COMODO System Cleaner 2.0.111095.7 Public Release BUG REPORTS

• Your Operating System: Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit
  • Security Software Installed: CIS 3.12, SpywareBlaster, Malwarebytes AntiMalware
  • How you produced the problem: PerfectDisk 10 system defrag will not run with CSC installed
  • How you tried to resolve the problem: uninstalled CSC
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any): NA
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any:NA
  • All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled: log files have no bearing on this problem
  • Any other Additional Information: PerfectDisk 10 will do a regular SMARTPlacement defrag, but not a system degrag. It starts to do a system defrag when you set it and reboot the computer, but instead of going ahead and performing the system defrag, the computer reboots again to a screen that asks you if you want to initialize a startup repair or start the computer normally. CSC should not cause interference with other programs like this. A temporary workaround provided by PerfectDisk Technical Support is to Run Regedit. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\CFRPD\Start
    Change value from 0 to 3 (1 indicates that it starts at System. 3 indicates that it starts manually)

This allows PerfectDisk 10 to complete a boot-time system defrag, but then the Start value should be set back to 0. This procedure has to be followed every time you want to perform a system defrag, eliminating the option to set a PerfectDisk 10 system defrag to run on a schedule.

Here’s the screenshot of my installed software as requested. Hope this helps!

Thanks!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thank you. We will now run tests on this matter and will keep you updated.

the problem with services.exe is not fixed, after cleaning the system it has come back once more…

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
    Windows XP Pro 64bit Sp2 all updates

• Security Software Installed;
    Comodo Internet Security

• How you produced the problem;
    Cleaned system with CSC

• How you tried to resolve the problem;
    uninstalling CSC fixes the problem

• Screen-shots with the error (if any);

http://i38.tinypic.com/1e5ab6.jpg

• Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;

• All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled;

• Any other Additional Information;
    not much to add here, i think you already know that this problem exists…

I would like to make another suggestion for the Disk Cleaner: previously I have mentioned some folders that could be deleted, and I have forgot to mention another one: MSOCache. This folder is also placed on the drive C:, after installing MS Office 2007, but it is not necessary to have it, especially I don’t like to have it on C:. If you haven’t already put this feature into Disk Cleaner, then you probably should. If there is already in it, then ignore my post (I usually delete this folder before even touching any cleaner program - which can be considered as CSC), and I haven’t seen any option for the folders mentioned by me.
Looking forward to try the next release. Keep up the good work!

Hi Comodo Team,

I used to have problem with CSC versions 1.xxxx, the problem was the CSC would choke up on updates … when I would choose to check if there were any program updates online via CSC panel.

Then I updated to Comodo System Cleaner 2.0.107697.4 and problem solved … now I can go to the GUI and ask to check for any updates … now here is what the problem is with “Comodo System Cleaner 2.0.111095.7” the latest Release …

1. It does find that there is a new update … so far A-OK!

2. But when is downloading the New updates … you are thinking it will just update the exisiting program … but heck no, it uninstalls current copy and installs the new one …
    Q: So why is called upgrading!?!?

3. The new program starts installing and then the Progress Bar Never closes … it just shows that is about ~ 95% done … about 1/4 inch from the ends STOPS. So, that is a Problem.

4. Q: Why is it when CSC installing the new version my Desktop Icons go crazy flashing like crazy.

THANKS!

G! :slight_smile:

When I uncheck show scan results, and run disk cleaner CSC shows me this window.

1. CPU Athlon 64 X2 4600+
  2. Windows XP pro, service pack 3, 32 bit
  3. CIS 3.12.111745.560
  4. Antivirus - default settings
  5. Firewall - custom policy mode
  6. Defense+ - clean PC mode
  7. Administrator account

When I click ok, operation doesn’t finish and I have to close CSC.

No option to uninstall Googlechrome

The first two defects are already reported to the development team and will be fixed within the next releases.

Regarding the Google Chrome unistall issue: there are certain applications that don’t create the unistall registry key in the same location as most application do. Unfortunately, Google Chrome is one of this exceptions. But, we will make a research on this matter for the future releases of CSC, and we will find a solution to uninstall these applications as well.

Thank you for your support.

Topic on hanging updates and therefore uncapable of using the diskcleaner/privacycleaner/registrycleaner

https://forums.comodo.com/comodo_system_cleaner_fileregistryprivacy_cleaner/csc_hangs_during_updates_installation-t45947.0.html

1. Various OS’s, reported so far : Vista, XP SP3,
  2. for more information please visit the topic.

best regards,
eXPerience

• Windows Vista 64bit (Hungarian language);
  • CIS 3.12.111745.560;
  • I clicked on System informations (Rendszerinformáció in Hungarian) and CSC crashed. I can reproduce this.
  • I haven’t got a clue how i should resolve this.
  • Attached.
  • Windows log file: “A hibát okozó alkalmazás: CSC.exe, verzió: 2.0.9999.5, időbélyeg: 0x4aa134b7, a hibát okozó modul: CSI.dll, verziószám: 0.0.0.0, időbélyeg: 0x4aa1103e, kivételkód: 0xc0000005, hiba pozíciója: 0x0000000000009df9, folyamatazonosító: 0x1330, az alkalmazás indításának időpontja: 0x01ca4b251495a998.”, attached.
  • log file is empty;
  • i’m using Hungarian language in CSC;

Hello,

The screenshot you posted shows that you are using CSC version .6. Please check if the same thing happens in the latest version too (CSC 2.0.111095.7).
The most possible cause for the crash is related to driver issues for the motherboard. Please check for driver related issues in “Device Manager”(right click My Computer, select Manage and then click on Device Manager). We would appreciate your help if you could provide us with a screenshot for this section.

Thank you for your support.

I have performed cleaning of several items from the system and during starting of it again, Windows has entered BSOD during loading of CFRPD.SYS driver.

I have fixed it by entering System repair tool and renaming CFRPD.SYS to CFRPD.SYS~ and then the system has started successfully.

My system is Vista x64, 4GB of memory, COMODO Firewall 3.12.111745.560, COMODO System Cleaner 2.0.110158.6, Windows Defender.

Here are links to crash dump and logs:
http://temp.nehez.cz/CFRPD-MEMORYDUMP.RAR
http://temp.nehez.cz/CFRPD-LOGS.RAR
http://temp.nehez.cz/CFRPD-BACKUP.RAR

Hello Casopeea,

Same happening with v.7. I got no device problems at all - none i know about. I got one disabled network card, cause i’m using a newer one (i switched from a G-based wireless to an N-draft card, the G is the built-in Intel). I see 2 nonPnP devices in the device manager if enable viewing hidden devices (A4Tech Mouse Filter Driver, SSPORT), i don’t think they got effect on this problem, but who knows…

https://forums.comodo.com/comodo_system_cleaner_fileregistryprivacy_cleaner/csc_driver_issue_upon_boot-t46404.0.html

Hello,

The problem doesn’t appear to come from the drivers on your computer, as they seem to be in place, according to your screenshot.
Please try the following: go to Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools and click on System Information. Here, perform a general check to see if any error(s) or crash may appear. Just to be sure, click on each section/subsection and make sure the information loads properly.

Please keep us updated on the results. Thank you.

Hello,

Thank you for reporting. The files attached are very useful and will help the development team in debugging this defect.

Hi,

I checked all the tabs but i got no errors. However, Windows Error reporting (last one in the software environment) tab isn’t loading in anything, is that a problem?

Hai I used a clean CSC install yesterday. After cleaning and rebooting the vitual memory is increasing to 2 GB. I have read previous subjects on this issue, and it will be fixed as told. But in the mean time the pc is not very usefull. Is unistalling CSC a way to fix the problem in the mean time or not? Or will the uninstall make a further solutions provided by comodo senseless?