COMODO Time Machine 2.0.112674.133 BETA Bug Reports

If the COMODO Time Machine has been installed on your computer, please do not use other methods to write the Hard disk (like boot from CD, add the protected hard disk on another computer, .etc.), it would destroy the data that protected by COMODO Time Machine.

“Do not show icon in the system tray”, it does not mean terminated the CTMtray.exe process.
“ It does not disappear straight away”, select this option, you also need to click the “Save” button.

That was kind of the point of restoring an imaged file. My confusion however is, if restoring an image over CTM installed system, does CTM need to be un-installed prior to trying to reload that image? I would have thought that my DriveImage XML would have just formatted the entire partition and then load the files as need be but after loading the image back onto the hard drive, CTM was still active and had obvious errors.

It should have I did this with Paragon using there Linix boot disc with one of the earlier versions.

Dennis

“My confusion however is, if restoring an image over CTM installed system, does CTM need to be un-installed prior to trying to reload that image? ”
----- Yes. If you want to restore your system from an image (Symantec Ghost, Acronis True Image, MS Ximage, etc. ) , you need to uninstall CTM first. Otherwise, there will be a very serious problem.

Have you before enabled user acess control? If yes, CTM should ask you to set administrator password.

Can you give more details about steps before this loop?

When i try to see what the user account control looks like i select administrator get the details prompt and then i can’t cancel, when pressing cancel i assume i would return to where i came from.
So you end up locked unless you enter an administrator password.

Time Machine made my windows 7(RC) totally unbootable and no matter what i tried i couldnt get the install to repair. This happened when trying to create a new baseline, on re-boot the baseline was being written then froze at 6% and that was that. When i tryed to re-boot the baseline screen didnt come up and i had a windows message about hard shut down (something like that), after that zip.
Had to reinstall :-\

I was able to boot into safe mode but sfc/scannow showed irreparable stuff.
Will give it another go. Where might there be any reports as after re-install i still have the windows.old folder which is soon to be gone…

Matt

Which password do you mean? Your computer’s pass or CTM admin pass? Could you please give us step by step reproduction.

Sure, Start CTM GUI, Settings, User Settings, Enable Access Control, Administrator User property window.
Now you can’t cancel this you have to enter a password to get out of this window.

I do understand why this is because you don’t want a blank password, but cancel suggests you can go back to the previous window without having to enter anything…

I found this too and had to set an admin password. Hope it works :wink:

Hi All

After trying to install Comodo Time Machine I get an error message immediately after the Beta warning message, as follows:

Unsupported Disk is detected Comodo Time Machine supports only IDE/SATA/SCSI Disks. When you click on OK to the error message the Time Machine Wizard pops up to prematurely end the installation.

1)MS Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 3

1. Athlon XP 1900 1600GHZ

2. IDE\DiskSamsung_SP8004H_____________QW100\54…

To be clear my disk is an IDE disk

Hope this info is clear

Terry

Thanks. I have no quetions for now

Not sure that this bug with “benn” has been reported.
Spelling mistake :slight_smile:

[attachment deleted by admin]

I wrot a bug report earlier today about CTM failing to recognise my IDE disk, as below

“”""After trying to install Comodo Time Machine I get an error message immediately after the Beta warning message, as follows:

Unsupported Disk is detected Comodo Time Machine supports only IDE/SATA/SCSI Disks. When you click on OK to the error message the Time Machine Wizard pops up to prematurely end the installation.

1)MS Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 3

1. Athlon XP 1900 1600GHZ

2. IDE\DiskSamsung_SP8004H_____________QW100\54…

To be clear my disk is an IDE disk

Hope this info is clear

Terry"“”“”

I can now advise that I HAVE RESOLVED THE ISSUE. If you have SHADOW DEFENDER INSTALLED REMOVE IT. I have been able to install Comodo Time Machine

Terry

I have a vista SP2 laptop without much disc space.

A popup said that disc space was low and to run disc cleanup utility. Clicking OK brings up the GUI.

If you close it the sequence repeats.

Ran disc cleanup and started a defraggler defrag but everything froze.

Rebooting ended with static mouse pointer and no controls.

Restored snapshots ending with baseline but still no controls on reboot.

Uninstalled a few programs to free up space but no difference.

Finally solved the problem with a safe mode uninstall of CTM. Windows restore wouldn’t work.

Edit: I don’t understand this, but the safe mode uninstall appeared to work and gave me back control, however I later found that CTM was still installed but inactive. I have now uninstalled it again with no problem. I also uninstalled other programs whilst in safe mode, to try to free up some space, all of which are still installed.

System ended in an endless reboot loop, CTM keeps displaying “Reindexing the data” reboot, CTM etc.

1. Windows XP x32 Professional (Started with SP2, while CTM installed upgraded to SP3 fully patched).

2. None

3. Started with a clean XP SP2 professional, Installed SP3, patched to latest available.
    Now create a snapshot and lock it.
    Now copy a large ISO file 2.3GB and copy the copy a number of times.
    Now create a snapthos and lock it.
    Repeat the above procedure until windows starts to complain about “Delayed write fails”.
    The disk seems to have 6GB of free space but those are probably consumed by CTM snapshots.
    Now the system won’t recover from an endless reboot.

It would be better to prevent this dead-lock by starting to complain that there is no space left
    for snapshots and that previous snapshots need be cleaned up before proceeding.

4. Tried to compact the snapshots.
    After this XP is able to start again but keeps complaining about “Delayed write failed”.
    Once you hit the OK button for the MFT$ XP crashes and boots.

Tried to compact the snapshots and deleted 2 of them. (was unable to delete the latest snap though).
    XP kicks in with a chkdsk, deleting corrupted attributes, sorting index $x in file y,
    deleting index entry for a large numbers of files.
    Insufficient disks pace for security descriptor data stream.
    correcting errors in MFT Volume bitmap.
    Insufficient disk space to fix volume bitmap CHKDSK aborted.

Tried to restore the system to Baseline (XP SP2).
    Error: Failed to take the snapshot due to insufficient disk space.
    Cleaned out all other snapshots except baseline.

:smiley: system is operational again, but all my “data” is lost :wink:

5. N/A

6. N/A

7. N/A

1. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision
Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 1 32bit.
Platform:
AMD Athlon X2 Dual-Core QL-64 2.10GHz
ATI Radeon HD Graphics 512 MB.
4 GIG RAM.
300 GIG Hard Drive - Hard Disk Type: IDE\Hitachi_HTS545032B9A300. Standard Hard Drive, Only ONE Hard Drive is on the machine. There are no external devices apart from the Mouse of the machine.

2. Other Security and Utility Software Installed
Comodo Internet Security 3.12 (latest).

3. Step by step description to reproduce the issue
When starting installer, Set up says “Unsupported Disk is detected Comodo Time Machine supports only IDE/SATA/SCSI Disks.” and ends prematurely. My disk By the way is IDE. This is a completely new reformatted PC from today.

4. How you tried to resolve the problem
n/a

5. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any
n/a

6. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further
n/a

7. Any other information you think that might be useful
n/a

Probably not the smartest thing i did, However…

PC had two hardrives inside - Windows xp sp3 32x. With comodo timemachine.
I took 1 HD out (It was used for filestorage\backupsetc. The other HD (windows files etc) was left inside.
Booting in the computer caused various instabilities. Such as freezing in certain screens and freezing of uninstalling CTM through the console.