4. How you tried to resolve the problem
  5. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any
  6. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further
  7. Any other information you think that might be useful

Cheers,
Josh

1. Your Operating System : seven 64
  2. Other Security and Utility Software Installed : CIS, CSC, mydefrag
  3. Step by step description to reproduce the issue : install CTM, ask to reboot. At start, installing and crash at 48 %
    On left top corner 00005555 00000003 00112D40 00000080 6C20D000 07EF2F58 00000000
  4. How you tried to resolve the problem : reboot and same issue
    In vga mode : same issue
    I cancel the installation

Asus G51J series
intel i7 720QM
4 go
nvidia geforce gtx 260M
2 HD 500 go (ST9500420AS), first drive cut in two part, 50 and 450 go.

[attachment deleted by admin]

1. Your Operating System : windows vista 32
  2. Other Security and Utility Software Installed : CIS, CSC, mydefrag
  3. Step by step description to reproduce the issue : just launch the setup
  4. How you tried to resolve the problem : restart and run setup

Asus M51 Series

HD : IMD-0
ST9250827AS

How about restart your system and try again?

Updated to CTM RC2 via updater then …

“The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable. Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume C:”

1. Update CTM via updater
  2. Restart
  3. File corrupt errors at login screen. use chkdsk etc.
  4. Restart
  5. chkdsk (more errors about file structure, check/delete/fix …)
  6. No errors at login but more errors in Event Viewer. Event IDs: 45 (volmgr), 55 (ntfs), 57 (ntfs), 137 (ctm_mount)
  7. GO back / GO forward / Reset to baseline with CTM but same errors every time.
  8. Acronis to Dec 3rd (restore)

Allready try, same issue after restart. Same error in RC1

Error, wrong application.

You can delete this post

1. Your Operating System: Win 7 Ultimate RTM
2. Other Security and Utility Software Installed. CIS with AV residential. Non residential anti malware: A squared (service disabled),Spybot, Malwarebytes Antimalware and Super Anti Spyware. Utilities: SIW, Enhance My Seven… send me a PM and I will send a SIW system report. Makes things easier.

3. Step by step description to reproduce the issue. Install the program. Progress indicator indicates things are being installed without a glitch until the very end then it will give an error screen

Comodo Time Machine Setup Wizard ended prematurely
Comodo Time Machine Setup wizard ended prematurely because of an error. Your system has not been modified. To install this program at a later time, run Set up Wizard again.

Click finish button to exit the Set up Wizard

4. How you tried to resolve the problem. Uninstalled the following suspects: Easus partition manager, Paragon Partition Manager, Perfect Disk, Smart Defrag, Isobuster and CD Burner XP.

5. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any n/a
6. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further See the attached

7. Any other information you think that might be useful. I am using a SATA disk. The installer will give the warning that it found a RAID controller and I told it to disregard that as I don’t use RAID (the RAID controller needs to be active as it also activates the SATA controller). When I start up the client I get an error message about a critical error (see second image attached).

I have a multi boot system with 3 HD’s with a different OS on each HD (XP, Vista SP2 and Win 7). For testing the CTM install I disabeled the two other (IDE) HD’s in the BIOS and removed the bootloader. So this is a true single OS system when testing this.

CTM has never worked on my system. I think it is a tool with a lot of potential so I am offering to do a remote session on my system or run a log program while installing.

Please post your bug reports in this thread and make sure to include:

1. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision
    Windows Home Premium SP2
  2. Other Security and Utility Software Installed
    CIS and Spyware Blaster
  3. Step by step description to reproduce the issue
    Open CTM from notification area
  4. How you tried to resolve the problem
    Have not tried
  5. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any
  6. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further
    Attached
  7. Any other information you think that might be useful
    Same on rc1

This is a gui issue… Happens on my desktop but does not happen on my laptop with same operating system…

Operating System : Vista Home Basic SP-2 (32), Code-tool “TrueCrypt 6.3a” is established. At installation CTM has received the message:

• CTM is NOT compatible with BitLocker Driver Encryption
  • CTM is NOT compatible with any disk utilities including disk encryption utilities such as COMODO Disk Encryption

1.Win7 x32
2. Nothing concerning HD
3. CTM installation.
4. I’ve got two disks each has two partitions - one for a system and the second for the rest. Win7 and XP x32 both. But they boot separately. So I Installed the CTM choosing a single boot system. I got an unbootable Win7 drive with an endless message “testing memory”. Further is similar to the CTM 2.2 version - restoring the system and fixing MBR.
Then I decided to investigate what the CTM has to tell me if I install it as a multyboot version. So I installed it on Win7 and choosed a multyboot-not-the-last option. Got a bootable system but not working CTM with a message “Critical service not active” with a recommendation to reinstall it or smth like that. I don’t remember exactly. Seen it in one of the posts however. OK, I repeated installation booting from an XP disk, but choosed the “last system installation”. Got an unbootable XP disk and a bootable Win7 with an unworking CTM. The rest is evident - restoring and fixing.

“Tell me if u have one more version…” :wink: The joke!
I can suppose the CTM can’t boot itself up properly for some reasons when getting the finalize installation command. The HDs function in AHCI mode if that means.
Thanks.

Oh BTW the Rollback RX 9.1 installs and works perfectly but prevents the Win7 backup system to function properly. And the native restoration utility in W7 is mostly awkward. So I would be very pleased to have a working version from ya guys. Thanks again

Apach, if i understand you correctly, you have an OS installed on each separate disk which you’ve setup to dual boot. The fact that you have a second partition on each disk is irrelevant to your problem IMHO.

I think the problem is that you have your 2 OS’s installed on separate disks. I believe CTM will install successfully on dual boot systems (or multiboot systems) if the OS’s are located on the one disk not spanned across mutiple disks. Does anybody disagree with this?

Nope, you understood wrong. Each disk has one system and do not have a link to the second system as I said they boot up separately. Each can be booted switching to the first boot device in BIOS, NOT as a link at the boot up menu! The systems live apart not knowing of each other.
I inderstand that a second partition has nothing to do with the problem and reminded that to show my configuration, that’s right.
I report a bug as the CTM should not be confused with the hardware or system configuration. And yet u could notice another post with a sigle system where there was mentioned SATA RAID switch. (I mean the AHCI mode for HD’s.)
I think That’s where to dig in - not in a system configuration. Again IMHO. Thanks for replying, carfal.

May be I could diagnose the issues better if I knew an internal logic or part of it, coz i’m an ex-programmer and have delt the hardware. What say you? If you do think that might be usefull tell me how i can retrieve the structural information.

Nope, you understood wrong. Each disk has one system and do not have a link to the second system as I said [b]they boot up separately[/b]. Each can be booted switching to the first boot device in BIOS, NOT as a link at the boot up menu! The systems live apart not knowing of each other.

Sorry, I didnt understand your setup at first but your renewed explanation has clarified it for me.

I report a bug as the CTM should not be confused with the hardware or system configuration.

Because each OS is independant (Thatis they dont know about each other) then there does seem to be a bug in CTM being that it wont install in each OS as if you have one OS running. There must be something particular with your PC setup,be it ACHI mode or even the bios setting you mentioned, that only a Comodo Techie can help you with.

Also the mutiboot install that you tried unsuccessfully is no surprise to me. Because each OS cant see each other then the installs of CTM on each OS cant tie in together (i hope that makes sense).

Windows 7
7 Hard drives
1 dvd burner

Just tried to install and it would not let me … said it only supports 4 drives
I have 7 But it never asked me if I wanted to JUST install on the c:\

I really JUST want the c:\ Protected … the other 6 drives are just storage drives.

Seems to me to be a BUG … Really Should ask WHAT drives you want Protected!
So if I want just the c:\ then it should not matter if I have 4 or 7 or 14 drives!

Any Suggestions ?

+1 on fresh reinstall

vista sp3

I agree. This suggestion seems logical. Hopefully Comodo agree as well :wink:

Hi Apach, if you want to install CTM only on one of your OS you can unplug second HDD, install CTM using singleboot mode and then plug it back.
If you want to install CTM on both of your OS you have to perform this operation on both of your hard disks, but CTM will work separately on each system. Unfortunately you cannot link your separated OS with CTM because each OS has it’s own bootloader.

Hello VerNIck, thanks for reply! I could try but would prefer not to. i’d like to protect the second operating system, this is not a “but have” situation and this is still the problem no matter how hard i try, is it? Windows backup is not that deadly awkward, I’d like to see the issue resolved and at last I just do not wish to dive into muddy waters once again. :slight_smile: