[CRITICAL BUG] CPF.exe and User Profile Hives.

I had this problem and seen it in the system logs but Didnt know what it was. I haven’t used this tool before although I think I may look at it later. I don’t get this error anymore. Didnt know if it was because of Antivir or comodo. Those were the only products on that particualr setup of mine. It seems to be gone for now.

Ehgreg, UPHClean will tell you for sure if the problem is there or not. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hello Tarun

You will be glad to hear that I did not get the UPHClean error messages in event viewer with the new CFP 3.0.10.238 Beta. I had one 1501 error that was XP system related, I think it was because I did not log out but merely restarted.

So looks like the new version is good.

John

I’ll have to install it on my test machine to verify if there are any issues. It’ll also let me test UPHClean 2.0 beta. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m getting the impression that they don’t seem to be too interested in fixing this.

I have been using UPHClean v 1.6.30 for several years. I am using XP SP2 on a Pentium D 3.0 GHz as well. However, I only have one profile set up and it is an administrator account. I originally installed UPHClean to get rid of Event Viewer errors related to Fast User Switching between users with Limited Accounts, but have left it installed even though I no longer use such accounts. I have just recently installed this firewall (v 2.4.18.184) and have not experienced any problems with it thus far. I used to use ZA Free but switched due to performance issues it created.

I’m amazed that nearly a month has passed and there has been nothing said other than to “please keep waiting”.

This might be machine-independent and might also have nothing to do CFP (don’t know), but I also have the user profile issue in the Event Log. However, this is if I log off / shutdown the PC soon after logging in. By soon I mean within 1-2 minutes. It almost feels like Windows needs a bit of time for everything to properly load first and then to log off.

Soyabeaner,
I can reproduce that issue on every computer here at my home.

Consider it confirmed.

I only described what happened on my pc to replicate the issue, no more no less.

After months of “we are looking into this issue” which appears was simply stalling until v3 of Comodo came out, I was told to upgrade to Comodo v3.

This is not a solution to the issue, especially considering the neglect this issue received despite numerous users posts.

The message I received was:

Hi,
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Now You can download the latest release 3.0.13.268 from  http://personalfirewall.comodo.com and uninstall the existing,  restart the computer and install the latest.

It will fix your issue.

For more info, Please do refer our forum..
https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews/comodo_ firewall_pro_3_has_been_released-t14915.0.html

Regards
Malcolm
Technical Support

Ticket Details
===================
Ticket ID: EJZ-989317
Department: PC Security Software
Priority: Urgent

I have replied twice seeking further assistance but I have not had any replies. My issue was completely ignored, put off with “our developers are working on this issue, please continue to wait” until Comodo v3 was released.

Tarun

support is not the right people to help you with this at this stage. Development on this very fluid and developers do engage with users here more often than they engage with the support personnell to be honest. We find that this works better.

We are about to make a release today (fingers crossed). Lets get this release out of the way, then we can get dev guys to take a look what you are reporting.

thank you for your patience. We do sincerely appreciate it and grateful for your support.

thanks
Melih