COMODO System Cleaner 2.0.101929.1 BETA Released!

Hello,

We are happy to announce that COMODO System Cleaner 2.0.101929.1 BETA is available for download and testing.

What’s new?

• A completely new interface
  • The application database is much larger and updated every day.
  • Malicious entries detection for Registry Cleaner
    Using COMODO Malicious Database, we are able to detect malicious registry entries on your computer.
  • Registry Cleaner has a new scan category - Software : this will clean unneeded registry entries that are left behind by your installed applications.
  • We added a new module - Wiper - this will wipe files, partitions and free space.
  • An improved registry protection mechanism
  • Advanced filter entries on Registry Cleaner and Disk Cleaner - you can choose custom folders and registry keys for cleaning
  • Windows 7 is now supported (experimental)

Known Issues:

• There may be some malicious entries that are not white listed - cleaning this entries cause problems to your system
  • Registry protection and safe deletion drivers are experimental for Windows 7, using this options on this operating system may be unsafe
  • On virtual machines, System Cleaner crashes when selecting System Information module.

Bug Reports:

Please use https://forums.comodo.com/comodo_system_cleaner_fileregistryprivacy_cleaner/comodo_system_cleaner_201019291_bug_reports-t42441.0.html to report your bugs. Our moderators collect these bugs and submit them to the devs.

BETA NOTICE: This product is intended for special users (BETA Testers) who would like to join the testing process. It may contain major bugs that could cause serious problems and not be suitable for your everyday use yet. Please do not use it in your production machines.
We recommend uninstalling the previous version of COMODO System Cleaner before installing this one.

Download Locations:

Setup for Windows Vista 32-bit/64-bit, Windows XP 32-bit/64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit

download.comodo.com/csc/download/setups/CSC_SETUP_2.0.101929.1_xp_vista_server2003_win7
Size: 10,8 MB (11.414.016 bytes)
MD5: b71b8b2a0325222994b44edf11e06a1c
SHA1: 1c5f11f8748362fd5fde705536d911597fc583ad

Edit: Link to outdated product removed.

Great job guys!

Cheers,
Josh

Is there a Portable Version to test?

Congratulations. (:CLP) Installing it as I type… (:KWL)

Very nice job guys, i will start testing it!

(I have been waiting for a beta and this is what I needed) ;D

Nice Installer.

(:CLP) :BNC

Hello,

A portable version will be available at the next release.

I’m drooling :o :-TU

So far everything is working fine, without changing any settings

I using windows 7 version 7229 86x. I’m running avira, prevx, utorrent, comodo 3.10.???.531

Next, I’ll play with the setting and other stuff, to see if I can find any bugs to report >:-D :-TU

Welldone guys, I know you worked very ■■■■■■■ this product!

Melih

Good job!!

V7chy

Thanks for the new version.

The cleaner seems to get more accurate and faster all the time.

Good work :-TU

John

Nice release guys! I would like to see the Help, Misc, Minimize, Maximize and Close buttons brought down into the main frame of the program. I didn’t notice them at first and I was about to file a bug report on them being missing. I finally noticed them in my tabs bar of my open Firefox window (see attachment).

[attachment deleted by admin]

Congratulations and thanks, well done guys! :-TU

By the way, I guess you’ll make this portable as well (like the current CSC), when it goes final? :a0

Downloaded just to check it out, really cool GUI, but until ALL bugs are discovered, fixed and confirmed as such I’d rather not venture the risk, I still feel a lot more comfortable with JV16 Power Tools 2009, especially now that it’s available in a lite version for free, sorry guys CSC is not ready as far as I’m concerned, I’ll be watching the bug reports carefully and the updates to come. It is although on the road to success as a great cleaner.

Regards Xman
Cheers :■■■■ (:CLP) (:CLP)

After so many posts on this in the past (from many different users), I figured Comodo would have paid attention, but apparently not. Seriously, fix the “unsafe entries to delete” issue, it is long overdue.
For details on this issue and how to solve it, see this post and this post or any of the ones posted by other users.

I also did a scan (without cleaning) to see what “Malicious Entries” came up with. The list looks like it detected a vast amount of entries (406) that seem perfectly legitimate. I would also recommend using this setting with extreme caution.

Hello,

A portable version will be available starting with the next release.

That’s peanuts. In the alpha version (moderators tested it), it found 3000+ entries on my machine (which was not infected of course). ;D

Thanks, good to hear!

Hello,

A few things about malicious entries on Registry Cleaner:

First I want to point out that the malicious entries in this version are totally different from the old "unsafe to delete entries" in the previous version of our cleaner. We use a very large database which contains entries marked as malicious. We are in process of whitelisting this entries. In the alpha version it found 3000+ entries, in this version  about 500 entries are found. We hope that until the next release we'll finish the whitelisting process and only real malicious entries will show up when scanning with CSC.

This means that if you have a virus or other malicious software on your computer, you can delete all entries that are created by it in the registry.

Wow! Are these, at present, considered False Positives? If so, I hope they don’t cause as many problems as the FPs in CIS!