COMODO Time Machine Wishlist

Hello together,
the programm is very good.

It would be better, if there is a RAID-support.

I gues, that the programm with RAID-support could be sold as a very usefull programm for future.

I understand that CTM can’t protect Linux partitions.
I understand it can’t protect TrueCrypt partitions also (although RollBack seems to restore the RAW disks also).
What I can’t understand is why it can’t be installed in a Windows partition, to protect ONLY the Windows partition! :frowning:
Why can’t I install it and use the protection only for the Windows one?
It is the same story of the old GoBack can’t be installed in multi OS systems.

It’s disappointing >:(

[attachment deleted by admin]

Its because the boot loader used to enable multi-booting uses the MBR and CTM needs it exclusively.

Ok. I’m using the Windows 7 boot loader and with EasyBCD I create an entry for Kubuntu.
After showing the Windows boot screen I go to Kubuntu and I have Grub installed in that partition specifically.
Still in this situation I can’t use CTM?

My initial wishes (basically about the GUI):

1. The font of the “installing” GUI (into console) could be really a better one, don’t you think.
  2. The squares (progress bar) into the console waiting to press the Home key would be really better with dots or spheres (like Kubuntu splash screen if you have already seen it).

Good to find the “Esc” key while optimizing snapshots (the feature is not present into Rollback if I remember correctly).

Add a compact (defrag) scheduled task option.

Is there a solution for the use of chkdsk and CTM?
I can’t run it and when Windows invoke it after a hard reset (power off), it can’t be executed due to the presence of CTM. Isn’t it corrupting the NTFS structure?

Some applications run at boot time (before logon and after Windows loads): O&O defrag, avast boot time scanning, etc. or with Windows console (chkdsk), for instance.
Isn’t it possible to develop a post boot interface (post console and Windows boot but before logon) that allows the minimum conditions (Windows and Comodo drivers) of running some tasks like chkdsk, defragmentation with 3rd party tools, antivirus scanning (and handling infected files)?
The necessary files for CTM will be loaded but the boot process will be halted and some tasks could be executed.

When we schedule more than one task to run at boot time, for instance chkdsk and defragmentation, Windows run them at correct order, i.e., chkdsk before, new boot, then the defragmentation… The running should be wait until CTM could load the necessary files to be running.

Well, maybe I’m dreaming… but as I could see in other applications, seems possible.

yeye

Definitely

+100000
:slight_smile:

Comodo does NOT work like this. It’s not a backup system, it’s a system restore tool. To backup, use Comodo Backup (when you can choose where to store the files).

1. A schedule task to defrag the snapshots (ctmcmd.exe /D) would be good.
  2. A way to choose and fix the choice between Tree view and Timeline view.
  3. A way to choose and fix the choice to open CTM in the Advanced mode all the times.

Option for do not make snapshots while using batteries.

A new system tray icon with “less” information.
The icon definition does not allow to see it clearly.
It does not seem to be the clock and the arrow around it…
Maybe just making a red ball with the arrow around it, removing the white parts.

[attachment deleted by admin]

As it seems that the user would uninstall CTM from time to time, to defrag the disk, etc. I would deeply ask for a “export/import” settings feature (the scheduled tasks, the options, etc.).

I just want raid support :slight_smile:

would be nice if compatible with imaging programs(paragon,macrium,commodo backup programs)i mean keeping the program installed and preserving snapshots.

Well… if you boot the computer with a live CD, the CTM drivers won’t be loaded.
It’s impossible to “see” the snapshots.
Only a full sector-to-sector backup will caught the snapshots if you boot with a live CD.

Suggest CTM automatically synchroize simutaneously the files the user chose at the time when CTM restores the computer enviroment before those files are opened, not at the time after CTM restores the computer enviroment when those files are opened.

I try my best to descrpt this desired function in English which is not my native language, hoping the developers could realize.Thanks.

tailshome, I think it would be very difficult to implement that… CTM would have to keep a list of what changed, be started when you open the file… Why wouldn’t you like the way it is? If you’re restoring a snapshot, then finish the job and synchronize the files on next boot. Just my opinion.