Comodo telemetry task

I really can’t produce it!
May you please give exact steps?
e.g. after de-selecting, it automatically gets selected after certain time (apprx how many hrs/min) or upon re-boot?

umesh,
the computer has not been restarted, the simulation is in the image, see the image … the elapsed time between the deactivation made by me and the automatic reactivation, is also in the image, were approximately 50 minutes.

The interesting thing is that the two times I deactivated, a few minutes later, I received a COMODO screen informing that Internet Security Detected Failure! … see the image.

It seems that when you disable the option to send statistics the comodo recognizes this with an error and a few minutes later the option is reactivated!

thanks

Ah, that explains.
Seems you have some pending crashes to be uploaded and when you de-select, CIS can’t do that and ask for your permission and in same dialog there is a check box at bottom, which enabled data consent.

So please repeat same steps but ensure that check box in alert is not selected and it should not auto select.

Thanks
-umesh

Okay, emesh … I’ll do it.

But beware, the problem of the option to disable statistics may not be related to this from the comodo error alert screen … so I’ll analyze the two cases and let you know if the behavior persists.

Hello, Picandalo.

We have checked the issue on our environment (Windows 7x64 and Windows 10x64) ant it wasn’t reproduced. Please take a look:

https://is.gd/uVhf3u

https://is.gd/9VeTou

Could you please check C:\ProgramData\Comodo\CisDumps folder and provide dump files if they are existing. Also please provide CIS logs (cislogs.sdb file) from C:\ProgramData\Comodo\Firewall Pro folder. Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,
Sergey.

Sergey,
Log Reports have been sent to COMODO, see Image 01 Attached.

PS: It’s important to remember that the main problem I am reporting is that COMODO is not allowing us (users) to delete or change the COMODO Tasks that are in
the Windows Task Scheduler.

Every time we change or delete a Task from Windows Task Scheduler they automatically return, [b]see Image 02 Attached[/b].

Look at Windows Task scheduler. There, these tasks are still active even they are disabled in the Comodo settings. It looks like a bug.
(Win7 pro SP1 x64, CIS 10.0.2.6420)

This is intended. You need to disable it from CIS.

these tasks are still active even they are disabled in the Comodo settings

Xeno,
Already many days ago that they are already disabled In CIS … see image (right side - 2)

I ran a test on the Windows Task Scheduler on an HP Printer Task and I was successful, the Task HP did not return to the original value automatically …
…as with the COMODO Task… see attached image (left side 1).

PS. I suggest that you see all posts in the post to know what has already been done and, please, read what is written on the image!

I see no contradiction. My message only confirms the contents of your images.

I am noticing some confusion here. COMODO CMC {06A09C0F-DD9C-4191-A670-71115CD78627} is the Task Scheduler key for Comodo Message Center. It is not the Telemetry task (COMODO Telemetry {18AD3DFA-30C0-4B5F-84F7-F1870B1A4921}) that is more than likely running msinfo32.exe and causing the performance problems.

In the process Picandalo started to focus on disabling CMC task but this task is not responsible for telemetry. Hence causing confusion about disabling.

Picandalo, could you please test with disabling COMODO Telemetry {18AD3DFA-30C0-4B5F-84F7-F1870B1A4921} and Send anonymous program usage statistics to COMODO settings?

Xeno,

In the image of the previous post I show an HP Task where I can change the execution time or even disable it in the Windows Task Scheduler.

The COMODO Task in the Windows Task Scheduler, being the option in CIS ENABLE or DISABLE does not let me change it, for example:

• Option CIS ENABLE … open Windows Task Scheduler to change Taks COMODO, but it always returns automatically to the default value;
  • Option CIS DISABLE … open Windows Task Scheduler to change Taks COMODO, but it always automatically returns to the default value.

What I mean is that the COMODO Tasks in Windows Task Scheduler can never be changed by the user.

In the image from the previous post I show that HP Printer Tasks accept changes made by the user. I tested with the HP Printer Task to
eliminate the possibility of the bug being in the Windows Task Scheduler System.

The bug I’m reporting is that the COMOODO Task on Windows Task Scheduler runs one hour at a time all day … and I just want to simply
change this time to once a day, and only the Tasks COMODO do not allow this!

I want, as a user, to have the freedom not only to enable or disable the option in CIS, I want to have the freedom to be able to
define
how much in how long I want this Task to be executed on my computer.

thanks
Picandalo

I ntoiced something truly odd:

• Disable one or more Comodo Tasks in Task Scheduler
  • Open Advanced Settings
  • Change a setting don’t change a setting
  • Close Advanced Setting with OK
  • Refresh Task Scheduler interface with F5
  • Notice all task enabled again

In short. Opening Advanced Settings and closing it with OK will enable all Tasks in Task Scheduler when they were disabled by user. CIS will always override settings in Task Scheduler when opening Advanced Settings and closing Advanced Settings with OK.

An additional observation. When I f.e. disable Comodo Message Center Advanced settings it will not show in Task Scheduler as disabled. I don’t know if that is expected behaviour.

I did some more testing and edited a trigger in the Telemetry Task. See attached image. When I open Advanced Settings and close it with OK the trigger is changed back to default.

Conclusion: Opening and closing Advanced Settings menu in CIS will override changes made by user in Task Scheduler.

During testing I got three BSOD’s: APC_INDEX_MISMATCH with error code 0x00000001. The timing suggests they may be related to fiddling with CIS and Task Scheduler but I don’t know what scenario reproduces this BSOD. Umesh, do you want to take a look at minidump?

EricJH
In previous messages in this post, I reported that the COMODO Telemetry Task also behaved like the COMODO CMC Task … could not be changed or
disabled in Windows Task Scheduler so that you might know that the problem of alterations happens to other Taks comodo too.

I do not know if I may have gotten confused, but the COMODO CMC Task occurs every one hour and the COMODO Telemetry Task
occurs every two hours. So I did the following follow-up test:

I stayed for 12 hours accompanying when the Tasks would be executed:

• at the specified time of the COMODO CMC Task, msinfo32 opened in my Task Manager and was executed for 15 minutes;
  • At the time determined by the COMODO Telemetry Task, she was performing much faster, less than 3 minutes.

In my Tests, the COMODO CMC Task is running msinfo32, please check this.

Just as information, I’ve already sent a dmp and syslog file to the comodo when I was talking to Mr. umesh.

I repeat … I just want freedom to be able to change the COMODO Tasks in the Windows Task Scheduler, because some of them take a lot of resources from
my Computer and are executed many times a day. I do not want this every hour or every two hours, I want to be able to define how many times
and when they will run on my machine.

thanks
Picandalo

A thread must be in an alertable state to run a user-mode APC.
User interfaces are asynchronous.
verify calling the QueueUserAPC function

I agree wholeheartedly with you here. The user should be in control and I view your problem as a bug. CIS is the nanny of program behaviour and not the nanny of user behaviour and this bug breaks that principle.

The bug is as I stated in the text in the bold and blue. It is regardless of what setting in Task Scheduler the user changes. The user should be in control and be able to curb how often tasks get run or not run by editing Task Scheduler.

Can anybody confirm that Opening and closing Advanced Settings menu in CIS will override changes made by user in Task Scheduler. as described in my previous post?

Yes - confirmed. Disabled CMC and Telemetry. Opened Advanced Settings then close . . . . both Tasks are Ready again

Thank you for confirming. That makes it a bug.

I am using the Proactive Security configuration. Ploget and Picandalo could you state the configurations you are using?

I’m using Proactive