COMODO Time Machine 2.0.112674.133 BETA Bug Reports

Could you please tell me how did you got the problem?
You can PM to me or contact with me using email or bug report twitter.

Thanks,
Doskey.

Actually, COMODO Time Machine BETA supports only IDE/SATA/SCSI disks, not support RAID.

Indeed. Maybe we will support RAID in the future. (Just maybe so far.) :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Doskey

Check your PM.

Good luck with it. :-TU

Hi Guys, I need help from you. I could not able to open my time machine console which need my user name and password. i did not setup any of them? and i cannot restore them to the previous snapshot.

1.My OS, XP pro SP3
  2. I have all comodo product installed,Mamuto,Winpatrol plus,Gesswall,SAS pro, MBAM

Thank you very much,
Arnold

Same problem here. :wink:

If you are using Vista(&Win7) with UAC enabled, you may have noticed that some existing MSI packages may not install as expected.
The reason is because Windows Installer by default doesn’t elevate to higher privileges until it is about to actually start doing work in the install sequence.
Here’s a fix.

Method 1:
You could try to install CTM using following steps:

1. Create a shortcut: msiexec.exe /i client_setup_2.0.112674.133.msi
  2. Right-click the shortcut in your explorer
  3. Click “Run as administrator”
  4. Done.

Method 2:
Add a “Run as administrator” option to the context menu for .MSI files.
http://www.symantec.com/connect/downloads/msi-run-administrator-context-menu-vista

Bright eyes, especially see the second error. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I have the same problem with you John.

My own specs:

Windows Vista x64 SP2

CIS and McAfee Virusscan Enterprise 8.7 patch 1

The installer needed admin privileges even though I was logged in as an Admin. Therefore, the installation did not proceed. HELP.

The registry fix from Symantic posted by Flykite worked for me to install on Vista. The other way is to turn off UAC when installing.

Method 2: Add a "Run as administrator" option to the context menu for .MSI files. http://www.symantec.com/connect/downloads/msi-run-administrator-context-menu-vista

Thanks James that solved my admin privileges problem. However, now I’m getting an "unsupported disk is detected. CTM beta only supports IDE/SATA/SCSI disks error.

My specs:

Windows Vista x64 SP2 UAC enabled.

CIS (latest release) with Virusscan Enterprise 8.7 with Patch 1.

Peace.

What’s the disk type you have in your system ?
IDE/SATA/SCSI ? and is it a Dynamic disk or a basic NTFS disk ?

I had a Comodo Time Machine has stoped working message.

Windows 7 RC /Windows Xp dual boot, booting to 7

CIS

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: CTM.exe
Application Version: 2.0.47138.133
Application Timestamp: 4aba13d5
Fault Module Name: ntshrui.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7100.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 49eea67e
Exception Offset: 00001878
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.1.7100.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

All seems fine now though.

Hardware Issue

On cold boot getting a loop of comodo console>re-indexing>safe start screen(F8) then reboot starts all over, sometimes can select normal startup , same with safe mode, most of time not.

When comodo console loads there’s already 3 bars showing so barely a second to hit home key.
Restoring snapshot stops loop until next cold boot. Reboot from windows does not loop.

No other software installed.

Intel P3 600mhz, 440bx mobo, 768mb ram
80 gb HD 2 partions 17gb(8 free) ,57gb data all free basic NTFS
ATI 9250 vid card
XP pro sp3 x32 (fully patched)

Spoke to soon, am now unable to boot into windows 7 RC, it just gets stuck at the welcome screen. Am able to boot into safe mode, tried repair function still the same.
Uninstalled time machine from xp, still no change.

oops sorry forgot to say what caused this in the first place :-[ I tried to create a new baseline and then on the reboot it got to 6% then froze, after waiting a while i tryed re-starting but no go.

Matt

I’m getting an “unsupported disk is detected. CTM beta only supports IDE/SATA/SCSI disks error.”

My specs:

Windows Vista x64 SP2 UAC enabled.

CIS (latest release) with Virusscan Enterprise 8.7 with Patch 1.

Disk type: SCSI

Peace.

You could try to install CTM using following steps:

1. Create a shortcut: msiexec.exe /i client_setup_2.0.112674.133.msi
  2. Right-click the shortcut in your explorer
  3. Click “Run as administrator”
  4. Done.

Windows XP SP3
CIS (AV not installed) Comodo TimeMachine.

If you select to “Do not Show the tray Icon” It does not disappear straight away - After reboot is dissepears. However CTMtray.exe is still running.

I dont know if this is a bug or just the way the program is supposed to work. I had a fresh install of Windows XP installed and then installed CTM. After that, I was going to re-load an image of that very same fresh Windows XP install to see what would happen using Drive Image XML I got the imaged restored in Barts PE without uninstalling CTM prior to the image loading and come reboot I still get the CTM splash before it goes into the Windows XP boot where then a BSOD occurs. I then have to reboot, hit the home key to get into the CTM console and then do the default uninstall from there. My computer then reboots one more time back into Windows XP successfully though there are some corrupt/missing key Windows Xp files.

I’ll try this with Comodo Backup and see what I get.

CTM does not support RAID.