Disabling your account [merged topic]

Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place to ask.

I want to deactivate this account because of

• No longer using comodo… or Windows
  • GDPR laws giving right to erase my online data

I have tried contacting mods but most of them seem to have been inactive for years.
Any other mod or admin that could help me?

Thanks

Hi Thorium232. I have merged your topic with an already existing topic. Please check your pm.

Where can i submit a request to delete forum account?

Moderator message:
Several years ago, the decision was made to not delete user account when requested, as we found that it often “broke” forum topics.

What we do is to rename your account (so your account name cannot be searched), change the password (so you cannot login) and change the email address associated with the account (so you no longer receive email alerts).

Please reply to this message and we will make these changes for you.

I repeat my request. Where can i send a message to delete account.
Please help.

Where can i submit a request to delete forum account?

Hi pmal,

Several years ago, the decision was made to not delete user account when requested, as we found that it often “broke” forum topics.

What we do is to rename your account (so your account name cannot be searched), change the password (so you cannot login) and change the email address associated with the account (so you no longer receive email alerts).

Please reply to this message and I’ll make these changes for you.

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Hello Comodo forum Admin,

Can I please DELETE my Forum Account??

In other words, Will you please
Rename my Account
Change the Password
And
Change the Email Address associated with the account

Please confirm. Thank You!!

STILL want to DELETE my forum account, Please!

Login credentials and details changed as per your request.

Adieu :slight_smile:

Login credentials and account details have been changed, as per your request.

Adieu :slight_smile:

Hello,

I understand that forum accounts aren’t “deleted” in the traditional sense; rather, an admin modifies my username and password such that I can’t access it anymore. Please consider this my request to disable my forum account.

Thank you.

Done!!

Please disable my account also.

Done!

Hello Comodo Forum Admin,

Please arrange to:-
Rename my Account
Change the Password
And
Change the Email Address associated with the account

Apologies for the inconvenience, although it’s only recently created I’ve since been made aware it is no longer needed.

Thank you

Regards

All done - take care :slight_smile:

I’d like to delete this account as well please, or at least deactivate (change the username, password, email…).

This is my only post on this forum so I guess you could delete the account without problems, but whatever’s better for you.

Thanks

All done as per your request

I was searching for a way to delete my account too, and since this is somewhat recent thread, if you’re reading this, I’m requesting you to make the changes to my account too so that you don’t have my information anymore. Thank you.

Done as requested - take care

Also looking to remove my account. Thank you to whoever does and best wishes to you in the future.