CPF 3.0.10.238 BETA 32-Bit Bug Reports

Remember it is a beta. They are trying to fix bugs for the average computer. Not many people use 120DPI. But i do remember someone at the wilders who also used 120DPI and it worked. When i change to 120DPI it warns you about fonts. You may not have the correct font installed for that size so it increases the size of the application so the fonts fit.

Hi Guys,

Thank you all for the feedback.

Important Information for the bug reports :

While reporting bugs, please include the following information :

1 - Operating System and Service Pack(This makes great difference)
2 - Other Security Software installed,
3 - If BSOD is observed, memory dump if possible

Thanks,
Egemen

I installed it like you said(not in safe mode), disabled all other running processes that weren’t needed for Windows to run, and now it works, thanks!
I’ve uninstalled the antikeyloggers now that CPF 3 is working.

Ragwing

Didn’t see a thread for CFP 3.0.10.238 BETA bugs, so I thought I’d start this thread.

Problem since 3.0.8.214:

Icons at top of Comodo (SUMMARY, FIREWALL, DEFENSE+, MISCELLANEOUS) do not appear. Nothing shows up but a white background.

Setup:

AMD 4800+
DFI motherboard
Dell 2405 LCD, 1920x1200
Nvidia 7950 GX2 , driver version 167.29
Vista Ultimate 32-bit
NOD32
AVG Anti-Spyware

The only version I get icons is 3.0.8.214. Changing nothing, when I go back to version 3.0.8.214 the icons appear.

Edit: Might be related to the 120 DPI thread above … will test and see.

Edit**: The icons appeared when I changed to the 96 DPI default. Even though this works it is too small for a 24 inch LCD …

Pharma

Still having a problem with Firefox 2.0.0.8 not shutting down properly. Task manager cannot kill Firefox when Comodo firewall is in operation. Had to uninstall Comodo again and reinstall ZoneAlarm, which solved this particular problem. Am I the only one experiencing this problem?

Windows Vista 32 Home Premium with all Microsoft updates on Dell Dimension E521 with AMD Dual Core 3800+ 2.00 GHz

2 - Other Security Software installed,
Avira Antivir, Windows Defender, BOClean

3 - If BSOD is observed, memory dump if possible
N/A

You probably accidentally denied task manager from killing firefox. Go into the rules and delete the ones for both firefox and task manager. Open firefox and task manager. Accept connections for firefox or whatever. Try to kill firefox again and if an alert comes up allow. But even then, the alert comes up in custom policy mode only. So i am sure some other software is doing it.

The previous beta version of Comodo (CFP 3.0.9.229) worked great for me. However, I uninstalled it to upgrade to the latest beta release (CFP 3.0.10.238), but ran into a huge problem.

*cmdagent.exe - SYSTEM, I think it’s called, runs at 100% CPU usage. I tried some general troubleshooting where I looked into the configuration to see if Comodo was busy mass blocking an app. or something, I tried disabling logs, anything that maybe wouldn’t make it run at 100%. Tried to diagnostic tool in Comodo and even a reinstall.

Anyways, didn’t work.

1.) WinXP Home 32bit, Service Pack 3, v.3205.
2.) No other security software exists in the background, tho’ I do have the free version of Ad-Aware 2007.
3.) I havn’t a clue to what you mean. ???

Oh, I forgot to mention that each time I uninstalled I got this message (See attached Image):

[attachment deleted by admin]

@hairbautt
Service pack 3 for xp??? where did you get that from?

Anyway… the only “bug” I have found so far in this new beta is the problem with the 8.3 naming format. I have already reported this for the previous version. This is not critical but can be annoying for the not-so-patient users as it leads to always returning popups. So if a program or its path is named using this 8.3 format, cpf wont remember it…A rule will be there, but it will ask for the same thing always.
For example I have a file with this path: …\PROGRA~1\xyz.exe and I create a rule for it as “trusted application” but after a reboot if this program tries to do sg cpf will alert me again despite the rule being there. If I switch to training mode it will learn it each and every time the program starts os does sg and as a result there are countless “clone” rules of the same application in computer security policy.

Most of the bugs which were reported in previous version are still present in the newest beta. I’m disappointed. :frowning: And this is the last beta ?? 88) I don’t know why Comodo CA Ltd. is trying to release unfinished product. Anyway, I won’t repeat myself. I’ll just give you links to my previous posts with bug reports which are also present in this beta:

- The newest beta fails ICMP Echo Request test on Shields UP!!;
- Adjusting ports in ‘A Port Range’ works incorrectly;
- Ports aren’t verified when creating a new rule;
- Viewing detailed Defense+ Events logs by clicking ‘More’ button cause incorrect column
[url=https://forums.comodo.com/32_bit_bug_reports/ports_arent_verified_when_creating_a_new_rule-t12182.0.html;msg93104#msg93104]- The firewall’s ‘Web Browser’ rule doesn’t allow the web browser to connect and download from FTP(I had to use ‘Trusted App…’ rule);

• ‘My Pending Files’ window can be minimalized but you can’t do anything else in CFP then.(disable minimalize option or allow other activities in CFP);
  • Some windows should have ‘Minimalize’ option enabled just like CFP: Log Viewer, eg. Active Connections, Firewall/Defense+ Events;
  • In Summary there should be links for quick access to Firewall/Defense+ Events just like in CFP 2.4;[/url]
    - CFP cause high HDD activity(probably caused by logging firewall/defense+ events)

[url=https://forums.comodo.com/32_bit_bug_reports/ports_arent_verified_when_creating_a_new_rule-t12182.0.html;msg92617#msg92617]Small GUI bugs still present there. They’re not big but kinda annoying.

• You cannot restore CFP GUI window through tray icon if CFP GUI is already minimalized.
  • ‘Traffic’ in ‘Summary’ is still refreshed too slowly.
  • ‘Active Connection’ window acts weird(may cause CFP to freeze) if there is a lot of connections at once ( uTorrent + some other apps).[/url]

New in this verion:

• Defense+ Events doesn’t log anything although logging is enabled;

Active protection: Avira Antyvir(the latest freeware version)
Passive protection: HOSTS file, Sbybot Search & Destroy, SpywareBlaster.

Off-topic, but to answer your question, you can get the BETA of SP3 from torrent sites, but I don’t recommend you to download it, as it’s for testing only(like CPF3), so it might crash your system.

Ragwing

Thx Ragwing. I also came across with it on these not so official sources like two months ago but I read its full of bugs and it wont be official till the first quarter of 2008. I couldn’t believed he is testing beta software on a beta operating system lol. I wouldn’t dare. So when I first saw that he has sp3 I thought “omg its already out?” At that moment a beta sp was not an option in my brain ;D.
(V)

When cfp is being initalized,it takes a long time.
AV:Avira Antivir Premium

Ah, I hadn’t even thought of it as being an issue with the beta SP. So far I haven’t had any trouble with either of them (v.3180 included, that is).

Cheers.

Firewall - ‘View Firewall Events’
& Firewall - ‘View Defense events’ ====================================================
These windows do not display the logged information in the new beta 3.0.10.238
Tried reinstalling, clearing all trace registry keys, all reference folders etc - no success.
The Miscellaneous - Settings - logging - disable options are unchecked

Edit - some logging has finally been displayed - but the function is not working effeciently

Summary - The traffic section

The traffic section continues to show applications which had traffic but are no longer connected, this also does not immediately display that are connected.

If the system service “Terminal Services” is disabled , CFP will take a long time to be initialized .
AV: Avira AntiVir

UI bug report:

1. Go and disable logging.
  2. Go to firewall logs.
  3. Click “more” and in the log viewer clear away all logged events.
  4. Close event viewer, close firewall logs.
  5. Open firewall logs.

You will get an error pop-up. This only happens once per log clearing.

Hi Guys
I installed this new beta on my vista laptop and all works extremely well. I tried it on my xp desktop and it wouldn’t remember what I allowed which included BO Clean, Outlook 2003, A2 anti malware, Spybot, spyware blaster etc. I had to go back to the previous version which works sensationally on XP.
shadha

Please include this:

2 - Other Security Software installed

Also, I run CPF with Terminal Services disabled, but it starts fast for me.
How much RAM and what CPU do you have? For me it runs fine with 2.03Ghz and 768MB RAM.
Also, have you ‘tweaked’ the prefetch service by setting it to ‘5’(which is an invalid number)?
This will result in an overall slow start-up of Windows.

Ragwing

Not a bug. Well atleast not for everyone else. If you tick the box for the first time than it will stay ticked until you untick it which will make it stay unticked.

If you use a hostname in the destination address in a rule then the rule can’t resolve the name to an IP and the rule will not work, but if you go to My Network Zones and make a zone using the same hostnames then make a rule using the zone it will resolve the hostname to an ip.

WinXP SP2 fully patched. Fresh install with default settings.

Did this on the last beta also.

jasper