COMODO System Cleaner 2.1.114194.1 Public Release BUG REPORTS

Not showing the bottom of the screen was reason for one of my supposed problems because I couldn’t see the button DONE and I suspected that Comodo System Cleaner was frozen.

I learned the lesson and now I display CSC to full screen.

Hello,

• Your Operating System: windows 7 ultimate 64bit
  • Security Software Installed: microsoft security essential, avira, comodo personal firewall
  • How you produced the problem: after the clean (without using the deep-expert one) it messing jump lists related to the Sticky Notes (default windows7 app), and the Getting Started in the start menu and/or toolbar. The small arrow disappear and wont come back by listing the links anymore, neither using them.
  • How you tried to resolve the problem: using the comodo backup, then using a Windows Image Backup.
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any):

http://i50.tinypic.com/jb1egy.jpg

• Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; none
  • All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled; none
  • Any other Additional Information: display recent programs, and display recent documents are both enabled.

I like a lot your software, and i’m a comodo fan, but i’m a bit maniac, i know i can live without this two arrows (and their functions) but just i want that all the OS functions remain untouched after a clean. As is as the simple jumplist functions of the sticky notes (the + note) and getting started.

Keep up the good work
Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for your report. This issue will be fixed for the next release.

Hi I said earlier about how the disk cleaner searches were all the sudden gone. Well I tried the clean My computer button and it would not work ether it just froze up when I tried that

So I tried the repair option and that did let me do one search and it worked for that one time and I did remove what it found and let it reboot and but then after that I tried it the next day and it wouldn’t work again

So now I just uninstalled Comodo System Cleaner 2.1.114194 and reinstalled it and things work again now fine

Hi,

You can fix the issue by following these steps:

1. Launch CSC
  2. Go to “System Settings” module, “Windows Explorer” tab
  3. Uncheck the option “Remove arrow symbol in the bottom right corner of shortcut icons”
  4. Click “Apply”
  5. Restart Windows when asked by CSC.

The arrow symbols should now be displayed. Thank you.

Look like it’s unchecked by default,
indeed i had that error.

Also, do notice i only did use just

• Registry Cleaner
  • Disk Cleaner
  • Privacy Cleaner;

I guessed that issue had to do with just one of them.

In any case i could try to repeat the error and try to check reboot, then uncheck and reboot again if you’re sure it’s related to the arrows shortcut, even if i leaved it untouched.

Do notice also that this issue happened the second time i used CSC, not in the first instance.
To be sure i didn’t messed anything, and having not a solution other then the CSC backup (that didn’t repaired it) i just re-imaging my whole system in a few minutes.

Thanks

I still have this issue!

This isn’t any sort of major problem but it seems to me that after first install, every time I run any of CSC’s components they always return the same results at each phase. Always. :frowning: Is it just me? It’s like the first scan and clean results are saved and then subsequent scans and cleans are only references to the saved data.

For example: I use it to clean up after Firefox. Comodo Privacy Cleaner will tell me that it detected a certain amount of files and that it managed to, and failed to delete a certain number of them. Then I use Firefox’s built-in privacy cleaner then use CSC/CPC again and I’ll get the same results from CPC as though I never used Firefox’s built-in privacy cleaner.

HP pavillion laptop
Vista, 32 bit, latest build and all updates
Avira antivirus
Comodo firewall

After using an earlier version of comodo system cleaner for quite some time, I decided to install the latest build. After using the wipe feature to clean free space on the c drive only, the computer is dead and will not reboot. Message says info is missing from the boot drive. After several tries with system restore, had to restore factory image. Not sure how much data I have lost but am sure this is a defcon 3 destructive product… not nearly ready for primetime in my opinion.

On the plus side, I have now learned that Microsoft, ala Vista, and HP still have a ways to go on their restore functions.

Not complaining about Comodo, free is free and sometimes you risk getting what you pay for. Live and learn. I am happy to post further if the info will help Comodo improve the product.

Uninstall reg section:
DisplayIcon=“C:\Program Files\somefolder\someapp.ext,3”

3 can be replaced w/ nonzero num

Have you bothered w/ LoadIcon?