, how can i be sure that the update went fine really. I mean, I’m still protected, right?