COMODO System Cleaner 2.1.114194.1 Public Release BUG REPORTS

I might give that a try that but that is a very poor uninstaller. I am not that sure that I can be bothered though. The older version seems to work fine. It depends how I feel.

This fix worked for me, I never had to delete registry entries but only the files in my programmes from previous install.

Thanks

Before I re-installed the newer version and after uninstalling the older versions, the only files in the install directory were the log files that I left. So if there is a solution for me it will have to be the registry settings.
So for me I wil await the new version that is more tolerant of left over registry settings and is easier to use. I thought this tool was for making life easier not harder.

Hello,

The problem with new CSC version crashing is because the old version uninstaller doesn’t do the job properly.
Not all files are deleted durring uninstall and for this reason, some of them are not updated using the latest setup. Until this issue is fixed, we recomend uninstalling the previous version, and manually removing the leftover files in the instalation directory before installing the new version.

Which files are they that we need to delete? I have deleted the .msi file I found in the install directory. Apart from that I left the log or text files and back-up reg files. I couldn’t find any other files or registry entries. Please be more specific. If not I will just await the newer version and go back to the earlier version I have.

Hi,

Just remove all the leftover files in Program Files\Comodo\Comodo System-Cleaner. You can temporary save the backups and logs in another location, and after you install the latest CSC, you can just bring them back.

Thank you.

The letters of the text in the buttons for the options at the bottom for Disk Cleaner and Privacy Cleaner are too close to the bottom edges of the rectangular boxes. Is this a minor GUI-bug?

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); XP SP3 and Vista 32 SP1
  • Security Software Installed; Norton Av on one machine, Comodo CIS on another
  • How you produced the problem; Try to run update
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; ???
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); See screenshot

I run the portable version

[attachment deleted by admin]

Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit) - XP, 32bit;

Security Software Installed - CIS 3.12; On-demand: Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware and SUPERAntiSpyware;

How you produced the problem: Unable to open the help-file; I, instead, get an error - cannot open the file: mk:[at]MSITStore:C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO System-Cleaner\help.chm.;

Any other Additional Information: The first few times when I tried opening it, the error was a different one; something like, “cannot install the help-file”, or something.

Hi,

We analyzed and reproduce your scenario and this happens if during the help.chm download process the Internet connection is lost. In order to access the help file, go to C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO System-Cleaner\ and delete help.chm. After that click “Help” button in the main interface in order to download the file. Make sure that the Internet connection is stable.
This problem will be fixed for the next release.

Thank you for your support.

1. The diagnostics says: “A vital file is missing from your installation of Comodo System Cleaner. Please reinstall Comodo System Cleaner to fix the problem”. I ran the installer again and chose “Repair”. I rebooted the system when prompted. After reboot, I ran diagnostic again with the same results (file missing). It gave no clue as to which file it found missing.
    [/quote]
    I’m getting this error also on Windows 7, 32bit. Previously had an earlier version installed so tried uninstalling, rebooting, cleaning registry from any remaining Comodo entries, deleted left over files in the program files folder, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted but still getting the same error in the Diagnostics.

It’s going to be fixed in future releases. See this thread.

Dealing with forums is something complicated for me, so I don’t know if this is the right place for what I’m going to say.

I used CSC-1 for some time, and then I switched to System Mechanic 8. Bur knowing that there was a new CSC version, I installed the 2.2.114194.1 yesterday and all my intents to run it have failed because even though the program updates fine and responds to settngs fine too, it never ends its task even though it’s working according to my WinXP-Pro Task Mgr.

My ESS-4 isn’t blocking it, and System Mechanic 9 is sleeping, so I have to accept that this CSC-2 is really a mysterious program.

Hi,

What do you mean by CSC never ending its task? Is the process still active in Task Manager when the application is closed?

Thank you.

I meant that according to Task Manager CSC is working, but I don’t see it’s taken any resources and I left it there for almost half an hour and nothing changed.

P.S.: (11/22/09) I just decided, once more, to uninstall version CSC 1.1.639282.8, running System Mechanic en installing then CSC version 2.1.114191.1,… and it worked!

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit): Windows XP 32bit, 512MB RAM;

• Security Software Installed: COMODO Internet Security (No Anti-Virus);

• How you produced the problem: Running a duplicate-files brings the system to a standstill. While the scan is running I am unable to open, run and use other applications. Since the scan runs for quite some time, my system is rendered unusable for 150-20mins.;

The duplicate files scan runs very slow, I wish you guys can make it faster.

Hi I have this bug with Comodo System Cleaner everything works fine for a while and then after I have had it installed for sometime this the current one I have had installed a couple of weeks before it happened and I can not figure out what is causing it because I am not doing anything different that I can think of but what happens is that the disk cleaner portion of it when I click on it will not come up with any places to search so I can not use it at all I also had this happen once with the last version to just a while before I updated to this version and so when it happened with that version I uninstalled it because I could not update to this version it would not let me just update so I completly uninstalled it and then installed this new version and everything was going fine for a while and then all the sudden they disappear

I am running Windows XP SP2

I know that I have used the disk cleaner before searches were gone just fine I used them that part just by it self just fine so a file or something is missing now or something happened

It seems to me now that when mine didn’t work it was because I tried to run the disk cleaning only, like I did several time with version 1 successfully. When I reinstalled version 2 and asked for a total cleaning, it took a while but it worked fine.

As per this post, on Windows 7 (Ultimate) CSC finds thousands of non-existent temp files with the disk cleaner.

https://forums.comodo.com/comodo_system_cleaner_fileregistryprivacy_cleaner/csc_found_thousands_of_nonexistent_temp_files-t47837.0.html

Windows 7 64 bit
Comodo Internet security suite
Just want to report that in Comodo System Cleaner system settings \Windows Explorer & selecting the shortcut options also have the undesired side effect of removing the ability to pin programs to the start menu or task bar.
Solution is to uncheck the shortcut options in System Cleaner & reboot.

One more bug I’ve found is on launching System Cleaner some options are not showing on the bottom of the screen unless i drag on the bottom to enlarge the window