COMODO Time Machine Wishlist

Please, i need compatibility to TrueCrypt.

Hi, all
Thanks for your suggestion. We will consider to implement this in future versions.

Best regards.

An option to not have CTM running as an background process. When I need the program I will open it, and I don’t care if I have to wait a few seconds extra, but there is not need to use resources on having CTM running in the background all the time. The scheduled tasks could be run by windows task scheduler.

I’m afraid that’s not possible - CTM is deeply integrated into system and keeps the track on the disk changes constantly.

I would suggest you focus on bug fixes before adding new abilities. Several install and reboot problem comments. Also BSOD or blank screen lockups.

Alot of work towards optimisation, it does noticeably slow down my PC during boot up and when the desktop appears it runs quite slow until the CTM icon appears in the system tray. Bit heavy on the resources, and It’s not a bad CPU
(C2D T6400, 3GB Ram. W7 HP)

Be compatible with system encryption sofware for e.g. Symantec Endpoint Encryption (SEE), TrueCrypt or others. It’s dangerous for me to sacrifice system data encryption features.

1. Works on multiply partitions (in the same disk).
  2. Compatibility with TrueCrypt.
  3. If possible, compatibility with Returnil (although, I’ll sacrifice Returnil to use Comodo Time Machine).

Are you asking or stating that it already does this? I find the latter to be true.

my wishlist
a better self-diagnostic utlity means:
in the event of a crash, bsod, etc
IT SHOULD CREATE the following
checking for errors
unknowns
What happened,before and afterwords along with a hardware info

that should be logged automaticly and sent to comodo

I would have to agree and say that’s an excellent idea!

No it’s not true… It does not support a multiply partition in the same disk.
Also, it does not support Truecrypt devices also (even I won’t Comodo restore that partition, neither it is the system - boot - one).

[attachment deleted by admin]

Isn’t it a well known fact that any of these ISR apps will not work with any encryption? On the other, I have to disagree. I have one disk, two partitions, Win XP and Win 7 Pro. CTM is installed, updated and used way more than normal. Never had a problem other than the occasional extra snapshot taken upon a restore even though I have the option set to not take one when a restore is made. It appears to only do it when a certain number of restores is reached and the extra snapshot is done from the console without my knowledge or consent. It will do it just after the compaction/defrag is done. You can’t tell that it’s being done from the console but I can see it has been added to the snapshot list after Win has booted up.

Support Intel Turbo Memory

CTM cannot be installed with Intel TM turned on (cant detect drive ID error). CTM can be installed with Intel TM off and it is also possible to turn Intel TM on again after installing CTM, however this is causing problems. It is not possible to reboot/turn off the laptop correctly after switching Intel TM on again. Laptop always hangs on the “turning off” screen. (Clean and tested system, problems occured right after installing CTM and turning on Intel TM).

2.6 seems to be working fine without Intel Turbo Memory.

Would be nice if CTM would also be able to restore the BCD. Then CTM could be used to recover from a /Boot/Bcd error on Vista and Win 7 machines. Currently it looks as if CTM does not include the BCD in the snapshots (not even in the baseline).
Sadly /Boot/Bcd errors do often occur on Vista and Win 7. The only way to recover from it is by using a windows setup or windows RE CD, but netbooks don’t have a CD player and most netbooks are delivered without a windows CD.

As far as I know, the bcd is just some hidden system file that windows uses during pre-boot state, though i might be wrong in that assumption.

I still wish to have the possibility of excluding folders from the snapshotting process as opposed to synchronizing after restore. The issue of synchronizing is that it fails on open files.

Cheers

Compatibility with avast! free antivirus, version 5.
see: https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-ctm/ctm-is-deactivating-avast-antivirus-t52394.0.html

Problem continues… I can’t even install CTM… :cry:

Comodo Time Machine 2.6.138262.166

I was asked to post my HDD partition table.
Hope the screenshot helps. I could get more info (technical) with gParted if necessary.

I’m a little bit scared to use CTM if it messes the MBR of a multi partition disk like said here: https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-ctm/comparison-with-go-back-t50329.0.html;msg379077#msg379077

Hmmm… something is telling me the problem could be Mozy and it’s virtual drive into My Computer.