COMODO Time Machine 2.4.125818.154 FINAL Released!

The bigger question is can it work WITH Acronis True Image or other imaging software yet? Image based backups are a big deal IMO, and while this is great for problems like viruses or misconfigs, making it so you cannot protect against a HD failure with an Image is a major downside!

I think I heard an image restore will mess up CTM, at least in a previous version.

I had tried this with Paragon Back-up (should be similar to acronis i think)
What i did was.
Tried to restore an back up , with Paragon Boot CD .When the Operation was complete i restarted as requested and errors about missing windows files appeaered.Also the CTM pre boot wizard appeared ,from which i uninstalled CTM,and put the Paragon CD again and this time the restore worked correctly.
I like CTM ,this was a test on a old PC i knew what to espect.but would it be possibble in the future for OS image programs to work alongside CTM coorrectly?
I mean what if the pre boot manager of CtM will be Damaged what then?How do we uninstall it?

Was this an image that had CTM installed in it? I mean, it’s quite a pain to uninstall CTM, Image, reinstall… If you even can as you said. And CTM is basically preventing the most convenient method to back up a Windows Install…

CTM is similar to Ayrecovery and EAZ-FIX

bump

Well, I determined that a normal Acronis Image will not work. However, if you do a Sector by Sector image, you can restore that and get Windows working again, but it seems like you will still break CTM itself. So you’d lose snapshots from that. But it would probably be a passable backup, if slow vs the now standard File based images.

I’m wondering if you want image based backups if it wouldn’t make more sense to just use your imaging product and forget about something like CTM.

AFAIK, It doesn’t unfortunately.

Cheers,
Josh

CTM is similar to RollbackRx=AyRecovery=EAZ-FIX.
Rollback Rx includes a “built-in Drive Image utility . . . it understands Rollback Rx disk maps, it allows you to backup any snapshot.”
So, maybe CTM will eventually incorporate something similar.

See new Disk Imaging topic for info.
https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews-ctm/use-with-disk-imaging-t49488.0.html

Where is the changelog?

Did you investigated and/or fixed the issues with total system failure, I mean no boot, upon unsuccessful CTM uninstall or roll back and base reset?

Are you going to fully support 120 DPI in GUI, so that it would be fully functional and without glitches, in upcoming update to CTM?

Thanks for the Comodo Time Machine which works great on my system.

May I suggest that a checked box option is added to the settings whereby missed scheduled tasks are run automatically when the computer starts up or comes out of stand-by.

Also, the option to add a CTM scheduled task to Windows Task Scheduler.

Thank you.

From the description of CMT, i want to know whether it is the OEM of AyRecovery. I have been using AyRecovery for a long time, so how you make such a similar software,where did you get the source code?

Hi, selina
You can refer to this post.

https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-ctm/comodo-time-machine-20112674133-beta-released-t45601.0.html;msg329420#msg329420

Hopefully it helps.
Best regards.

Comodo Time Machine Test and Review O0

Hi,
I can not find the answer from the post you provide. Could you tell me directly?

I assume this means that Comodo may be using AyRecovery and improving on it.

(Took a tad bit of time to quote from a locked topic. :P)

Any idea about system responsiveness ?
I’ve tried installing it in a Vmware virtual machine (XP SP3) and I felt some sluggishness in overall speed (slower) trying running any kind of my installed software (browsers, explorer replacements, overall system speed).

Any idea if I’m just dreaming or does the way CTM works indeed takes a little responsiveness away ?

Thanks. :wink:

VMware is sluggish itself isn’t it? VirtualBox is much more efficient, and I use it myself. When I tested CTM in my VM (with VirtualBox), the only slow-down I noticed was with boot-up. Furthermore, it takes about 10-15 seconds for the CTM icon to show up in the system tray, which is rather annoying (for me haha).

It’s rather pointless to test application responsiveness on virtual machine. You will never get the performance of the real system. Further more, some applications tend to act weird in virtual environment or not to work at all. Not to mention that the virtualization software itself can have bugs which affect performance (e.g. VirtualBox).

Anyway, how is your testing going?
For me CTM failed only once, making Windows to stuck on the ‘Welcome’ screen.