COMODO Time Machine 2.8.155286.178 released

I’m only say with v.2.6 defragmentation of system partititon was possible without uninstalling CTM, with v.2.8 is not. If you say that is illusion - OK, but take back that illusion.

Isn’t it the minutes when it runs?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yes seems you are right, but the default on mine is 1 so I thought maybe it would not run if set to 0. Mine seems ok but I have not restored yet.

Makes no sense… zero or 1 is the same…

Isn’t fragmentation a big deal? it is to me… Performance wise I have always seen a heavily fragmented drive as a huge performance killer… What does everyone do with CTM they just let the drive get out of control and say who cares?

The fragmentation done by Windows System Restore isn’t better. In my own tests, Windows is much worse than CTM on managing the restore points (than the snapshots).
The drive is far from being out of control. The performance issues occur mostly due to pagefile.sys and the registry hives, not all the files. Rollback RX allows defragmentation of third parties. Maybe we can expect this for CTM in the future.

Officially updated to the latest version which means uninstalling the older version first. After uninstalling old version defrag was done on XP and Win 7. CTM had been installed for over six months of HEAVY usage. XP was five percent fragmented and Win 7 two percent. I’ve also run Eaz-Fix Pro in the past and CTM is on par with it as far as keeping the drive well maintained in my opinion. Defrag with these types of restore apps in my opinion are not needed

Mine on Windows 7 was 500 files over more than 100.000 files.
The best for performance is allowing registry defrag and pagefile.sys (with in my system is big enough and fully defragmented).

Does anyone know of any possible future problems with deleting or renaming the comodo.theme? Doing this allows quite a bit of my native skin to be used in CTM GUI. I like the red skin theme but I like my msstyle better.

We strongly recommend use the latest version 2.8 , the 2.6 may cause serious problem in some extreme cases.

Can You offer (maybe internally) version 2.8 without defrag disable, regardless how silly sounds to you.

Sorry, we do not.
If enable defrag feature, the internal data of CTM could be destroyed.

Best Regards.

Hi,
Can I ask you why update is not supported in this version?
thanks.

+1

For technical reasons, update feature is not supported in this version, i am sorry for not providing more information. Certainly, the update feature will come back in future versions.

Best Regards.

The 178 version did NOT correct the 175 beta error while compacting snapshots.
When the routine finds an earlier snapshot, it stops.
It was reported before here in forums and you’ve promised it would have been addressed.

In order to provide a stable release, we only fix some critical bugs in 178 compared with 175. We will merge the bugfixs into future release. :wink:

Regards

Ok, herbzhang, thanks anyway.

Hi,

I’m new here in the forum and this is my first post.

My English is very bad, I’m from Germany and use an automatic translator to post here. Sorry. I would like to make a positive feedback.

CTM 2.6 and 2.8, I have successfully installed in a virtual Mashine (Virtual Box and XP/SP3, with 10 GB virtual hard drive, which used 5 GB.)

CTM 2.6 I could also easily uninstall.

The software funktoniert in my stable, fast and easy. to create snapshots only takes one to two seconds, and the restoration of a reboot done in minutes.

CTM should one day achieve the stable performance of software such as Roll Back RX, I would like to use it on my real PC. At the moment I see it as of yet.

Thanks in any case for this Freeeware that allows, in my opinion a whole new dimension of dealing with a PC.

Greetings from Germany

4ever

Welcome 4ever. That’s the idea :wink: