COMODO System Utilities 4.0 BETA BUG REPORTS

Please post all bug reports & BSOD’s here.

Be sure to include:

• System Utilities version : FREE, FREE Portable
  • Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
  • Security Software Installed;
  • How you produced the problem;
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;
  • All log files of CFM, if you had logs enabled;
  • if the issue is a BSOD, please post all the dump files in \Windows\Minidump folder (you can compress them)
  • if the issue is a crash, program stops responding or freezes please see this topic
  • if the issue is an error (not program crash or freeze) please see this topic
  • Any other Additional Information;

this bug is still present

• System Utilities version : FREE
  • Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); win7 pro 64
  • Security Software Installed; cfw 5.8
  • How you produced the problem; ran ccleaner once complete clicked scan my computer on csu home screen then clicked clean my computer then got an error saying. element not found
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; na
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); attached
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; na
  • All log files of CFM, if you had logs enabled; na
  • Any other Additional Information; na

[attachment deleted by admin]

System Utilities version : FREE

• Your Operating System : Windows 7 ultimate 64bit
  • Security Software Installed; CIS 5.9.216167.2147 , Kingsoft pc doctor 3.1
  • How you produced the problem; N/A
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; N/A
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); Attached
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; Attached
  • All log files of CFM, if you had logs enabled; N/A
  • Any other Additional Information: N/A

I have tried and I am tired of trying, but I won’t quit about the issue of Rootkit that was discovered about 2 months ago by CIS complete but impossible to remove. The answer that I get when I click on ‘‘delete all’’ is that all problems are not cleaned, in fact none is cleaned. I have also tried to use CCE just to end up with my PC hanging and crashing, so many times that I am afraid to lose data.

Can anyone tell me what I can use to get rid of these rootkits.hiddenvalue@0?

Thanks

Jcbss

what problems were you having with system utilities?

usually with a rootkit you have to use a bootable cd to remove it
either try kaspersky rescue disc or dr web live cd

Thanks for your kindness. As a matter of fact, my system had no starting problem that I can reckon with. I just did the comprehensive scan when I installed the Comodo I.S. Complete as part of the agreement to benefit from the 500 $ warranty and that is when this poped up. 58 Rootkits in the Software registry. What is annoying is that MS Essentials also found them and supposedly removed them. But CIS is still impossible to perform any miracle. But the CCE is still even on boot scan impossible to continue without crashing. I thought with the newest version of CIS complete, something will change, oh… no. Nothing. I sent the file to Comodo and I am still expecting a response. I am now downloading Dr Web Rescue CD and will see what happens.
Regards.
jcbss

at its current state cis’ rootkit scanner is prone to give FP’s. before trying to remove them i would check with other scanners and see if they find anything. try malwarebytes, hitman pro, etc. your best best is to scan with a bootable disc and see what it finds. dr web is really good at disinfecting lots of malware. it just doesnt delete them like most

since this is no longer about comodo system utilities i would suggest you make a new topic here

I am getting this error as well however it worked for a few days then just up and stopped working I can use each cleaner on its own but not “Clean My Computer” button. I have win 7 Ultimate x64 and CIS 5.8.

• System Utilities version : FREE
  • Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
    Windows 7 x64
  • Security Software Installed;
    CIS, configured as described here
  • How you produced the problem;
    Just a gui problem that happens when starting the program
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;
    NA
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);
    It is attached.
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;
    NA
  • All log files of CFM, if you had logs enabled;
    NA
  • if the issue is a BSOD, please post all the dump files in \Windows\Minidump folder (you can compress them)
    NA
  • if the issue is a crash, program stops responding or freezes please see this topic
    NA
  • if the issue is an error (not program crash or freeze) please see this topic
    NA
  • Any other Additional Information;
    I edited out my name. That white is not from the glitch. The gui problem is just about the black bars. These disappear after going to another screen and coming back.

Also, after clicking the button to check the computer for all types of problems, with default settings, if I click on the button that says “Clean my computer” it pops up with an error that says “Element not found.”. It does this every time I click on it. However, it seems to work fine if I clean for each category individually.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks.

Hello Chiron,

This issue has been fixed and it will not be present in the next release.

Thank you for your support.

Chinese language bug:https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-csu/bug-report-t81311.0.html