COMODO System-Cleaner 4.0 BETA BUG REPORTS

Please post all bug reports & BSOD’s here.

Be sure to include:

• System-Cleaner version : FREE, PRO, FREE Portable
  • Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
  • Security Software Installed;
  • How you produced the problem;
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;
  • All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled;
  • Any other Additional Information;

great to see my bug is still around from 3.1

• System-Cleaner version : pro
  • Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); win 7 pro 32
  • Security Software Installed; cis
  • How you produced the problem; try to shred files in the recycle bin
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; n/a
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;n/a
  • All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled;n/a
  • Any other Additional Information;n/a

EDIT: this isnt just a gui bug. if i check the i accept box and click ok nothing happens

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi

Here is another Bug. I have CSC 2.2 builöd 5 installed and i download the csc 4 beta and run it about the 2.2 build 5 and i become these messages

Do you need something

Give me a short answer

Thank you very much

Message translate to Englisch

C Programm Files _ Comodo - Comodo System Cleaner - CSC.Exe could not be found
Make sure you typed the name correctly and try again

Any idea about this.

Need you anything from me for fixing it, please give me a short answer

Hello,

We didn’t managed to reproduce the bug.
It will be another release in a sort while and hopefully the bug will be reproduced and fixed.

Hello

When will you need for fixed and says something to me then I know. Thank-you

You did not say which version you were trying to install. Read the first message – this is important.

If you are trying to install the “Portable” (no installer) version just about any program, you have to uninstall any installed version of the program. Windows will get confused about which copy of a DLL or other file to use.

If you are trying to install an update, the old version should be removed automatically or the versions have to be set-up to run “side-by-side” (which takes work in Windows). In some cases, the program can be uninstalled, but some of its files remain (the Shared Files entry in the registry for the file is wrong or specifies never to uninstall it). Developers have to create test scenaria for each of these situations.

(I write as a developer who currently provides user support for another kind of program)

=======================================================

When double clicking on an entry to possibly be deleted (such as a registry key), CSC crashes.

• System-Cleaner version : FREE Portable
  • Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); Wnd XP 32 bit on Pentium 4
  • Security Software Installed; AVG antivirus, PCtools firewall and threatfire
  • How you produced the problem; Start CSC. Run a Scan. Open scan results and view the entries to be selected for deletion, and then double click on one of them.
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; I don’t know how.
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); n/a
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; n/a
  • All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled; n/a
  • Any other Additional Information; Not new to 4.0 Beta.

Autorun Manager does not show the processes

Your Operating System - Windows 7 64bit Russian;

• Security Software Installed - CIS Premium 5.3.181415.1237;
  • How you produced the problem.
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any) - no error reported;
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any - No crash;
  • Any other Additional Information - problem appeared in version 3.1 build 14 BETA.

I ran the “free” version. It deleted all my desktop shortcut icons for installed programs. The “pro” version didn’t.

Ummmm why does the program keep deleting all my desktop shortcuts for installed programs? How do I get them back? This has happened to me twice. Once with the free version and once with the free portable version for Windows 7 x64. This is ridicules. I think I am moving on to a completely different alternative than Comodo for everything. I am tired of my computer constantly crashing, bad performance, and other problems. Comodo has continuously but out bad software. It’s been to much for me. I am tired of reinstalling my OS every couple of days.

CSC crashes when CSC’s service is stopped, disabled or set to manual (whilst stopped). (Active clean is OFF.)

• Disabled service should be error-trapped
  • Manual service should be started/stopped on CSC program launch/exit

(I know leaving the service to automatic and running is expected but, to me, the overhead defeats the purpose and fewer parts = less to go wrong.)

Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH
  Application Name:	CSC.exe
  Application Version:	4.0.57588.2
  Application Timestamp:	4dba4d51
  Fault Module Name:	StackHash_4d70
  Fault Module Version:	6.1.7601.17514
  Fault Module Timestamp:	4ce7c8f9
  Exception Code:	c0000374
  Exception Offset:	00000000000c40f2
  OS Version:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:	1033
  Additional Information 1:	4d70
  Additional Information 2:	4d701cf0d1e67bb6e985b6f7ddbdc573
  Additional Information 3:	b0da
  Additional Information 4:	b0dadace8a37fea84d9cb1a678aeb288

CSC keep stealing focus/minimising full-screen apps (Windows Media Centre, games).

I disabled auto-update the first time it happened (and anything else ‘auto’). The Cleaner_Validator service was already disabled.

I don’t know what caused it on subsequent occurrences but, being in the middle of something else and being far from the first to gripe about this issue, I decided to uninstall CSC to prevent future occurrences.

I can’t help but think that a program targetted towards power users/optimisers/race-car paradigm system builders contradicts itself by adding bloat and other nuisances.

after disabling the autorun of the some of the program at the startup…i wasn’t able to re enable to autorun later… it deleted and damaged some of the desktop icons of program like nero10, tuneup utilities 2011… fail to delete my temporary file made by norton internet security 2011 in my other computer… CSC gets blocked norton 2011…

Thank you for your feedback.
This issue will be fixed in the next version.

Small thing - i wonder if this is a bug or a feature…: install free version, then try to install the pro version. The installer of the PRO version will say “Newer version detected”. That’s all, maybe it shall recognize the lighter edition, shouldn’t?

Vita 64bit

any info when will CSC 4 will be released???

BUG: CSC.exe uses 99% CPU when running Registry Cleaner (default settings)

• System-Cleaner version : FREE, PRO, FREE Portable; Free
  • Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); XP Pro SP3 (32-bit) Tablet Edition
  • Security Software Installed; CIS 5.5.x.1383, Secunia PSI 2.0.0.3001, ClamWin Free Antivirus 0.97.1
  • How you produced the problem; Used “Run As” to run CSC under administator account
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; N/A
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); See below
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; N/A
  • All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled; N/A
  • Any other Additional Information; N/A

:slight_smile:

EDIT: Occurs under Administrator logon also. Spec: 1.2 GHz, 1GB ram

CSC.exe crashed on first opening app, after initial scan (initial scan went OK, though I note the updater consumed over 1300 handles during scan).

• System-Cleaner version : PRO
  • Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); Win XP SP3 (32bit), 3Ghz, 4GB
  • Security Software Installed; CIS
  • How you produced the problem; Opened CSC after initial scan
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); N/A
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; Appended zipped comodo backup of dump
  • All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled; N/A, first opening
  • Any other Additional Information; No

After Cleaner Validator has been running a scan for about 1/4 hr, # open handles for cleaner-validator.exe in Killswitch properties shows 13,800 on my machine. Process is also consuming most CPU cycles. Also virtual memory in process explorer shows 72 Tb (clearly impossible, possibly a consequence of the handle leak?). My machine has a fair amountl of software on it for an XP machine, so maybe some variable is exceeding its limits?

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); Win XP SP3 (32bit), 3Ghz, 4GB
  • How you produced the problem; Opened CSC after initial scan
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); Sorry had to kill process to regain safe control.
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;

After trying another install of CSC Pro (unistalled first using app uninstaller then Ragwind’s forced unistall tool), CSC.exe crashed during initial scan and update, causing first an ‘Everything Fatal Error’ dialog in which the text was unreadable. Text disappeared in several other app dialogs too. The system then BSODed. Rebooting found CIS 5.8 Beta not running correctly - cmdagent.exe had not launched. Then another BSOD. Problems resolved on restoring system to prior to CSC installation. No minidump, sorry guys, will try and get at least an app dump if I have the courage to re-install, though note there is an app dump append to a previous bug report which may show the problem at an earlier stage of development. Please note that the ‘eveything fatal error’ and the CIS problem had been encountered before using Ragwind’s forced uninstall tool on a previous aborted installation a few days ago.

• How you produced the problem; Ran CSC installer, and allowed it to complete and start performing updates and initial scans.
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); N/A sorry screenshot tool would not run due to instability
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; N/A sorry.