COMODO System Cleaner 2.0.111095.7 Public Release BUG REPORTS

But that wouldn’t be “cool”. ;D I commented on it a while back, here.

Hi,

Please provide us with the logs of CSC (after you scan in CRC and the error appears). The logs can be found in the installation folder of CSC.(\Program Files\COMODO\System Cleaner)

Thank you.

- Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit): WinXP Pro SP3 32 bit updated
- Security Software Installed: /
- How you produced the problem: go to autoruns manager → services
if you rightclick, then go to advanced mode, you will see that the “status” is unavailable and that you can’t start/stop/restart/… the service. if you double click on it however, you are able to do so…

eXPerience

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); winXP 32 sp3
  • Security Software Installed; CFP, AviraAV, Comodo AntiSpam
  • How you produced the problem; automaticly version update
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; back to 2…6
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); no
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;
  • All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled;
  • Any other Additional Information;

The automatic update has installed the new version 2.0.111095.7 and now I have two problems: 1) csc_dll.dll is “altered” on the chek-up and therefore works only on CRC… 2) the process services.exe consume up to 2GB of memory! I went back to version 2…6 but still the problem of services.exe that previously did not have. What can I do?

PIF56,

For the second, I hope the staff may respond. But, some doubts.

Did this happen after any registry cleaning or just after automatic update?
If after registry cleaning, did you try to restore the registry from back up and check?
Did you see the surge even after rebooting the computer?
Did you try disabling Avira AV and see if the surge still happens?

Hello,

Windows XP Home SP3
Comodo Firewall
Vipre Antivirus
IObit 360 Antispyware

Downloaded CSC no problem from the forum
Installed without any issue
opened up the program and it immediately began an “update” scan which started to show various programs being “updated”. I realized that this was probably a privacy scan as it was going through a list which appeared in one of the windows.

After it finished … it had obviously deleted some vital entries as my computer would no longer shut down from either the start button or Task manager. After a hard shutdown and re-boot it still wouldn’t shut down so I did a restore from a restore point just previous.

Checked on diagnostics and there was 2 listings for csc_dll.dll and the second one was showing as altered.

Uninstalled and re-installed. The same thing happened (immediate scan). Immediately went to settings and unclicked “check for updates” and then when I opened the program there was no immediate scan. This time I stopped it in time to prevent the loss of shutdown function. The second time it also had no default listings in the cleanup or privacy scans when there were selections there the first time.

What is happening? It’s kinda scary to have a brand new program start removing entries on first use without any user action or permission.

By the way, when I uninstalled using Revo Uninstaller, there is a toolbar which is downloaded without the user’s knowledge inside your installers. Removed the registry entries for 2 of them. This is really not good for a security program to install without user consent. It puts your software into the category of the “undesireables” (which it clearly isn’t). Please remove this software from your install program or at the VERY least include user permission in the install.

Thank you

Sybrandus

SOLVED: wrong setup. I unchecked the “Check for updates when the application starts”. I beg your pardon for the inconvenience.

Hi layman
The services.exe problem happen after any rebooting the computer.
I have not tried yet the registry backup, even disable Avira… Let me try
Thank you

No Lyman, despite treatment did not change anything…
So you think I have to wait something from the staff?

OS XP Pro x86 SP3
SS CIS all installed
Open System Information and CSC crashes
Resolution None
No screen shots
No dumps
No logs
Happens every time COMODO SystemCleaner has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Error signature AppName: csc.exe AppVer: 2.0.9999.7 ModName: csi.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00004c2d
This used to happen on earlier version.

Hi,

The issue is currently being analyzed and will be fixed within the next releases. Thank you.

Hi,

Both issues, the altered dll and the one regarding services.exe, are going to be fixed for the next release.

Thank you for your support.

Thanks Cassiopeea, but wath do you mean about the next release? The official …7 or the next … 8?
…becouse I’m still fighting with services.exe…

The next release will be CSC .8
And the problems will be fixed for this new release. Thank you.

Hi,

Regarding the update process - please read this post in which the purpose of the updates are explained:
https://forums.comodo.com/comodo_system_cleaner_fileregistryprivacy_cleaner/what_is_this_update_to_an_application_list-t44521.0.html;msg322038#msg322038 . In addition to that explanation, it’s important to mention and assure you that during those updates nothing is deleted from the user’s pc.
The issue regarding the altered dll will be fixed in the next release.
Also, when installing Comodo System Cleaner, no toolbar is downloaded and installed on the computer. The toolbar you could be referring to is the one provided with Comodo Internet Security, that is installed only with the user’s consent.

Minor bugs (just reported to help perfect the software as it does not affect the performance of CSC)

1. Even after disabling ‘check for updates when program starts’ under Misc. tab of CSC, CSC tries to connect internet to update i.e. that link does not seem to work. (Not speaking about the ‘Check for Updates’ in the summary screen)

2. I don’t know whether this is a conscious work by CSC, but, some of the startups disabled by me using Ccleaner (like google desktop and hkcmd.exe) is not displayed under Autoruns Manager of CSC. In Ccleaner these are shown as grayed out (disabled), which of course I can enable. May be CSC can also show it the same way (with remark - disabled).

Security: Comodo firewall + Avast 4.8 Pro

CSC version 2.0.111095.7

Every time I run the Registry Cleaner scan with “Software” checked, CSC crashes while scanning “Software Entries.”

If “Software” is not checked, the scan completes with no problems.

Here are screenshots of the crash… and the event log

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi,

Please provide us with the Registry Cleaner log. The CRC.log can be found in the installation folder of Comodo System Cleaner.

Thank you.

Not sure how this might help… but here it is anyway

Looks like its just a log of what I cleaned last time (without “Software” checked)

I re-ran CRC w/ “Software” checked to make it crash to see if it would change the log, but it did not.

Let me know if you need anything else!

Thanks!

[attachment deleted by admin]

If you want and if you have the possibility, please take a screenshot of your installed programs as they are shown in Control Panel>Programs section.
This will help us reproduce the environment on your computer and by this, will help us fix the problem.
Your help is highly appreciated.