COMODO Time Machine 2.3.124200.152 RC2 Bug Reports

My D: RECOVER partition disappeared after problem install and then removal.

Thankfully it was just structuring and I was able to get it back using “TestDisk” Partition Recovery and File Undelete

This might be because BOOT partition (C:) is NTFS and the Recover one is FAT 32.

Anyway, all the files etc were there just the disk structure had changed.

E

I tried to install CTM RC2 last night, a fresh install, and come up with this error: CTM can’t detect your disk ID restart and try again. After rebooting I got the same error. I had a previous beta version installed on this same system and setup with no problems. Thanks

Win 7 32 bit
Avast home
Comodo Firewall
Defensewall

[attachment deleted by admin]

I have encountered this issue, and found it was related to a not-initialized HDD.

If your Win7 is installed on a VHD file ,or there is an not-initialized HDD, CTM will prompt this information.

Thanks guys I got it worked out

Is Encrypting File System (EFS) officially supported? It seems to work just fine.

GUI does not fully support 120 DPI.
Resolution: 1680x 1050 @ 120 DPI

Please fix it before final release.

XP Home SP3 32 bit
Avira Antivir Personal, COMODO Firewall

ClientService.exe from COMODO Time Machine eats my CPU to 100%. Any ideas? Had to disable it. Also, is there any option to uninstall CTM from my computer without having to restore the PC to baseline settings?

Windows 7 32bit

I tried to uninstall CTM last week. Uninstall got stuck. So stuck that I couldn’t use my machine anymore. It couldn’t start up anymore so I had to reinstall Windows.

Sure, you can choose ‘Current System’ option when you uninstall CTM.

It is always wise to have an imaging software like Acronis True Imaging to prevent reinstalling Windows, programs and data. I am using Acronis True Imaging Personal. At times when my PC is unable to start and CTM is unable to restore or CTM stuck, due to any kind of attack or corruption, I will use Acronis True Imaging. My suggestion is to backup using imaging software before installing CTM because it is still unstable as it is in beta. CTM is important to me too as Acronis True Imaging takes hours to restore but it is very stable.

Same happened to me. Totally destroyed my system.

The same thing happened to me as well. I am running Windows 7 64 bit with CIS and Returnil Free.

I had thought that this was a freak incident, but apparently there are many other people experiencing the same problem. I will not even consider reinstalling CTM until I have confirmation that such an enormous bug is solved.

PS: How can something like this happen anyway. It seemed like my entire system was corrupted.
If more information is required I can provide it. CTM seems like a very useful product, if it doesn’t sometimes destroy the system it is supposed to protect.

Hi Guys

CTM final is here… No release notes yet, no new boards yet… But created a sticky so users are aware of it that it’s on the website:

https://forums.comodo.com/comodo-time-machine-ctm/comodo-time-machine-24125818154-final-released-t49343.0.html;msg354388#new

I will close this one. Bug Reports/Help can be posted where this topic is (Not in it but where it is) until boards are made.

Cheers,
Josh