Comodo v12.2.2.8012 blocking installation of network adapters

While Comodo is installed the VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter - required by VirtualBox and Genymotion to function properly - is blocked from being installed.
Also an adaptor required by NetBalancer cannot be installed either.

I have to uninstall Comodo, install the two above and then install Comodo back.
Took me a while to figure this out. Comodo doesn’t even tell that it’s doing any blocking.

I haven’t tried newer versions of Comodo, but has this been resolved in a newer version?

Hi Emerald,

Thank you for reporting.
Are you installed any other security software other than CIS ?
Kindly check with the below CIS beta version and let us know your feedback.
https://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/9010_beta/CIS_2024_beta_2.exe
If the issue persist, kindly share us the win, virtual box and genymotion version.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

No other security software installed.

Cannot install 2024 beta 2:
From the logs: “Installation success or error status: 1603.”, “OS Build 19042.1288 or later required. Unsupported.

Could you tell the devs to make the installer include the cause text too in the error message box, as just “Error 1603. Fatal error during installation.” isn’t helpful.
And could the minimum required OS be also mentioned under system requirements in the Comodo Internet Security 2024 v12.3.1.8104 beta thread?

What was even funnier was that the beta installer tested for presence of old installation first, refused to uninstall the old installation telling me to do it manually. And only after I uninstalled the old one the beta installer tested if my OS meets the minimum requirement and refused to install. Had to install my old one again…

My OS is locked from being upgraded so I cannot test the beta.
But what I can tell you is that I’m using latest VirtualBox, v7.0.12 and latest Genymotion, v3.6.0.
Maybe the COMODO devs themselves can verify and guarantee that the beta has no issue of blocking network adapter installations.

HI Emerald,

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Could you please run the below ciscleanuptool and install CIS beta version & check the issue ?
http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/ciscleanuptool/CisCleanupTool_x64_3.1.0.45.exe
However we will test your case and update you.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT