Comodo System Cleaner - Comparison

Thank you for taking the time to run this comparison larlyles, we really appreciate it.
Registry cleaner in the beta tweaker is yet to have the full capability but the final version will. We look forward to many more user feedback so that we can improve our product.
thank you!

Melih

larlyles is right. Registry First Aid is a great prog with great depth. I just d/l and ran Version 7 on two PC’s and it is even more impressive and thorough than Version 6. It even has a Platinum Version for more control. While it is a pay-for, it is fully functional indefinitely for free but limits fixes to approx 14 items/run. And for many categories, you can simply go back and fix 3-more times without needing another run.

Melih This is the STANDARD which CRC should shoot for…

PS: Thanks for your passion…

Indeed we will strive to be the best possible!

I asked our guys to investigate how CRC can be improved further and I am sure they will back with their comments here

thanks
Melih

I just installed and briefly tested CRC. (A ‘non-brief’ test would have involved actually allowing it to delete all flagged entries and seeing if I can still reboot.)
It found a quite a few (altogether about 300…) issues. I wish it would also tell me why for each. Checking a couple of them seemed legitimate, and dangerous to delete.
But if it will evolve at the rate Comodo firewall did, I am sure I’ll be checking out an outstanding v3 soon ;D

Hi ,
We have analysed Registry First Aid ver. 7 and we have discovered that many of the entries found by this cleaner shouldn’t be deleted .
It finds some subkeys at the COM & ACTIVEX section that are needed by the Com Applications:Insertable , Implemented Categories ,Programmable ,Control and others . For example ‘Control’ subkey identifies an object as a ActiveX control . The existence of the subkeys indicates some issues , not the values stored there . If this subkeys are empty they still shouldn’t be deleted .
They also scan the SYSTEM \CurentControlSet . The operating system stores information about drivers and devices in this registry keys . We don’t want to mess with that :slight_smile: .
We also found entries that are checked as invalid and they really are valid entries . We have attached a picture to confirm the assertion .
I don’t say that all the entries found by REG First Aid that CRC can’t find , are valid and shouldn’t be deleted . There are some things that could be inserted in CRC in a future release ,but with many tests first .
But I don’t see how REG First Aid could be safe with so many problems. . I don’t think it has been tested enough .

[attachment deleted by admin]

@ Andrew Alex

Using a registry cleaner to purge Defense+ invalid rules which are non-purgable (in CFP/CIS go to e.g. Defense+ → Computer Security Policy → Process Access Rights → Run an executable), would you consider that as something useful to implement in Comodo Registry Cleaner? As long as Defense+ has no “Global Purge” I have to find all invalid rules in RegSeeker.

LA

I think it would be better if the current purge function in CIS/CFP could have the ability to delete those rules (like ‘Run an Exe.’) No?

(V)

I know. :-[

Well, yes, but I don’t know when such a feature will be there. :-\

LA

Just want to let Comodo know that the webpage for the registry cleaner still says that is has a registry compactor option (see the tabe). This should probably be changed.

Also, it would be nice to include a comparison with the following free registry cleaners: Eusing, Easycleaner, and Argente. I suspect comodo will perfrom well against these cleaners.

whoop

Deleting ActiveX is not a big issue CCleaner will delete these & if any programme wishing to use anActiveX will re install it

I would like to see an updated comparison test which would include new version of Comodo System Cleaner and more well known registry cleaning tools, like:

i think that CRC is the best and the only one to use. i like how it has a feature which sorts out safe and unsafe to delete.

Hello,

Yes, we know. Tuesday the website will be updated along with the new version of CSC public release.

Hello,

Thank you for the idea. Let’s see if we can add this to the website on this Tuesday.

For all the respect to Andreis’ efforts with CRC which I’ve given time and effort to prove itself on my system it just didn’t work out, a few BSODs’ later I was forced to Revo uninstall and search for an alternative which I found in JV16 Powertools 2009 in a 30 day full function trial (which I intend to purchase thereafter)
I used the last free version way back when and wanted to see where they were at now, all I can say is impressive!
I really hope CRC gets to this level sometime soon… :-TU
In passing JV16 Powertools found some 1800 registry items (overlooked by CRC) and cleanly and more importantly removed them safely.
Xman
8)

just because it says a bigger number, means cow doo doo. just because it says 1600 or whatever doesn’t mean its the better one. comodo registry cleaner is the only 100% safe registry cleaner. I would say ausogics registry cleaner is too because they both use the same principal for safe deletion. I advise you to look at the auslogics site and read what they say, i use both auslogics registry cleaner and CSC. But I quote auslogics here (it came from Question & Answer) "
Frequently Asked Questions: Auslogics Registry Cleaner

Question:

Why does Auslogics Registry Cleaner find fewer errors than some other similar programs?

Answer:

The answer is simple – safety reasons. We don’t want our registry cleaner to first impress you with the number of errors found and then make your system unstable, or even worse – unbootable. By default Auslogics Registry Cleaner will delete only safe-to-delete items.

also another

Frequently Asked Questions: Auslogics Registry Cleaner

Question:

Is Auslogics Registry Cleaner safe to use?

Answer:

Yes, it is. Unlike some other registry cleaners, Auslogics Registry Cleaner doesn’t try to find as many problems as possible. It only deletes safe items by default. Novice users should only clean those items. However, advanced users can select the Advanced scan mode to scan categories with higher risk level.

The point is not to go around thinking which ever finds more is better. This is sometimes true but not here. No one can make you like Comodo registry cleaner, heck most dont even know what the heck one is!

Thank you atnskyline

please check out my website, and I can set up free advertisements for you, PM me. I always recommend comodo wherever and whenever possible
www.bestfreepcsoftware.webs.com

Hi atnskyline, did I forget to mention it found amongst those 1800 or so obsolete entries, stuff leftover from prior software uninstalled 4 - 5 years ago? Now that’s performance. *I also said it cleanly and safely removed all of them. CRC will surely be able to do this sometime and I’m totally convinced of that, but not today. Also JV16 has a registry compactor as well which also works perfectly and safely.
Cheers
Xman 8)

comodo registry cleaner had a compactor but it was taken out to do stability work, no they are adding all the great features back one by one, so don’t worry. If you tested previous versions of C system cleaner, you would know that they have many great features but they were TEMPORARILY removed to release the version you tested which was 1.1… the previous version 1.0… had a few major bugs so they temp took out all the features to work to make 1.1 …(aka the version you tested) which is pretty much featureless but stable finally. If you know comodo well about their products, they release updates very quickly.
Ty atnskyline

please check out my website, and I can set up free advertisements for you, PM me. I always recommend comodo wherever and whenever possible
www.bestfreepcsoftware.webs.com

Registry FirstAid is another excellent paid registry cleaner and registry defragmenter. It also initially finds more registry errors to remove than Comodo Registry Cleaner. After the initiall run to clean these errors that CRC doesn’t find, the two registry cleaners seem to find very similar quantities of registry errors during subsequent runs. Comodo’s registry cleaner is good and is not causing me any problems. I haven’t had any BSODs due to CRC. Safe Delete in the Disk Cleaner is another story. I don’t have to use the Registry Protection, because just deleting the errors that CRC finds is safe enough. I do like to create a restore point, however, just in case. Registry FirstAid also gives you the opportunity to create a restore point before scanning for errors.

The devs found that Registry FirsAid removed one or two Comodo registry entries that shouldn’t be removed, but that was all. The latest versions of both CRC and RFA don’t seem to have any adverse effects on HP all-in-one printer Digital Imaging Monitor in the systray. Earlier versions of both registry cleaners removed files that were necessary for the systray HP Digital Imaging Monitor to load.

larlyles,
what would it matter. There is absolutely NO difference between making a restore point before scan Vs. before removal. Because most registry cleaners will NOT remove anything during the scan. ONLY when you tell it to!

I have recently updating my reviews on Comodo products on my web site. of course they are all top notch ratings for these top notch products. (CNY) to grow. Please add banners to your web site. Check out mine at www.bestfreepcsoftware.webs.com and email me at bestfreepcsoftware@gmx.com

atnskyline.